Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:58 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Why would dinolite form naturally in such weirdly specific configurations?

I think I'm gonna Google this dinolite business...
It has a very complex molecular structure. I mean REALLY complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 12:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
do you go to museums. have you seen any of the bones?

Old 10-15-2011, 12:31 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Default Well now, let's figure this out logically, why don't we?

1) All the things written about in the bible and Qu'Ran still exist, as in buildings, cities and the remains of buried or mummified people. So we therefore accept that they are true. We have "evidence".

Right?

2) We also have ample, equally valid and credible evidence of other things that preceded the bible in time and context.

Right?

Like what, you ask? Well lesseee now...

√ dinosaur fossils.

√ plant remains, plus their "metamorphasized" products in the form of oil, nat-gas and coal.

√ ancient geological structures such massive meteorite impact sites, humungous volcanic caldera that march across the landscape in progression, following the underlaying tectonic plate motions (see: Yellowstone National Park), and sedimentary facts in evidence like The Grand Canyon, the Canadian Shield, and the like.

Right?

So...

3) we therefore know that this earlier stuff all existed but way-long before the bible was written, and I mean LONG before. As in: tens of hundreds of thousands of years. Millions, in fact! (All those modern and updated aging/dating methods can't all be wrong, after all, now can they?)

Thus, QED, etc: the earth really is billions of years old. FACT.

Simple, huh? (unless you really REALLY don't want to accept and believe that, in which case, many happy delusions to yah!)

Old 10-15-2011, 01:25 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Ok I admit it. I belong to a secret society that has been forging and planting dinosaur bones around the globe for the past century and half. We've also been squishing Trilobites wherever they are found so people will think they are extinct.

It won't be long before They send a hit man to finish me off for disclosing this awful truth, but I thought Y'all should know. Also, Elvis is alive and well in Duluth, Minnesota.
I thought satan put them there to throw off the word of God? Or aliens did it... or they came from space by hitching rides on asteroids.

Also, have you seen the t-rex mold? I can't find it.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:41 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,113,245 times

Old 10-15-2011, 07:20 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,046,666 times
I ... cannot.... believe.... this.... thread.... was.... made.....

I had a teacher in my old christian school once.
He was a science teacher.
He believed that paleontologists (though he was unfamiliar with the word) just carved out whatever shapes they wanted, creating dinosaurs to amuse themselves - AND SATAN.
That teacher was an idiot.
In the rare instances that I do pray to a god, I pray that Jesus heralds Armageddon riding dinosaurs, and that the first visit he makes is to Mr. Gray, at which point he explains to him many things.
And then the dinosaur eats him. Slowly. With relish.

You see.... as a young student with grandparents whose house was built into a hill, and with my ability to dig through the hill and find all kinds of ancient shells, trilos, etc - I knew firsthand that paleontologists were not making up dinosaurs and other fossils. I also knew my teacher was a liar, and an idiot and probably spent too many years as a burn-out before finding Christ, and then coming to teach impressionable kids his delusions.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I ... cannot.... believe.... this.... thread.... was.... made.....

I had a teacher in my old christian school once.
He was a science teacher.
He believed that paleontologists (though he was unfamiliar with the word) just carved out whatever shapes they wanted, creating dinosaurs to amuse themselves - AND SATAN.
That teacher was an idiot.
In the rare instances that I do pray to a god, I pray that Jesus heralds Armageddon riding dinosaurs, and that the first visit he makes is to Mr. Gray, at which point he explains to him many things.
And then the dinosaur eats him. Slowly. With relish.

You see.... as a young student with grandparents whose house was built into a hill, and with my ability to dig through the hill and find all kinds of ancient shells, trilos, etc - I knew firsthand that paleontologists were not making up dinosaurs and other fossils. I also knew my teacher was a liar, and an idiot and probably spent too many years as a burn-out before finding Christ, and then coming to teach impressionable kids his delusions.
You should find that old "science teacher" of yours and have at him with an aluminum baseball bat. You'll feel much better.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:36 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,113,245 times
Why aluminum? Just wondering..

Old 10-15-2011, 08:47 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,036 times
You don't have to go very far to find living dinosaures today, there's the alligators, crocodiles, caymans and gharials, these all belong to the family Crocodylidae, which have been around for about 80 million years in there present form. I'd say they have to be classified as "dinosaurs" which means "Terrible Lizard" if you have ever ran into one of these animals you'd most likely see just how terrible they are.
So did dinosaurs exist, I'd have to say with a big bold YES and they still exist today.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Why aluminum? Just wondering..
I dunno.

I'm not interested in proving or disproving the existence of dinosaurs. I don't see them as a threat to my religious worldview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality