Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:06 AM

272 posts, read 208,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Again so what if he does...Horror of horrors, what if he is a secret godless atheist?
What the hell does what he believes or doesn't believe have to do with his presidency?
Usually a person beliefs drives their decisions. it's human nature.

If you know you can ride a bike, you don't question wheter you can ride it, you just do it.

same here. IMO, Obama knows he's not a Christian and by knowing that, he covers up crosses when he speaks. it's disrespectful to Christians.

If he doesn't want crosses or menoras, etc, in the background, then don't speak in front of them.

It's not hard to tell what he's doing. he's mocking Christianity. in plain sight.

I bet if he stood in front of a picture of Muhammed and covered it up, you'd have the Muslim community set to do a suicide bomb by the time he finishes his speech.

Why not do his speeches elsewhere you ask? because he can't mock a background of flowers and trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 09:10 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,509 times
i guess some people have forgotten the seperation of church and state - it is not appropriate to have any religious symbol in view when the president is speaking - in addition it would be nice to put to rest this rumor he is muslim - i believe if you check on his itineray during ramadam a major muslim holiday you will find he was not going to a mosque or spending quiet times at home - instead he was a busy bee giving speeches etc - however i have found that all you rumor mongers would rather get everything from fox news and would not waste one minute of your time to investigate the truth

Old 10-20-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
i guess some people have forgotten the seperation of church and state - it is not appropriate to have any religious symbol in view when the president is speaking - in addition it would be nice to put to rest this rumor he is muslim - i believe if you check on his itineray during ramadam a major muslim holiday you will find he was not going to a mosque or spending quiet times at home - instead he was a busy bee giving speeches etc - however i have found that all you rumor mongers would rather get everything from fox news and would not waste one minute of your time to investigate the truth
So why speak in churches with walls covered in crosses? you point has no legs under it.

there's a million convention centers nationwide where he can snatch up any conference room and do his speeches.

so why in churches?

nobody can answer that.

you scream "seperation of church and state" so why is he not trying to seperate himself from church buildings to do nation business?

hmm? you got answer for that?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,752 times
This is so silly. Not showing religious signs is disrespectful?? How absurd! People really do need to focus on what's important and not silly nonsense.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
This is so silly. Not showing religious signs is disrespectful?? How absurd! People really do need to focus on what's important and not silly nonsense.
Like settling racial disputes by drinking beer on the White House lawn.

riiiight...I get it.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:29 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
Where does it say that in the Constitution? I think I know the article you're talking about and it doesn't say that at all.
It does say that, read the constitution. Personally I think Obama may be either agnostic or atheist, but in a country full of religious whack-a-loons he would have no chance to be elected if he outed himself. That is a sad statement about your country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separat..._United_States

Article Six of the United States Constitution provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:30 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:

riiiight...I get it.
If you want something done right do it yourself...you should run for office like he did.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:30 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Is he really a Christian? my cousin in DC says he has yet to visit any of the many Christian churches in the area. if so you'd hear about it.

so I wonder....
And I wonder why it matters.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,752 times
Quote:

riiiight...I get it.
You seriously need to look at your priorities. Civilians are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan, children are dying of malnourishment in Africa and Central America, drugs are being smuggled across our southern borders, thousands of Americans are out of work, the glaciers in Glacier National Park are melting and not returning, the south is still trying to rebuild after the April tornadoes, the state of MS is getting ready to pass an amendment to their constitution that has people up in arms, and pedophiles are released from prisons to make room for meth heads. Pick a problem. Obama's religious views are irrelevant. Why not try to change your city, your state, or your country for the better instead of lamenting over the religious views of the president, which you can't change anyway?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

riiiight...I get it.
Maybe you should take this to the political forum where you will get some support from all the other right wing nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality