Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
When did I say I don't care about anyone? I would risk my life to help someone because Christ said true love means complete sacrifice. Atheists love making things up. What is the point in making a better world? There would be no difference if this world became a smoldering ball of fire today or a million years from now, according to secular thinking. Think about it. The only thing that keeps anybody going is their built in awareness of a creator. Atheists lie to themselves, its really depressing.
You really are reaching for ways to express your dislike of what is clearly beyond your mental capabilities to comprehend ain't ya. The lie here in your book of ancient ignorance, and this story book creator that is your "awareness".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,527,920 times
Quote:
I do read my Bible. You should learn proper context and word usage of that time before throwing out condescending remarks like you did . You are referring to the passage Isaiah 45:6-7
  • "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
  • I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Some people read verses such as this and claim that it means God creates sin. But their problem is in their knowledge and understanding of the word evil. They erroneously surmise that evil always means sin, but that is not the case.

The word translated evil in scripture does not "necessarily" mean evil in the same sense that we understand evil in our day. We use the word evil today as a synonym for sin or wickedness, but that is not the case in scripture. The word translated evil is the Hebrew word [ra'], meaning something that is "not good."

It is from a root word meaning to be spoiled, and by implication something that is not good. i.e., bad. It does not mean evil in the sense that we might think of the word today, but more correctly understood as bad or anything that is "not good" to us. For example, if a child receives a spanking, or we go through some adversity or anything which we deem not good for us, it is [ra'] or evil.

EVIL isn't good it doesn't matter how you sugercoat it. You can pick and choose all you want the verse stands. Why do you get the feeling that when the bible mentions about not letting a witch live it means excatly that? Double standards do not apply.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,602,221 times
You were obviously unsuccessful in comprehending my post.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You really are reaching for ways to express your dislike of what is clearly beyond your mental capabilities to comprehend ain't ya. The lie here in your book of ancient ignorance, and this story book creator that is your "awareness".
Whatever you say chief.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,512,583 times
JD, will you apologize for your libel, or will you point out where atheists have lied in this thread.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
JD, will you apologize for your libel, or will you point out where atheists have lied in this thread.
You lie every time you say there is no God according to scripture. That is my authority, it may not be yours, but that is not my problem. I already said it would be a waste of time to point out the omnifarious mistakes. Baiting me won't work. I stand by what I said.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,512,583 times
Quote:
You lie every time you say there is no God according to scripture. That is my authority, it may not be yours, but that is not my problem. I already said it would be a waste of time to point out the omnifarious mistakes. Baiting me won't work. I stand by what I said.
Ah, at least you point out what you believe the lie was. Of course, I disagree, but at least it was stated.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Ah, at least you point out what you believe the lie was. Of course, I disagree, but at least it was stated.
Cheers mate. I still love ya.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
So, you think that anyone who believes in a different god, or no god at all is a liar?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So, you think that anyone who believes in a different god, or no god at all is a liar?
We are all liars in some shape or form. Whether it be in our past or in the present. Christ is the only one that can overcome sin. In the case of others believing in false gods, I believe they are just that, false. They are accepting a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality