Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
For the same reason heterosexuals want to get married...Nobody, gay or not has to get married because they want to have sex...Again what is it that makes you think it is only about sex? It's not.
You are correct, nobody has to get married because they want to have sex, but then nobody has to have sex because they want to get married. Hey, if you're happy in a relationship, and you want to notarize it in order for the world to be aware of your choice, to agree with your choice, to confirm you in your choice, who am i to stand in your way? It's your way!!!
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord...peas and hominy.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
You are correct, nobody has to get married because they want to have sex, but then nobody has to have sex because they want to get married. Hey, if you're happy in a relationship, and you want to notarize it in order for the world to be aware of your choice, to agree with your choice, to confirm you in your choice, who am i to stand in your way? It's your way!!!
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord...peas and hominy.
Thank you, I don't need your ok, but some gay folks may appreciate that sentiment.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 AM

22 posts, read 21,951 times
Quote:
Your analogies are comparing apples to chain saws, and you are missing the fact (probably intentionally) that in a same sex marriage there is no victim. Once again I ask you, what makes you think that gays are more selfish that you, or anyone else...Since you have not answered any of my previous questions I will not expect an answer...I'm just posing it to illustrate to other readers just what we are dealing with here.
The OP wanted a reason other than religious to show why "Gay" marriage is wrong. God says homosexuality (along with murder, rape, etc.) is wrong. The atheist or agnostic will sometimes say in response "which God?" If you kick God out of the picture, an authority vacuum exists and something must take God's place. That something is man. In this case, the question then becomes "which man" has the authority to dictate right from wrong. The answer to it is, every man determines for himself what is right from wrong...which in turn means there is no right from wrong. Truth becomes relative, much like you trying to assert homosexuality it okay and imply rape is not. All I'm doing is taking the principle the radical homosexuals argue from and make a consistent application of it. Like I've said before, the concept is very simple -- and very evil -- when you think it through to its logical conclusions.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisishere View Post
The problem is I do "get it". I see it for what it is, and I utterly reject it because it is inherently evil.

I haven't had one person who sincerely advocates this junk be able to logically refute the parallels in the previous posts. The only thing they're concerned about is winning the "gay" marriage debates, regardless of the logical end of the conclusions being asserted. Which brings us right back to the root of the problem -- selfishness.

I don't see anything that I've posted as "troll" material. If you feel I'm a troll, as you assert, feel free to ignore or report me to the appropriate authorities. I won't get offended...I promise.
So you think gays and lesbians are 'inherently evil'?

Why? How?

Your so-called 'parallels' have been refuted easily because they are inherently illogical as well as utterly bigoted.

Anyone who thinks rape is a 'relationship' like you apparently do, is a danger to society.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:40 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
You guys are arguing with a sock puppet of Kansas

Old 03-03-2012, 02:41 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,262 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Thank you, I don't need your ok, but some gay folks may appreciate that sentiment.
...ahem...i wasn't giving you an fella...i wasn't ratifying any treaty you've made with satan...and i wasn't confirming you or any one in their unrighteous choice to reprobate G-d's creation. You can take it for what it's worth, or you can take it for what it's worth to you...but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord...The peace that only Christ can give bring you to the end of yourself.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So you think gays and lesbians are 'inherently evil'?
Man doesn't determine right from wrong. God does. But I'm arguing from the premise of the radical homosexuals, which means morality is a myth. It's all about what they want, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Which brings us right back to selfishness.

Like I said before, it's not a difficult concept to understand.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisishere View Post
The OP wanted a reason other than religious to show why "Gay" marriage is wrong. God says homosexuality (along with murder, rape, etc.) is wrong. The atheist or agnostic will sometimes say in response "which God?" If you kick God out of the picture, an authority vacuum exists and something must take God's place. That something is man. In this case, the question then becomes "which man" has the authority to dictate right from wrong. The answer to it is, every man determines for himself what is right from wrong...which in turn means there is no right from wrong. Truth becomes relative, much like you trying to assert homosexuality it okay and imply rape is not. All I'm doing is taking the principle the radical homosexuals argue from and make a consistent application of it. Like I've said before, the concept is very simple -- and very evil -- when you think it through to its logical conclusions.
Are you really under the impression that god is any kind of authority in America? It is not. Moral authority in most developed countries come from society. There is no reason other than religious bigotry why gays shouldn't be accepted everywhere...You certainly have failed to give a reason that makes any sense at all.

There is no vacuum, as morals, right or wrong are not dictated by religion. If they were we would be a society like Iran where they execute people simply because they are gay, stone adulterers, and cut limbs off of thieves...Perhaps that sort of society would suit you better... People like you enjoy the freedom your country has to offer, but would not hesitate to remove freedom from others just because you dislike how they have sex..

By the way there is nothing remotely logical about your assertions...Just the opposite in fact.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
...ahem...i wasn't giving you an fella...i wasn't ratifying any treaty you've made with satan...and i wasn't confirming you or any one in their unrighteous choice to reprobate G-d's creation. You can take it for what it's worth, or you can take it for what it's worth to you...but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord...The peace that only Christ can give bring you to the end of yourself.
Oh, I guess I misunderstood and thought that you had developed a modicum of empathy...I should have known better.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
There is no vacuum, as morals, right or wrong are not dictated by religion....By the way there is nothing remotely logical about your assertions...Just the opposite in fact.

Okay; so morals are determined by man, correct? Which in turn means every man decides what is right or wrong for himself -- right? So according to the principle that is seemingly being put forth, there's should be nothing inherently wrong with being a homosexual, or a bigot, or a pedophile, or a rapist, or a murderer -- if the person decides said behavior is the right thing to do.

Feel free to specifically point out anything illogical about the above illustration, because I sure don't see anything illogical about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.