Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we add a "Christians-only" sub-forum?
Yes 40 54.05%
No 34 45.95%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:40 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Okay forgive me!!
I read the post replies after it had been closed..
Sooooo some of my quotes are in response to the individuals may have been done wrong since I'm new to posting and all... should have taken a quick course
before I started posting, pay attention all Christians! I'm going somewhere with this. I could not help but notice how quick a couple of you jumped the "proverbial gun" to my replies.
So what I hope that I'm not seeing here, is that no matter whether we have an exclusive "Christian" forum or not; there are still going to be Christians at other Christians throats. Say it isn't so !! This was the problem with the Pharisees and Sadducees and ....... Could this be why many atheists and many others don't see Christ in our Posts and continue go back and forth with you??(I would like a solid response to this you know...as if Christ were right there responding himself ) Anyone can argue that has read the Bible or have had training in debates. If the world doesn't see the LOVE of Christ Jesus in our response to one another then what good is it??? To those "christians" who picked my words apart" in my reply/quotes seem like you just want to be popular, we are supposed to be on the same team aren't we ?? Enlighten me in case I don't understand the difference between "salt and light".... but are we trying to win
here??? as in competing with the world? Or do we really want a forum where we can just love on one another (spiritually that is!!) and preach to the choir and be right and self righteous and exploit one another, Or share paganistic views that are opposite of the Truth according to the word of God, This is mockery before God and we're expected to repent for trying to be the next "Forum Idol". Hopefully I will be posting "savvy" when the New Forum is opened and won't make as many mistakes in my replies as far as the correct times and quotes and all. But thank the Lord for Romans 8 that says there is "no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus"...
So my prayer is that we will go to the New Forum with the minds of Christ, with a forgiving heart not puffed up with knowledge and Pride. Hope to see all of the exciting things there. Jazzedforhim I like your post not being partial to any others, Let's remember to humble ourselves that even a non-believer will want to know the Saviour that we worship...
We all do worship Him don't we? in Spirit and Truth ??...Selah........
Amen to that brother? Err....or sister!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:54 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Exclamation Strait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Read my earlier post quoted above. It's not about segregating but growing in our faith together. No one plans to stop sharing the gospel or defending their faith and/or learning about other faiths on the religion/philosophy forum. But it would be nice to have fellowship without arguing about the basics of faith: Does God exist, Evolution vs. Creationism, Is Jesus God and such. There will still be debates but the baiscs of the faith will be a given. That is how I see this sub-forum to be a great addition.
Jazzedforhim:
Did anyone ever mention to you or point to the scriptures that we're supposed to cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the true knowledge of God.,and bring every though into captivity to the obedience of Christ" ? Well what you're doing here is against what Christ told us to do, What do mean by Does God Exist? and Evolution vs. Creationism and all the other abominable things that suggest Non-Belief in Christ and the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. If this new forum is a Christian one, nobody has any business asking a question like that, or debating. Let's not compromise here for popularity or "go along to get along" . Repent and cut it out or just continue on the old site where many Atheist and such will gladly reply. Come on Now!! are you sold out for Jesus our Saviour or not?? Just asking.. Or did I misread the reply?? Help me understand without getting offended please, since we're on the same team???

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 08-17-2007 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 08-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Jazzedforhim:
Did anyone ever mention to you or point to the scriptures that we're supposed to cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the true knowledge of God.,and bring every though into captivity to the obedience of Christ" ? Well what you're doing here is against what Christ told us to do, What do mean by Does God Exist? and Evolution vs. Creationism and all the other abominable things that suggest Non-Belief in Christ and the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. If this new forum is a Christian one, nobody has any business asking a question like that, or debating. Let's not compromise here for popularity or "go along to get along" . Repent and cut it out or just continue on the old site where many Atheist and such will gladly reply. Come on Now!! are you sold out for Jesus our Saviour or not?? Just asking.. Or did I misread the reply?? Help me understand without getting offended please, since we're on the same team???
Umm...you misunderstood my post. What I was saying is that we argue those things now in the religion forum but would not have to do so in a Chrisitan sub-forum.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Chin up Aiangel Didn't we work and win the weather forum when so many thought it was a dumb idea.
You know we did!

I have faith that we shall get our sub-forum.

OF course, I'm just giddy as a child in a candy store at the moment, and am happy about everything. It rained, Yes, it rained a bit today and we are 20 degrees cooler at the moment than we have been at this time in a loonngg time..

So, now, I am as excited as Jazz was earlier.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:51 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Smile Forgive Me Jazzedforhim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Umm...you misunderstood my post. What I was saying is that we argue those things now in the religion forum but would not have to do so in a Chrisitan sub-forum.
Forgive me

Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,312 times
Wink Judeo-Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Should we add a "Christians-only" sub-forum? This poll will be open for two days. If you have an idea for a better title of this proposed sub-forum, please post it.
How ab/ Judeo-Christians?

Old 08-17-2007, 07:18 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Call it "Christian Theology and Thoughts"

Old 08-17-2007, 09:31 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
I'm a Native American !
But not sure if this is not a mockery........
Or Just Plain Old Sarcasm, or a blend..... either you are a Christian or you're not.,,Even though you profess to be a Christian, when you're in Christ you're a new creation,, there's is no room for debate....REPENT and turn away !!!
Any true Believer in Christ Jesus Our Lord will know that they are not "unworthy".. But worthy by the Blood of The Cross!!!
In our prayers
May God Bless You
OTAY! Sermon UP! You go, girlfriend.

LOL. I wasn't debating my faith or anyone as being unworthy.

By unworthy, I was referring to those who would be deemed "unworthy" to join in the Christians Only forum.

A better analogy would be if anyone happened upon a bible study and before they could sit with the group, one of the group stands up and says, Whoa, buddy, you are not allowed here. Only christians. Don't let the doorknob hit you where the good lord split you. (finger snap!)

But, I am no longer "against" having a christians only forum. Au contraire. I just have the strange notion that all are welcome to partake of the bread.

Sarcasm aside, I also learn a LOT and find a few inspiring posts by our christian brothers and sisters. I also know first hand that some folks apply the label without having the proper spirit. So, by all means NAIL that sign on the forum to be: CHRISTIANS ONLY! Flamers, Keep Walking! We be goin to CHURCH!

Peace be unto you also. Sounds like you are already tuning up for it.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
There might be some money to be made, maybe even for a good cause, by making bets about how many posts would be made before the True Christians started arguing with The Other Christians about the One and Only Way.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:04 PM

But that is growing arguing not arguing over if God exists in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality