Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times

Advertisements

Ever so often we get a drive-by warning of the inevitable Mark of the Beast.
16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
A little background before I refute this logically and mathematically.

With the advent of the VISA credit card, the woos predicted this was an omen of the end of daze

VI was to represent the first 6 in Roman numerals, S to represent the second 6 (Six) and A (still baffles me how they determined this) represents the last 6 in that six is the number of man and somehow each letter of the ENGLISH alphabet has an ascending numeric value of 6 viz A=6, B=12. So they (the 'murikans) buy into this as only English is the language of the world (odd this formula fails in any other alphabet)

NOTHING HAPPENED.

Then as computers were becoming useful in industry, a UPC barcode was designed to mark produce bought in stores. Someone notices three sets of lines that just happen to be similar to the lines representing a 6, woe of woes, repent, buy food, guns, ammo, head for the hills.

Well actually, the UPC code is in two parts. The 1st set of extended lines switches/triggers the scanner, which is the product from the database, the second set is another switch that then reads the price, the last line switch off the scan. These are no more than delimiters one finds in a database such as commas, tabs, and CRLF

IOW you have On - Baked Beans - Next column - $2.35 - Off

NO ONE WAS tattooed with a barcode and NOTHING HAPPENED. Oh BTW, the barcodes they use on your luggage at airports are totally different as are many other barcode standards. Soon this will be replaced by RFID strips, but the cost of implementation is huge and so far, it works so why change it now?

In the mid 80's a device came out called the RFID chip.

Maybe someone mentioned this would be good to track stuff like pets and someone saw an evil plot that this would be THE MoB and ALL humans would be forced to get this. It still is not permanent and can be removed w/o risk to the person or pet. It is too big to enter your bloodstream w/o killing you.

The fear factor was that there would be

6 digits recording your DOB
6 digits recording your geographic location to within 10m x 10m (30' x 30')
6 digits (in case you had a twin)

Wow talk about a global conspiracy. Now I am not sure what the coding would be on this chip but I guess it would match the designers compatibility with various computer systems and databases.

This technology has in fact developed since then and is now very much smaller.

We need to pause here. (1980's technology mind you, we are now in 2012 so that is already 30 years old) Nevermind we now have working biometric systems scanning finger prints, palm prints and retina/iris eye scans. The woos cannot update their doom 'n gloom to this updated technology as these "marks" are of course "god given" marks.

The concept of the MoB is that NO ONE, free or slave may BUY or SELL (trade) if they do not have one of these MoB's. This leads us to the term EFTPOS (Electronic Fund Transfer at Point Of Sale) Oooh.... EFTPOS, sounds scary.

Hellooooo

You have a debit card and offer it at the till and your account is debited. Horrors, that is EFTPOS and you do it everywhere if you use a debit or credit or gasoline/petrol card. Quick take a pair of scissors and destroy them all.

Now the original woo was that through this MoB and EFTPOS you could be tracked by "Big Brother" Well hellooooooo. Ever see a bank statement and now you get a SMS from your bank informing you that your card has just been used. Speaking of which, throw away your cell phone as via triangulation, you whereabouts can be tracked to within 10 sq meters (nowhere to run whaaaa )

Now the obvious question comes to mind, why the paranoia of being "tracked" unless all rapturees are criminally inclined I am sure you like the tracking when you lose your credit card and they can find the perp and likewise with your cellphone which can be tracked even if the SIM card is swapped called an IMIE code unique to the cell phone. Wow the evil protagonists of the antichrist.

Soooo if you are already using devices as explained above, well suckers, you bee tracked long time now, quick, run, hide.

The cost of the woo fears

Remember every single person on the planet ±7Bn folk must ALL receive this mark. Furthermore, according to the alleged tribulation timetable of 7 years which is again broken into three theological versions,

Pre Tribulation
Mid Tribulation
Post Tribulation

MUST at least happen in 3-1/2 to 7 years WORLDWIDE.

Now if you are an American that has never left America or possibly your own state this may seem plausible to you. Well welcome to the real world...

African Village (more examples)

Indian Village (more examples)

Chinese Village (more examples)

These are three areas of word population that make up (approx) 1Bn Africa, 1.2 Bn India, and 1.7Bn China that is 3.9Bn folk making up more than half the global population at 55%. America is ONLY 5% at ±300M folk.

Many of these folk live in remote areas and most do not even have cell phones as there is no infrastructure. Trade in many of these rural areas is done via barter IOW exchange of goods, not everyone even uses money and money has been around for jonks (SA expression for long time).

To get the MoB globally enforced, you will first have to cover all these areas with at least cell phone towers tied into the "network" via microwave. Oops we first need to get electricity to all these folk first. I suppose we can use solar panels and batteries but then we have to actually purchase them and maintain them. Oops education is needed. Then we have to barcode everything or how else are we going to trade stuff like fish, rice, corn, etc.

Many African countries do not even have computerised births and deaths records so gathering up these folk to "take the mark" is going to be a challenge.

As alleged in Revelation, folk will have their heads chopped off for refusing the "mark". Now how big is your army going to have to be to institute this on 7Bn folk in self autonomous countries? Who pays for these soldiers wages? What is the cost of the logistics, you know stuff like helicopters, humvees, diesel fuel and and and.....

The only country that has a military greater than anyone else is the USA and to bring the entire planet under a dreaded one world government led by the lizard people, illuminati, free masons et al, you would need to mobilise every single American (and then some) to remotely make this taking of the mark possible in said time frame. No other nation is infatuated by this nonsense except America and a few deluded folk around the world affiliated to the 'murican evangelists.

Last time I looked, the US is the BIGGEST debtor nation in the world. Who will finance you? Answer NO ONE. You are barely making the interest payments for your current debts.

All your doomsday prophesies are mere tools of keeping you folk in bondage to your religion so that the collection plate remains full.

Your Jesus is never coming back so stop wasting your time looking for signs of the Antichrist™, he/it too does not exist. All predictions have failed.
A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign....
If you evangelicals ever bothered to research the origins of your dispensationalism, you will find it was a Jesuit priest posing as a reformed Rabbi that invented it to take the focus away from the pope. Your clergy are uneducated in scriptures and either wilfully or ignorantly lie to you.

So your antiquated RFID chip is still in use marking livestock and pets, TMK, no humans have been tagged apart from perhaps folk in mental institutions. The same technology is used in clothing stores to prevent shoplifting, the revised technology is now a strip and is included in wrappings on blocks of cheese for the same reason and the dreaded UPC is still gonna be around for awhile to come.

Finger print scanners

Palm print scanners

Eye scanners

With all the advents of various electronic banking methods, you always had a PIN (personal identity number) This will remain with the scanners above. Speaking of which, banks now issue a OTP (One Time Pin) via your cell phone for new transactions when you use the internet banking. Most of it is designed not to track you but to prevent crime and protect your cash.

RFID in cash is a myth too BTW, I had heard rumours but is has not been implemented.

We are moving into a cashless society in the modern western world, but in many parts of the world, cash is still needed so that will be around for awhile yet. Those dang poor folk subverting our "atheist plans" of world dominion

Last edited by SeekerSA; 01-26-2012 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: pic links
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 04:14 AM

61 posts, read 87,589 times
I guess it wasn't all just in my head ^^

Old 01-26-2012, 04:36 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Stunning post, Seeker.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Hmm...imagine if there's actually no Beast. This results in there being no Mark. I suspect that would go a long way to allaying fears. Someone else's, I mean, since I didn't have any in the first place.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Hmm...imagine if there's actually no Beast. This results in there being no Mark. I suspect that would go a long way to allaying fears. Someone else's, I mean, since I didn't have any in the first place.
There is no beast nor mark of the beast. Moderator cut: edit

It is odd that the book of revelation has had soo many different interpretations through the ages. No one really understands it and most orthodox churches simply avoid it for this reason. Of course the latest (30 years or so) evangelical take on it is the truth™ yet even among their ranks, there is no single unified interpretation/explanation. Some of the texts are to be taken literally and some allegorically and yet again there is no clear ruling as to how this is done.

At my age, I have heard these warnings since my mid 20's so if in fact an anti christ did manifest as alleged by the evangelicals, I and others pretty much know what his devious plans could be and being rational thinkers, atheists are not suddenly going to bow down to any man claiming deification and/or performing miracles. I suspect all will call meadow muffins and we would render any alleged miracles to illusions like the famous David Copperfield that makes statues and buildings disappear. Hell we even have YouTube footage of a dude walking on water in a swimming pool and no one was really impressed other than acknowledging it was a cool illusion/trick.

The scriptures suggest this a/c fella will deceive even the very elect aka believers which sadly infers we rational thinkers will be the most gullible. (maybe this was written with the USA in mind )

Hopefully these post topics help others to simply take a step back and logically think stuff through instead of blind acceptance. Couple this with all the recent failed predictions of the Harold Campings, Hal Lindseys, Jack van Impes etc. of this world, folk should be getting wise to the boy who cried wolf. Sometimes even a fable can make people think.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-27-2012 at 08:37 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 11:36 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
I agree, there in no "Beast" Moderator cut: Orphaned reference

Ultimately, I would hope that we could move into the 21st century and have people take personal responibility for their actions and quit blaming the "Devil" for everything wrong.....

Last edited by june 7th; 01-27-2012 at 08:38 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
It is odd that the book of revelation has had soo many different interpretations through the ages.
Actually, it's not so odd, at all. Revelation was written as apocalyptic literature. It was never intended for anyone to curl up with it like a good mystery novel. From the day it was created, that book has been open to every kind of interpretation imaginable. And so it's not surprising that people claim to read an astonishing variety of prophecies and warnings in its pages.

(It occurs to me that if you devised a computer program to generate words and phrases randomly, you could come up with something very similar to Revelation).

Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,368,558 times
Seeker, isn't the bigger issue that he concept of the mark of the beast didn't come from a reputable book? If the concept is in a book that is accepted as reputable, then we can talk. But if the source material is rubbish to begin with, seems like a really long and brilliant post to refute a bunch of nothing. No?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Seeker, isn't the bigger issue that he concept of the mark of the beast didn't come from a reputable book? If the concept is in a book that is accepted as reputable, then we can talk. But if the source material is rubbish to begin with, seems like a really long and brilliant post to refute a bunch of nothing. No?
This all links back to Daniel, Ezekiel and some Psalms (mental gymnastics) and just scroll down to similar threads. There are millions of US folk that believe this as truth plus the drive by warnings.

Yes it is a long refutation of nothing, that is the whole purpose

This is known as eschatology, the study of end times. For the xians the messiah returns again, for Jews it is the first time and as I discussed with you already, your version plays right into their concept of the antichrist. The alleged claim, "I have come in my father's name and you rejected me (to the Jews) another will come in his own name (the correct bloodline and all) and him you shall accept."

So you folks are screwed either way.

One of the signs is the rebuilding of the temple which bears no significance to the xian other than a sign of the return and they would hasten this event to the destruction of Israel itself if they could fulfil this in any human way possible.

It is a very complex topic and I have much knowledge of the whole theology, the variances, the rhetoric. This MoB is key as everyone is supposed to get it and the "elect" get raptured away to escape the remote possibility of being forced to take this mark. Taking the mark is automatic condemnation to hell plus those that would dare to worship this antichrist (IOW your true messiah). Refusal to take the mark or worship the beast, results in a beheading IOW you pay with your own blood for salvation.

For any of this to make sense, you need those mushrooms from Patmos.

Personally I do not think either messiah will make an appearance. Perhaps I will do a dissertation of the book and share the common mantras espoused but it is difficult. last time I tried I gave up.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
Well I'm no novice to the A/C scene but I am highly impressed with the OP.....fantastic and so much common sense that it's just staggering. Thanks Seeker, well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality