Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How is a quote from the bible my attempt to defame it? It seems to me that in that case the bible defames itself.
Do you follow the ten commandments? You do know that they are written in the old testament, right? The laws that you say have been abolished.
When you dont want to acknowledge THE ENTIRE Bible including who Christ is and what he accomplished in relation to the O.T. ...then it is a disengenuous strawman attack by doing what you did. You needed to be reprimanded and educated . The O.T. Laws havent been abolished ... its that we are now no longer held to them because no one could hold to all of them at all times ; now, we are under grace and the New Covenant in Christ is what our justification for being right with God, is based on. Are you going to get your sins completely erased before you meet God ? Its done by recieving Christ into your life as payment for your many sins. Can you admit you are a Sinner for a starting point ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 10:20 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
When you dont want to acknowledge THE ENTIRE Bible including who Christ is and what he accomplished in relation to the O.T. ...then it is a disengenuous strawman attack by doing what you did. You needed to be reprimanded and educated . The O.T. Laws havent been abolished ... its that we are now no longer held to them because no one could hold to all of them at all times ; now, we are under grace and the New Covenant in Christ is what our justification for being right with God, is based on. Are you going to get your sins completely erased before you meet God ? Its done by recieving Christ into your life as payment for your many sins. Can you admit you are a Sinner for a starting point ?

Oh, so the OT laws haven't been abolished, you just are no longer held to them, I see the difference.

Wait, no I don't. Can you explain the difference to me?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:23 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Are you going to admit that you pick and choose which laws you want to follow or not?...Actually you do admit that here.."we are now no longer held to them because no one could hold to all of them at all times"

Since you now admit that you do not follow all of gods laws, (nobody does) where do you think your morals come from?

DO NOT preach to me, as I do not appreciate it, since I am a sinless atheist, and shall forever remain so.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Oh, so the OT laws haven't been abolished, you just are no longer held to them, I see the difference.

Wait, no I don't. Can you explain the difference to me?
No . I dont want to because youre so biased not wanting God to even exist..that youd deny him even if he were nose to nose with you. If you want the answer, then dont be afraid to use google for this purpose. But until you are properly educated on what youre trying to defame, refrain from being a critic until such time.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
No . I dont want to because youre so biased not wanting God to even exist..that youd deny him even if he were nose to nose with you. If you want the answer, then dont be afraid to use google for this purpose. But until you are properly educated on what youre trying to defame, refrain from being a critic until such time.

I can tell that I know much more about the contents of the bible then you do, mainly because I've learned the parts that Christians know, and then I learned the parts that the Christians don't teach.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:42 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
I can tell that I know much more about the contents of the bible then you do, mainly because I've learned the parts that Christians know, and then I learned the parts that the Christians don't teach.
You mean the parts that Christians don't want to know?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You mean the parts that Christians don't want to know?
If you know too much about it, you quickly find out it doesn't make any sense. So for people like 007.5, they just string together a chapter here, a verse there, and repeat the same stories year after year. Never turning the page to critically examine much of what is in the bible.

And there is zero attempt to maintain consistency. No matter how much 007.5 tells you here that we are no longer held to the OT, he will still go back and quote OT law as in full force and effect when he needs to validate a claim against gays or put the 10 commandments on the courthouse walls.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:07 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I have to pay taxes for schools, even though I don't have any children; I pay taxes that fund welfare, even though I've never received (thankfully!) welfare benefits; etc, etc, etc.
You shouldn't have to pay any tax to support what should be private, voluntary institutions.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
So, you believe atheist are in favor of murder?
Atheists were/are strong proponents of eugenics.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
I dont agree with sending troops to fight and die in wars which do not 'protect the homeland borders', and the killing of over 100,000 innocent civilians in those countries, but I am forced to pay for it, when I would far rather my tax dollars go to healthcare or education for our citizens.
While defense is a Consitutional requirement, neither healthcare nor education are Constitutional requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality