Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:39 AM

573 posts, read 2,059,267 times

Advertisements

I don't believe in getting blood transfusion, donating an organ not even after the person dies. I believe it's a sin to give away parts of your body. If there is a God it's obvious he gave people all of the organs they need and that when one of them starts failing and there is no way to fix the problem, your time is up and it's God's plan so just let it happen. I am not against using machines to help people stay alive or prosthesis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 04:09 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Some of this is like the Jehovah's Witnesses. The traditional/Pre-Christian religion of the Hmong rejects the removal of organs for any reason, if I recall correctly, but it seems like there might be a ritual they can perform that gives dispensation. Converting to Hmong traditional religion, so far as I know, is pretty much unheard of. Although maybe if their clan adopts you or if you marry into them it would be allowed.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:45 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
This doctrine of not helping others with body part that you do not need is basically a selfish in natural ....... See Jesus is the only religion were there is a Son of God in the World , and This Son gave His whole body to all so they could live , and died so they don`t have to die, a total unselfish humiliation of His being ..... So if we could even give a example of unselfishness in you lives and control of our dead bodies in Jesus honor would be honored by God ....... See God help those who helps others ...... Christianity is basically a religion of unselfishness as God ideas reject the proud nature that is I, me, mine......There are creative miracles from the Lord were He replaced body parts of man that are broken and brings health back to the man as Jesus blesses His people with life.........

Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I am not against using machines to help people stay alive or prosthesis.

Life support machines contradict the reasoning a person would use when using the phrase "your time is up" when referring to the nature of our body and what God made it to be.

Prosthesis are not necessarily something that keeps someone alive, but at the same time, if something defined as a prosthesis were to keep someone alive, then it also contradicts the reasoning I mentioned above.

But this reminds me of the loophole game I once heard used by a Jehovahs Witness. They were giving all the employees where this person works turkeys as a gift for Christmas. The person could not accept the turkey as a gift for Christmas, but they could have accepted it, if they said it was a bonus.

So, really, any life enhancing procedure or object can be called a prosthesis. Just thought I'd help you with your loop holes.

People are interesting, you just can't make this stuff up.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:44 PM

I also don't celebrate holidays.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
I don't believe in getting blood transfusion, donating an organ not even after the person dies. I believe it's a sin to give away parts of your body. If there is a God it's obvious he gave people all of the organs they need and that when one of them starts failing and there is no way to fix the problem, your time is up and it's God's plan so just let it happen. I am not against using machines to help people stay alive or prosthesis.
Too bad you've decided to "believe" these things without any Biblical basis.

Why do some of you people like to make God and his rules so complicated?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Life support machines contradict the reasoning a person would use when using the phrase "your time is up" when referring to the nature of our body and what God made it to be.

Prosthesis are not necessarily something that keeps someone alive, but at the same time, if something defined as a prosthesis were to keep someone alive, then it also contradicts the reasoning I mentioned above.

But this reminds me of the loophole game I once heard used by a Jehovahs Witness. They were giving all the employees where this person works turkeys as a gift for Christmas. The person could not accept the turkey as a gift for Christmas, but they could have accepted it, if they said it was a bonus.

So, really, any life enhancing procedure or object can be called a prosthesis. Just thought I'd help you with your loop holes.

People are interesting, you just can't make this stuff up.
ROFLMBO....I'd bet my last nickel that if the OP were critically injured and needed a blood transfusion or a transplant in order to survive...they'd be getting one. It's easy to say that you wouldn't do it until you're actually put in that position...the survival instinct in us all won't allow us to make that kind of decision.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Too bad you've decided to "believe" these things without any Biblical basis.

Why do some of you people like to make God and his rules so complicated?
I'm an agnostic. I am not religious. I do not believe in any specific beliefs from any religion or a God from any specific religion. I accept the possibility of a higher power existing. I don't believe in donating organs, blood, etc... Those are strictly my own beliefs for myself. I don't care what other believe in. I only wanted to know what religions have similar beliefs that I do.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
ROFLMBO....I'd bet my last nickel that if the OP were critically injured and needed a blood transfusion or a transplant in order to survive...they'd be getting one. It's easy to say that you wouldn't do it until you're actually put in that position...the survival instinct in us all won't allow us to make that kind of decision.
This would actually go against my other belief which is reincarnation. My belief is that removing organs from the body will decrease the chances of being reincarnated.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:32 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
This would actually go against my other belief which is reincarnation. My belief is that removing organs from the body will decrease the chances of being reincarnated.
Could you explain why? As I understand reincarnation the bodies are seen as just "vessels" that your soul transfers to and from. Why would the state of the individual body after death matter?

Are you thinking the physical body also somehow reincarnates in some form?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality