Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:12 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,541,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Im only up because i have to work today...and its Sat...okay done whining...and no..I dont need any cheese with my whine..lol thank you..my question....if pete and repete sat on a log..and pete fell off...whos left??
Ah, the working human being. Good to see you up so early and sooo perky too!
Just remember, there are a lot of worse jobs that human beings have had to suffer through. A mere 8,000 miles away, some poor human being does not have palatable water, a soft bed, or a computer. Be thankful.

LOG question.
No one because when repete pushed pete off the log, he got a splinter on his arse and is now in a world of hurt. The log smells a little where they were sitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Ah, the working human being. Good to see you up so early and sooo perky too!
Just remember, there are a lot of worse jobs that human beings have had to suffer through. A mere 8,000 miles away, some poor human being does not have palatable water, a soft bed, or a computer. Be thankful.

LOG question.
No one because when repete pushed pete off the log, he got a splinter on his arse and is now in a world of hurt. The log smells a little where they were sitting.
neva said i werent thankful.. especially for the AC today... and man do I hate splinters....

Old 08-18-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Redbird, you are too cool! And funny too!

Hmmmm, let me see....I know I have to have a question in me.....I'm thinking..

What do YOU think Heaven is going to be like?
Hello young Kawgy Human,

Heaven. Wow. That IS a tough one. AKA The Happy Hunting Grounds.

I don't personally like to think about Heaven as it is portrayed in artwork, or even in the Bible. And to be honest, a lot of people who talk about it are kind of scary. And I don't want to limit my visualization of it to something I can fathom, because let's face it, my realm of experience has been the post modern American version. I like the idea of a spirit world. That opens up a lot of realms.

Sometimes I think just seeing the face of God and having all the great hungers of the soul fulfilled would be heaven.

I mean look how most of the Ask A Human Being questions have been on religion. It appears the human beings who have posed questions here have this insatiable desire to find/describe/ and otherwise experience g*d.

Heaven may wind up in the fiction/fantasy section of the Great Library in the Sky. And we may go into a nether world from which we came. Darkness, nothingness, just done, over, kaput.

I know what I would LIKE heaven to be like. And I think that is enough for me. I will have to meditate on that question some more. Maybe you can share what YOU think heaven will be like.

**key the harp music

Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Well, this is a human-beings-only thread. If you have any questions that you have always thought about, but never asked... here is your chance!

And PLEASE, no animal noises, thumbing of noses, nostril flaring, or otherwise rude and insensitive comments to our four legged brothers, our winged ones, or our creepy crawly insect family here on Mother Earth.

Who wants to start? Go ahead, make my day.

P.S. As I am not the only human being on this forum, maybe some of the other human beings can pitch in and help me answer some of the queries.

Hey Redbird: If the earth were spinning fast enough, we humans could get flung off into space if we were at the equator. But, since it is loafing along at a mere 1070 mph, the effect is much less.
Therefore: can we humans INSTANTLY lose our overweight problem by simply moving to Panama? Did God make the equator for all us over-weight people? Will overly-skinny people feel normal if they move to the North or South poles? If we vote for you for President, could we count on the government giving away FREE extreme make-overs to whoever wants them?

Bud
Heavy Gravity, Alaska

Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Hey Redbird: If the earth were spinning fast enough, we humans could get flung off into space if we were at the equator. But, since it is loafing along at a mere 1070 mph, the effect is much less.
Therefore: can we humans INSTANTLY lose our overweight problem by simply moving to Panama? Did God make the equator for all us over-weight people? Will overly-skinny people feel normal if they move to the North or South poles? If we vote for you for President, could we count on the government giving away FREE extreme make-overs to whoever wants them?

Bud
Heavy Gravity, Alaska
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

If this idea holds ANY VALIDITY AT ALL....COUNT ME IN!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Bud
Heavy Gravity, Alaska
You know Bud Human,

Human beings have survived for generations in the far north, and carry a DNA-stamped "round survives" gene. You are from Alaska, and your DNA stamped survival traits are kicking in big time. Now put down that snicker bar and GIVE ME TEN SOLDIER!

If you were an Eskimo snuggling in an igloo, would you rather snuggle with a bony lass from Hollywood who is stick thin or a nice warm "winter-babe" that is nice and comfy.

If I were el presidente of America/Aztlatan, I would banish extreme makeovers completely. As well as the practice of botox and puffy lips from injections.

Heavily yours,

Redbird

Old 08-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Seconds on Ontology anyone?

On the Menu at Human Beings Cafe,

"The first, and best-known, ontological argument was proposed by St. Anselm of Canterbury in the 11th. century A.D. In his Proslogion, St. Anselm claims to derive the existence of God from the concept of a being than which no greater can be conceived. St. Anselm reasoned that, if such a being fails to exist, then a greater being — namely, a being than which no greater can be conceived, and which exists — can be conceived. But this would be absurd: nothing can be greater than a being than which no greater can be conceived. So a being than which no greater can be conceived — i.e., God — exists."

DINNER is served! Tonight's specialty! Brain food for Human Beings.

Eat it all, Igor, eat it all.

What? You never knew CD forum Religion and Philosophy Thread was around in the 11th century?

Old 08-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
I am not being funny or sarcastic, so please help me understand as a regular human being. How does one have a relationship with god? Do you hear voices? Is there or are there signs?

Reason I am asking( and by the way, I do believe in god) is because it gets a little anoying when i hear people making statements like "god wanted me to take this job". Or "god wanted me to do this and that". At what point, is it when this person makes HIS own decision? Sometimes I hear people making statements like the one described above and it sounds like a cop out.

Seriously, besides prayer, how does one communicate with god? Or in other words, how does god communicate with us?
Hello observant Human,

Q1: Re: A relationship with god. Good one. I would begin any relationship with God by throwing out everything you have been taught about god, and then still the mental chatter long enough to clearly define your perceptions of what you believe god is and what you believe he wants of you. Obviously, if you believe god wants you to strap on a back pack full of american flags and bibles and take a vacation to Iraq Headquarters, then your perception may be short lived and you will likely soon meet him first hand.

Q2: Hear voices? My opinion is yes. But it may not be audible. And one would have to discern whether it is truly god or just ego wishing for gratification.

Q3: See answer 2. Some may have visions, or inspirations after prayerful meditation. Again, beware the ego. He is always looking for self-gratification!

Q4: Re: Decisions- are they gods or yours? One should always smile and nod your head when faced with another human being stating "god wanted me to do this or that". Best to stay out of it. Unless it is REALLY stupid, then roll your eyes and say, OH MY GOD, LIKE I AM SO SURE! in your best valley girl imitation.

Q5 & 6: Re: How to communicate w/god. Personally, I like to communicate with god when I am alone and far from other human beings. Like every night just about now, I like to go outside and sit in a chair and look up at the stars and feel the essence of our great universe. For me, that always puts me in a good vibe to communicate.
God usually communicates best to me with slaps, jabs, backhands, and spankings. You know, school of hard knocks?

Of course, these are my perceptions and I don't hold them to be true for anyone else but me. I have a friend at work who talks non-stop about god, and it gets on my nerves. Sometimes its best to give it a rest. And then post it here on CD forum. I don't talk about religion at work. But then again, I usually work alone, so it would be extra weird.

You are a keen observer,

Pax

Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Default Hey, Redbird! Another human question here:

Okay, I just couldn't resist...

This human wants to know what you think about mysticism.

She is particularly interested in the various ways and means by which human beings have historically sought out the "sacred." Given that the "ways" are so varied, and the "means" by which the sacred is sought are so numerous, what is it that you feel serious seeker's sought?

June thanks you in advance; I shall await your edict.

Take gentle care.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:38 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Dear Human Being-

Why do the non-human beings smell one another upon meeting, yet human beings don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality