U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
 
35 posts, read 27,724 times
Reputation: 29

Advertisements

Video: Spare the rod, spoil the child, part 2 – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs


thats a link to a cnn story about some people who beat their child to death in the name of discipline and support it with the bible. This man preaches that children should be beat with belts, switches, water lines, and that it must hurt them.


I dont understand many things people attempt to support with the bible but this is seriously just beyond reason, beyond human, its plain and simple child abuse.



How...How do people possibly buy into crap like this. This is the utter extreme of blind following. Can't you think for yourself? reason for yourself?

It's sickening that anyone attempt to use religion to justify such horrific acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,057 posts, read 29,825,682 times
Reputation: 10455
People also use religion to justify such fascinating pursuits as war, mass slaughter, discrimination...

Not the rosiest possible perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,515,620 times
Reputation: 833
That guy from Anderson 360 is just a sadist and an abuser. Has he ever picked on any his own size, I wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2011, 06:42 PM
 
83 posts, read 74,067 times
Reputation: 28
more people have died in the name of religion than all other wars combined......its mind control and works amazingly well as we can see....right sheep baaaaaaaaaaaah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,046 posts, read 30,797,258 times
Reputation: 12226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
That guy from Anderson 360 is just a sadist and an abuser. Has he ever picked on any his own size, I wonder?
Which guy are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,319,474 times
Reputation: 8267
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.Voltaire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
 
3 posts, read 3,201 times
Reputation: 10
Religion today is a subject the world is hesitant to even recognize. And yet the world is lost without it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2011, 03:55 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,319,474 times
Reputation: 8267
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingforhome22 View Post

It's sickening that anyone attempt to use religion to justify such horrific acts.
Believing in absurdities is the first step to justify the commission of atrocities.

Religions are a cancers that destroy reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
 
693 posts, read 398,537 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingforhome22 View Post
thats a link to a cnn story about some people who beat their child to death in the name of discipline and support it with the bible. This man preaches that children should be beat with belts, switches, water lines, and that it must hurt them. I dont understand many things people attempt to support with the bible but this is seriously just beyond reason, beyond human, its plain and simple child abuse.How...How do people possibly buy into crap like this. This is the utter extreme of blind following. Can't you think for yourself? reason for yourself. It's sickening that anyone attempt to use religion to justify such horrific acts.
people be killing and hurting in the name of their religion,or god for decades. though God does say "spear the rod spoil the child",(Pro.13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes). some disagree with God's word,even though thy claim they serve him,a mess! either way,many will do what they feel is best. some take it too far,some don't. this man that thinks a child should be beaten to death,is most definately a represenetive of the devil. peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2011, 04:24 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,319,474 times
Reputation: 8267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
people be killing and hurting in the name of their religion,or god for decades. though God does say "spear the rod spoil the child",(Pro.13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes). some disagree with God's word,even though thy claim they serve him,a mess! either way,many will do what they feel is best. some take it too far,some don't. this man that thinks a child should be beaten to death,is most definately a represenetive of the devil. peace
What do you expect from a belief that uses fear to keep the followes in line and prevent chanllenges or even the asking of questions.

Fear is a human emotion that can be very effectively used to subdue and control subjects. Start them young, make them chant prayers about "if I die before I wake" when death is beyond their comprehension, threaten them with burning in hell, and the obligatory beatings. ......... lets see, is there a common denominator here...........

Oh irrational fear ....... punctuated with actual beatings.

I don't care what you call it, it amounts to child abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top