Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,600,524 times

Advertisements

As I consider belief in God, Faith, Religion and the like, I often think my thinking is a bit " Off." The timing of it just is not right with my consciousness. I believe the bible, as well as some " Other Books", do have some truth in them, but I think the more in " Tune" you are with these books, the more your consciousness understands them, and then they can incorporate into your conscious life. And thats where my timing is off, many things are just not properly " Fitting", into my consciousness. Thus, not fitting into my belief and life.

When an automobiles timing is off, it just willnot run right, although all of its parts are in place, its just out of tune. I discovered that I am " Out of tune with Religion", out of tune with " Atheism", out of tune with many of the " Popular ways of thinking about all these dynamics." And when your out of tune with everybody, it becomes easy to walk alone, even think alone, not even caring if anyone " Thinks with you," Or like you.

As I consider both belief and unbelief in God, I think the timing is just off, in both modes of consciousness. Which is one reason why their is no " General Concesus" that can bind the two, to any common ground. Which leads me to consider, is it really the time to properly understand these working dynamics, which have worked their way into most of our consciousness?

All the parts are here, but universal understanding of them is not. The whole timing of it seems off to me.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 AM

to observe atheist and believers in God discuss things, is like looking at a ball of confusion which has a circular shape with no road out, just a circle that keeps the consciousness contained. Guaged with its own particular timing, its just the same old thing, over and over and over again, as it rolls along and gathers popularity. Thats why I have lost intrest in both ways of being; they are redundant; unenlightening, stale and tasteless, old and off.

Would that there would be a " Third Alternitive" to consider, but there is not. And the timing seems off with that reality.

Peace.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,564,299 times
If this isn't the right time to believe, when is? How much more time do you have to make up your mind?

2Cr 6:2 ...now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.)

Old 07-11-2011, 06:46 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,844,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
If this isn't the right time to believe, when is? How much more time do you have to make up your mind?

LOL. And the wrong timing is for the non-believers.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,024,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
to observe atheist and believers in God discuss things, is like looking at a ball of confusion which has a circular shape with no road out, just a circle that keeps the consciousness contained. Guaged with its own particular timing, its just the same old thing, over and over and over again, as it rolls along and gathers popularity. Thats why I have lost intrest in both ways of being; they are redundant; unenlightening, stale and tasteless, old and off.

Would that there would be a " Third Alternitive" to consider, but there is not. And the timing seems off with that reality.

Peace.
E.T. is the third alternative.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:

Was the day of salvation over 2,000 years ago when that scripture was written? Was it 10,000 years before that during Moses time? Was the accepted time for salvation 1,000 years ago, or is it acceptable today in the year 2011? Or does Salvation really have a time limit, or a time span?

I don't think it does have an acceptable time period, because all humans from all time periods, need Salvation.

Peace.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
E.T. is the third alternative.

I am beginning to think there is a third alternitive, and it includes a strange mixture of the two existant ones.

Peace.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Was the day of salvation over 2,000 years ago when that scripture was written? Was it 10,000 years before that during Moses time? Was the accepted time for salvation 1,000 years ago, or is it acceptable today in the year 2011? Or does Salvation really have a time limit, or a time span?

I don't think it does have an acceptable time period, because all humans from all time periods, need Salvation.

Peace.

If one would examine the above reasoning, then why are so many believers " Pressuring people to believe right now", as if there will be no salvation tommorrow? Theres something wrong with that.

Peace.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:29 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,564,299 times
Quote:

Peace.

The word translated as "now" in that verse is the Greek adverb "nyn," which is a primary particle of present time. It's defined as "at this time, the present, ie: right now."

Paul is citing the Septuagent text of Isaiah 49:8 and quoting God. The meaning is that God is bestowing salvation right now, as Paul is writing to the church at Corinth.

The point is that salvation is available at any time, anywhere, to anybody and it's available as a free gift from God to anyone who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ. But, it won't be available forever. There is a point beyond which salvation is not possible. For the individual person, including you, that point is death.

And, as Proverbs 27:1 reminds us, "Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."

Consequently, today, right now, is the day of salvation because you may have no more tomorrows. And, who would want to find himself outside the possibility of salvation and end up lamenting as Jeremiah did:

"The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved." Jer. 8:20

Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
The word translated as "now" in that verse is the Greek adverb "nyn," which is a primary particle of present time. It's defined as "at this time, the present, ie: right now."

Paul is citing the Septuagent text of Isaiah 49:8 and quoting God. The meaning is that God is bestowing salvation right now, as Paul is writing to the church at Corinth.

The point is that salvation is available at any time, anywhere, to anybody and it's available as a free gift from God to anyone who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ. But, it won't be available forever. There is a point beyond which salvation is not possible. For the individual person, including you, that point is death.

And, as Proverbs 27:1 reminds us, "Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."

Consequently, today, right now, is the day of salvation because you may have no more tomorrows. And, who would want to find himself outside the possibility of salvation and end up lamenting as Jeremiah did:

"The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved." Jer. 8:20

WellI disagree, I do not believe that " Death stops Salvation", Jesus overcame death and defeated it, in order that it may not in turn defeat humankind. My view of Salvation, limited as it presently is, is that it holds no limits, and will last forever. Jesus destroyed its " Sting", but many believers, just don't believe that. Jesus holds the power to pass humans from death, to life, John 5:24. In fact, it is said that many humans shall not even " See Death." Because it was rengered meaningless. In Rev. 1:18, Jesus said he has the " Keys to Death and the Grave", meaning he controls it, has mastered it, and can close it( or eliminate it) Death is destined to be destroyed in the lake of fire, the " Second Death", is simply the death of the ' First Death."

So again, I believe that many christian views on death and Salvation, are simply " Off." The timing is off. They try to condense Salvation, where I think it is unlimited.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality