Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

SeekerSA pointed me to a web site Bible Inconsistencies: Bible Contradictions?

They state:
GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

The above is no contradiction at all. It is easily answered here:
Doesn't Genesis One Contradict Genesis Two?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Mental block? There were no 50 million people murdered by atheists. The churches purge of witches is but one tiny example of religious atrocities.
You give no proof. You want the details? Here: MURDER BY COMMUNISM

Well over fifty million people murdered by atheists.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 PM

I have to run now. Be back later. I do enjoy the dialogue with you fine folks. Really, I do.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:24 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You give no proof. You want the details? Here: MURDER BY COMMUNISM

Well over fifty million people murdered by atheists.
Murder by communists, not atheists. The fact they were also atheist is irrelevant - the philosophy/ideals that lead these communist dictatorship to commit these atrocities are not a facet of atheism. It was the fact that they were communists that lead them to commit communist atrocities.

Unless you honestly believe that every atheist holds the same beliefs as every communist, then there really isn't an argument here to be made. And even then, that'd be a silly argument, as atheism is not the same thing as communism.

A refresher: all atheism states is that there is no god. The communist atrocities were committed on behalf of a government which espoused beliefs in an uprising of the people. All that extra stuff is just that - extra stuff that has nothing to do with atheism.

You are right - these communist regimes did some heinous things. But it was from dictatorships/communism, not atheism.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times
Basically, as much as Eusebius and Kansas would like to imagine, being atheist doesn't automatically turn one into a ravenous, baby-eating rapist. Atheists still have belief systems that are on top of atheist beliefs.

Perhaps some atheists are and have been communist. The beef, then, is with the communist atheists, and not the rest of us, who don't subscribe to the communist beliefs that led to the atrocities mentioned above.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,626 times
Hitler, a "good Christian", had no problem killing many Germans he deemed "undesirable" such as Jews, gays, Gypsies living in Germany, the handicapped, political enemies, etc, etc.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM

428 posts, read 487,375 times
Quote:
You do know that there were literate scribes back then who could write what the prophets spoke. You do know that, right?
And how do you know the prophets spoke for God?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Quote:
No, I wouldn't lock up someone in a furnace then torch them if they didn't follow and worship me. Where do you read that in the Bible that God would do that to anyone who didn't follow Him and worship Him?

P.S. you have to find a specific verse which says "I will cast into a furnace and torch anyone who does not follow and worship Me" or something close to that.

Thank you.
The god of the bible would send someone to burn for eternity because they didn't worship him. Dedicating my life to someone who makes Hitler look like Ghandi would be lunacy. The furnace example is an analogy to the christian belief that god will send someone to burn for all eternity because they didn't worship and praise him.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well....thanks, but I'll pass on your wooden god's love and concern. In His Grande plan, He's killed far too many people, and He doesn't even exist! Just people killed in His name. Decade after century after millenium. Death and despair, all in His name. Wonderful.
STOP QUOTING WITHIN A QUOTE!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 02:30 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
No, I wouldn't lock up someone in a furnace then torch them if they didn't follow and worship me. Where do you read that in the Bible that God would do that to anyone who didn't follow Him and worship Him?

P.S. you have to find a specific verse which says "I will cast into a furnace and torch anyone who does not follow and worship Me" or something close to that.

Thank you.
Is Revelation 21:8 close enough.....

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Clearly, "the unbelieving" are people who are not going to be worshipping or following your god and clearly, the Bible says that such people are going to find themselves in "the fiery lake of burning sulfur".

Last edited by Rafius; 02-16-2012 at 02:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality