Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 11:48 AM

33,562 posts, read 37,160,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not really.

A tree does not grow for millions of years through each layer of sediment (each layer, according to the wrong idea took millions of years to be made). The trees which have been discovered around the world were standing when all the layers of sediment by the world-wide flood of Noah settled around those trees.

Sorry but I just had to show this. Hopefully you and friends can learn from your mistake. I don't blame you. That these layers took millions of years each is what you were brainwashed with since early childhood.
You are right, trees do not grow for millions of years through sediment. First they become fossilized, then the sediment settles around them for millions of years.

Do you understand the process of fossilization? The process of fossilization involves the dissolving and replacement of the original materials in the object (tree) with minerals. This process results in a heavy, rock-like copy of the original object.

You really should try and learn at least a bit about how things work in the real world, that way you avoid looking foolish.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Folks: Either knock off the rudeness or this one's going to end up in the deep, dark archives of city-data somewhere. In other words: debate, discuss, but try and be reasonably nice!

Thanks.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Quote:
Not really.

A tree does not grow for millions of years through each layer of sediment (each layer, according to the wrong idea took millions of years to be made). The trees which have been discovered around the world were standing when all the layers of sediment by the world-wide flood of Noah settled around those trees.

Sorry but I just had to show this. Hopefully you and friends can learn from your mistake. I don't blame you. That these layers took millions of years each is what you were brainwashed with since early childhood.
Please take a brief moment and define and discuss varves with me. I'd love to get your brief, well-educated technical "take" on the literal multi-millions of them, with all of the deeper level varves showing now long-extinct pollens, leaves, micro-organisms and meteoric/volcanic/decayed radio-nucleotide and ash residues (some of which have a known half-life of several tens, if not millions, of thousands of years, but are magically now all depleted....). Hmmm. Food for thought, huh?

Then perhaps briefly explain to me how they have found, unmistakably, multi-millions, 12M+ as I recall of these definitive annual sediment layers in the bottom of Lake Baikal in Russia, as well as in Colorado and elsewhere.

And then explain to me, how, in the course of my very secular research work for a mining company, for reasons of the safety of the workers there, my staff core-sampled into the stream outflow sediments layers into a lake, and found that these varves clearly and exactly coincided ("proofed"as we call it...) with known stream hydrological events (dutifully recorded by the local water management workers and old-time prospectors for the past 50+ or so years).

So we quite reasonably assumed and concluded that they also represented the additional hundreds of years that were evident in the subsequent core samples we pulled?

Howzhat work again, with a global flood seemingly being responsible for literally every single sediment layer, all happening at once, oddly, but including younger and younger organisms [i.e.: as we progress upwards, towards the latest last-year's sedimentary runoff layers] captured therein, but which have been long extinct for millions of years??

I await your technical explanation and total scientific dismissal of what we found and concluded. Please.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 PM

526 posts, read 692,551 times
Ladies and Gentlemen,
most myths do have a kernel of truth but if you expect the myth to be true in all its details, then you have the problem and not the myth.

The flood waters are still rising but we think of ourselves as more clever and more intelligent than our forefathers, we do not believe their words and thus we ignore our own reality.

Nic Flemming, Senior Scientist at the Southampton Oceanography Centre, wrote the following:

All scientists and archaeologists who have studied this problem (the flood myth worldwide) have concluded that the Flood Myth does refer to the cumulative memory of the post-glacial sea level rise.

His article, which you can find in Graham Hanckok’s website,: http://www.grahamhancock.com/archive...world2.php?p=4 is very interesting and informative. You are not entitled to an opinion as regards the flood myth if you choose to ignore it.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,568 times
Quote:
I really do believe there was a world-wide flood.

Noah was sent to his people: the people of Nineveh (near Mosil city in Iraq.)
In that region, his city might be near Nineveh; now there is a small city called Ain Siphney, which means the "water fountain and the ship."

So like the rest of apostles of God: when their people deny and insist on the disbelief --> then God Almighty will destroy them in many ways: like the hurricanes, the earthquake, the plagues or epidemics ..etc.

Therefore, when his people denied Noah and refused to accept his mission of the exclusive devotion to God alone and to abandon their idols --> then God destroyed them by the deluge or flood which involved their region: Mesopotamia ( or Iraq).

So the flood of Noah was restricted to Iraq, not to the entire world.
There are many indictions in the Quran which confirm this notion: that the deluge or flood of Noah was restricted to Iraq (or Mesopotamia as was it called in the ancient times: i.e. the land between the two rivers: Tigris and Euphrates.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

So the flood of Noah was restricted to Iraq, not to the entire world.
So why didn't the people of Iraq just walk up to the highest mountains in Iraq or make their way over to Syria or Iran?

Old 03-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So why didn't the people of Iraq just walk up to the highest mountains in Iraq or make their way over to Syria or Iran?
The flood was extra-ordinary: profuse rain pouring down, fountains sprung from the ground: this tremendous amounts of water came simultaneously and all the area was covered by large amounts of water that covered the mountains in the area: it was decreed that people should be drowned and Noah and the believers with him were saved in the ark.

Till now the effects of water waves are impressed on the hills and moutains in the region of Ain Siphney city in the north of Iraq.

The people of Noah had no time to escape: even his grandson Canaan was drowned; he was deceived by the disbelievers: he loved one of their girls and they promised to give him that girl in marriage, in case he did not go with Noah in the ark.

Moreover, there has been found many layers of mud precipations covering many cities in the plane of Mesopotamia.

An English excavator found a layer of mud precipitation covering some ancient cities; then he dug more to find under that city another mud layer covering other still more ancient cities.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:25 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Please take a brief moment and define and discuss varves with me. I'd love to get your brief, well-educated technical "take" on the literal multi-millions of them, with all of the deeper level varves showing now long-extinct pollens, leaves, micro-organisms and meteoric/volcanic/decayed radio-nucleotide and ash residues (some of which have a known half-life of several tens, if not millions, of thousands of years, but are magically now all depleted....). Hmmm. Food for thought, huh?

Then perhaps briefly explain to me how they have found, unmistakably, multi-millions, 12M+ as I recall of these definitive annual sediment layers in the bottom of Lake Baikal in Russia, as well as in Colorado and elsewhere.

And then explain to me, how, in the course of my very secular research work for a mining company, for reasons of the safety of the workers there, my staff core-sampled into the stream outflow sediments layers into a lake, and found that these varves clearly and exactly coincided ("proofed"as we call it...) with known stream hydrological events (dutifully recorded by the local water management workers and old-time prospectors for the past 50+ or so years).

So we quite reasonably assumed and concluded that they also represented the additional hundreds of years that were evident in the subsequent core samples we pulled?

Howzhat work again, with a global flood seemingly being responsible for literally every single sediment layer, all happening at once, oddly, but including younger and younger organisms [i.e.: as we progress upwards, towards the latest last-year's sedimentary runoff layers] captured therein, but which have been long extinct for millions of years??

I await your technical explanation and total scientific dismissal of what we found and concluded. Please.
You are writing about pre-flood anomalies. I am concerned with post- flood anomalies.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Moreover, Noah was mentioned in the Gilgamish epic: his name was Otonabishtim with his story of the flood or deluge.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Good point rafius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.