Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:47 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Welcome to the UR camp, Mickiel.

I hold no intrest in the UR Camp, nor any other group one would prepose to place me in. I need no welcome to a camp I am not part of, nor wish to be. I want that to be clear.

Peace.

We enter a time that is also presupposed by so many, and its timing is off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 10:24 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I hold no intrest in the UR Camp, nor any other group one would prepose to place me in. I need no welcome to a camp I am not part of, nor wish to be. I want that to be clear.
Peace.
Pardonne Moi.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:58 AM

Because the Timing of human belief may be off, that shouldnot deminish the message they believe in. But the " Zeal of many believers has confused the message", that I truly believe has occured. I believe the chance that God is real, is greater than the chance that he is not. I conversely believe that the chance that all humans were created to be with God, is greater than the chance that we are not here to end up with him in glory. By " In Glory", I mean being with God, because if he exist, it could be nothingless than Glorious!

The timing of our understanding, AND its interpitation may be off, because God is certainly NOT on our plane; he certainly is not human, and he most certainly does things in his own mysterious ways. All God would have to do, is appear in the sky, so all could see him, and announce that he is real. That would change a lot of things and a lot of people, if he would do just that simple thing. Obviously he does NOT want that change , in that mannerism. He wants change to occur in his way and his timing.

Gods timing, and human timing, are NOT the same. And we all suffer because of that, were just " Out of Step with him."

Peace.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:08 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Then God's timing for coming to become with Him in the hereafter is about an unbalanced God exploiting US with the unrealism of well timed and executed responsible actions by the human Realistic Concept in the world, as it IS. But exploitation is a good underdeveloped idea for the progress of Man.

The timing is on for the exploited. The timing is off for the exploiting.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:33 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
With the international element of a lower bond rating for all of America, we may have something positive to be said about exploitation, but of course I am only being off the timing for my comment, and should have waited for the real "default" issue.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Then God's timing for coming to become with Him in the hereafter is about an unbalanced God exploiting US with the unrealism of well timed and executed responsible actions by the human Realistic Concept in the world, as it IS. But exploitation is a good underdeveloped idea for the progress of Man.

The timing is on for the exploited. The timing is off for the exploiting.

I think that God is exploiting humans, he is utilizing us for his profit, and for our future profit; but he is defintely promoting us for his own ends. In our eyes, it is a search into unknown areas, but I think he knows exactly what he is doing, we just don't know. And this is indeed exploitation, I would agree with that view. I disagree that God is unbalanced, he is just far advanced in his doings, some of which can certainly be seen by us as unbalanced; so I understand those who feel if theres a God, then he must be weird and unbalanced, its the only judgement many of us could make of him, after examining this world and its history.

Super intelligence and Genius can often be judged before hand as unbalanced, even when mere humans display it.

Peace.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:47 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Would it be different if a failure to repent and be saved resulted in eternal, final, irrevocable death, rather then eternal, final, irrevocable torment? You know, scriptures can also be read to make that case too and some believe that. Or, it can be read to suggest both: torment as in interim punishment and final extintion at the end.

No matter how many times people claim they "know" what the truth is, it's unclear. As for me personally, I'm unclear myself. However, it really isn't much of an issue either way because it can so easily be avoided. It's sort of like being a child again. The punishment isn't an issue if you'll just do right in the first place, is it?

In any case, would that make a difference to you?

A husband tells his wife that if she doesn't declare her love for him, he will beat her every moment of her life or...

A husband tells his wife that if she doesn't declare her love for him, he will kill her.

Would you consider either of those scenarios to NOT be forcing the wife to declare her love for the husband?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:32 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
A husband tells his wife that if she doesn't declare her love for him, he will beat her every moment of her life or...

A husband tells his wife that if she doesn't declare her love for him, he will kill her.

Would you consider either of those scenarios to NOT be forcing the wife to declare her love for the husband?
Why do you have this endless fascination with what happens if you don't love God? Why focus on the negatives instead of the positives if you DO love God?

It's as if you're saying, "You know what, God? I'd like to love you, but I just can't love a guy like you, not as long as you do the things you do." In other words, you're offering a love to God which is as conditional as you claim His is. If He'd meet your expectations, why you'd be happy to love Him!

Why is it that we're all willing to accept God's unconditional love for us, just as we are, but we're not willing to afford Him the same courtesy?

Love is always a choice and you're chosing not to love Him because He's not the God you want Him to be.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:08 PM

Let me say this: Just what is Gods Love? God is Love, but that does not mean he is a being composed of emotional goo, I believe when the bible states that God is Love, its being " Descriptive of what God will do." He will Love, and always continue to Love -- its something that God actively does. Its his way of being, its his true characther, its how he really is; he is a Loving being, which is why he would never punish humans forever, that is not Love, I don't care what christian book you read. You don't create humans who are born weak, place them in a pressure cooker, then judge them according to how they stand up to the pressure, thats not Love. But God is " Actively doing this", so his reasons for doing it, are simply misunderstood by humans, we are off in our timing of judging God ourselves. This is why unbelievers have a very hard time understanding the whole God concept. And I view our understanding of Love is simular.

Love is what God will do, it is his active way of being, and all that he does, is based on and rooted by his Love, which is a golden garentee of Universal Salvation. Gods Love has absolutely nothing to do with how humans think and behave, that is inmaterial to him, it has to do with humanitys future with him, that is what he is actively preparing for. And hes got all the time in his world, his patience is legendary in heaven. He is eternal, thats why it does not bother him that we suffer now, can't see him now, because he knows, inspite of our ignorance, we will be with him always in eternity: always together!

It was the Love of God that induced his creative mind with the pregnancy of humanity; and I also believe that it was his Love and Pleasure with how his firstborn, Jesus Christ, turned out, that again prodded God to want to have more children. When he brought Jesus into reality, long before he had even thought of creating anything physical, he was so pleased with Jesus, so Loved him and how he was, that it induced his Love to expand into more beings who had an essence of his very self. And thats what the " Spirit of God is", the essence of himself; if he were human, I would call his Spirit, " His Sperm", a vital part of himself; yet he is not human, so it is difficult to define in human terms, what his Spirit is.

Gods Love IS NOT human, and not to be compared to human Love- which is envious, jealous, selfish and unpredictable. Gods Love is formulated by Peace, Joy, Mercy, Grace, Kindness, Patience, Goodness and Self Control, which are fruits of his Spirit, or his ways and means. And all these are the foundation of human Salvation> these are what GIVES and Garentees our Salvation, NOT the things we choose to believe, or the way we live. God does not base our eternity on our physical lives now, he bases our eternity on HIS Life, he based it on his Sons Life.

Believe me, we are very, VERY fortunate that God is the way he is, I am glad he is nothing like us!

Peace.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:25 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Why do you have this endless fascination with what happens if you don't love God? Why focus on the negatives instead of the positives if you DO love God?

It's as if you're saying, "You know what, God? I'd like to love you, but I just can't love a guy like you, not as long as you do the things you do." In other words, you're offering a love to God which is as conditional as you claim His is. If He'd meet your expectations, why you'd be happy to love Him!

Why is it that we're all willing to accept God's unconditional love for us, just as we are, but we're not willing to afford Him the same courtesy?

Love is always a choice and you're chosing not to love Him because He's not the God you want Him to be.

What I find fascinating is that you've gone to such efforts to avoid answering the question. You said God won't force us to love him ... how are either of those scenarios which you've put forth ("love me or endure eternal torment or annihilation"), not force?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality