Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:35 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

I think it is interesting that not once do any of the writers of the Old Testament or New Testament consider Noah or the flood to be a cute story not based on fact. I'll just quote the New Testament since it would be too many verses if the OT were quoted:

Mat_24:37 For even as the days of Noah, thus shall be the presence of the Son of Mankind."

Mat_24:38 For as they were in those days before the deluge, masticating and drinking and marrying and taking in marriage until the day on which Noah entered into the ark,

Luk_3:36 of Cainan, of Arphaxad, of Shem, of Noah, of Lamech,

Luk_17:26 And according as it occurred in the days of Noah, thus will it be in the days of the Son of Mankind also."

Luk_17:27 They ate, they drank, they married, they took out in marriage, until the day on which Noah entered into the ark, and the deluge came and destroys them all."

Heb_11:7 By faith Noah, being apprized concerning that which is not as yet being observed, being pious, constructs an ark for the salvation of his house, through which he condemns the world, and became an enjoyer of the allotment of the righteousness which accords with faith."

1Pe_3:20 He heralds to those once stubborn, when the patience of God awaited in the days of Noah while the ark was being constructed, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were brought safely through water,

2Pe_2:5 and spares not the ancient world, but guards Noah, an eighth, a herald of righteousness, bringing a deluge on the world of the irreverent;"

Here is an interesting article on the Grand Canyon proving a world-wide flood:

Evidence For Noah's Flood Presented

For the record I really do believe there was a world-wide flood.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Did a World-Wide Flood in Noah's day Happen?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Don't be silly fella!! You do make me laugh bro.

Quote:
Well could you explain how the Egyptians, Chinese and a few other civilisations managed to survive it?

Last edited by Rafius; 03-06-2012 at 03:00 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM

254 posts, read 202,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How excatally did the Native Americans surive the global flood? It's amazing that grown adults believe in this cute fairy tale as literal fact in the 21st century.

Last edited by Atheist Liberal; 03-06-2012 at 03:05 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM

130 posts, read 153,042 times
I also agree the flood happened as well. The only fairy tale about the flood is the one we make up in our minds. (We've seen all the Noah baby story books. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but unfortunately that is the only picture we have concerning the flood. For a true picture of the flood, it will require some research)

Old 03-06-2012, 03:37 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
A flood that god created to murder every single human on the plant, except for the handful on the big boat, yet supporters use the proof of many cultures documenting the flood as part of their history as proof.

Exactly how did all these people that drowned in the flood, write it all down?

Were the blogging, "oh heck, it's up to my neck"

Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
I watched most of "Waterworld", so I know a global flood is a possibility.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
That's a very one sided website. All it really offers is a biblical version of "the flood" and no scientific evidence to back it up.
Throwing around a few big words and some quasi-scientific phrases isn't evidence.

The pyramids stood, long before "the flood" and they still stand today. Funny thing is, there is NO evidence of their ever having been submerged. Also, the Egyptians were fanatical and prolific record keepers. You would think that if a flood of that magnitude had happened there would have at least been a mention of it. No, not a word.

Finally, we simply do not have enough water on the planet to have flooded the land as was claimed in the Bible.

Sorry, but as with so many other biblical claims, there is simply no proof.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lantern View Post
I also agree the flood happened as well. The only fairy tale about the flood is the one we make up in our minds. (We've seen all the Noah baby story books. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but unfortunately that is the only picture we have concerning the flood. For a true picture of the flood, it will require some research)
That would take a miracle. They didn't have camera's.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A flood that god created to murder every single human on the plant, except for the handful on the big boat, yet supporters use the proof of many cultures documenting the flood as part of their history as proof.

Exactly how did all these people that drowned in the flood, write it all down?

Were the blogging, "oh heck, it's up to my neck"

The people that died didn't write anything. It was Noah's descendants that would write these flood traditions. Yet because of the incident at the Tower of Babel, they forgot the complete story, and thus this is why we have so many traditions.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

The pyramids stood, long before "the flood" and they still stand today. Funny thing is, there is NO evidence of their ever having been submerged. Also, the Egyptians were fanatical and prolific record keepers. You would think that if a flood of that magnitude had happened there would have at least been a mention of it. No, not a word.

The pyramids stood before the flood? Or are we getting this information from dating methods?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.