Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,072,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
The story of the two wolves, one good, one evil, is a story about all of us, for deep within us there is both good and evil and what we choose to be depends upon us, it's our choice and that is what the story is telling us. We all know that we have both good and evil within us and we all know that at different times we're going to show both good and evil and there is nothing wrong with that as long as we know how to control it and which wolf we feed the most. That's what this story is trying to tell you.osay
Ptsum,

The more times I see words of wisdom, that cross all cultures the more strengthened I become in the belief we all have the same creator.

If memory serves me me right the Tsalagi have a companion story that explains that both wolves are us and we can not kill one without killing the other. I forgot exactly how the story goes but that is the lesson learned from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Ptsum,

The more times I see words of wisdom, that cross all cultures the more strengthened I become in the belief we all have the same creator.

If memory serves me me right the Tsalagi have a companion story that explains that both wolves are us and we can not kill one without killing the other. I forgot exactly how the story goes but that is the lesson learned from it.
It's like two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Total BS. Bieng mad, feeling jealousy, and even hating are all human emotions. To say that you are evil if you are righteously angry, jealous, or feel hatred is , well, evil imo. It's judging people by the wrong standards. You are calling all passionate people evil, and that all passionate people should be "good" and behave in a way YOU want them to behave.

Little Hamer, you have just proven my point and the lesson of the story.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,015 times
Quote:
Total BS. Bieng mad, feeling jealousy, and even hating are all human emotions. To say that you are evil if you are righteously angry, jealous, or feel hatred is , well, evil imo. It's judging people by the wrong standards. You are calling all passionate people evil, and that all passionate people should be "good" and behave in a way YOU want them to behave.
It is not total BS, Ball Pean. It's more profound than you know.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 PM

591 posts, read 641,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post

God gets angry, jealous and hateful. Does that make him evil? If you judge people by those standards then you consider God evil. Not a good lesson for the kiddies imo.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
God gets angry, jealous and hateful. Does that make him evil? If you judge people by those standards then you consider God evil. Not a good lesson for the kiddies imo.

Little Hamer, we're not talking Christian beliefs here, there is no wisdom in that and you are in way over your head.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
No, it's actually as shallow as it looks.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Little Hamer, we're not talking Christian beliefs here, there is no wisdom in that.

Yeah, you're talking about making people feel shame by calling people evil because they have human emotions, and calling everyone who gets angry evil. Shallow. Very shallow.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:05 PM

I bet I'm making a lot of indians angry. Those sinners. lol

Old 07-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I bet I'm making a lot of indians angry. Those sinners. lol
No, we just think that your a U-na-s-ti-s-gi A-si-yv-di....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality