Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 04:30 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,902,345 times

Advertisements

I'm only posting this because this is the 'Religion and Philosophy", so religious kooks keep that stuff to yourself.

Today I've been feelin' kinda blah. Not bad, just "blah". It is Monday and it feels like it's about 1000 degrees out with heavy humidity. I was eating lunch and was just thinking about recent events. The last ~2 years of my life really really, REALLY have sucked. I look further and realized there was other periods of my life where they sucked. The in between? Awesome!

Lately things have been getting better. I had a job that drained my soul COMPLETELY, the one supervisor I liked passed away (at 36!!)..and one of my dearest friends decided she no longer wanted to live. Quit job, dried up savings, took a job I just tolerate because I have to, barely paying bills.. it's been annoying to say the least. But, I took some control over some of our finances...and.. things just seem to be looking better. In fact, the last few weeks a lot of things have looked positive.

But here I am, getting excited to FINALLY get out of this "suck" period and head back into another "awesome" period... but yet, I know that after so many months -- or even years! -- things will get bad again.

I'm just venting, really. I just find it hard to look forward to the good parts of life, when we all know it's going to get bad eventually... LOL

I know, I know, dreading the bad means not enjoying the good. I just can't help it

I don't know why I made this thread, sorry. Just a lot on my mind. Feel free to complain about life if ya wish!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:43 PM

67 posts, read 57,076 times
Who hasn't felt like this?

Some A-hole said life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Well F that guy. I have a congenital heart problem that has required 3 heart surgeries, with a 4th cracking of my sternum coming up on the 27th. I have painful arthritis that has affected me since I was 14 (I'm 33), and I had a brain tumor removed in 2006 (luckily, that was benign...but now I'm on seizure medication for life). That, and my house lost 60% of its value in the past 5 years thanks to irresponsible bank lending and an economy destroyed by the greed of billionaires and millionaires. Rather than wait 20 years for it come back, I'm trying to short-sell. That's a blast.

I can say with pretty good assurance that it's impossible to control your own reactions after a certain point, unless you're a Buddhist monk, or insane. Unfortunately, I'm neither.

Last edited by captbeavs3; 07-18-2011 at 04:55 PM..

Old 07-18-2011, 05:19 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,627,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I'm only posting this because this is the 'Religion and Philosophy"...
...so what does all this have to do with philosophy?

Old 07-18-2011, 05:34 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,549,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
...so what does all this have to do with philosophy?
Absolutely nothing. Philosophy has no power to lighten life. Christ is the Power of God unto salvation from the burden of vanity. Peace, love, and joy are the Gifts of God and a bright future.
MT 11:28 "Come to Me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
MT 11:29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls.
MT 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,902,345 times
lmao, yay religious kooks and their story quotes.

ANYWAY, I put it in the PHILOSOPHY section because it was just.. about life and whatever. Sorry, let's all talk about that amazing jew and his invisible father!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:36 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,559,127 times
c l o s e d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality