Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think there is too much religious talk in politics?
There is too much religious talk in politics 46 95.83%
There is not enough religious talk in politics 2 4.17%
There is just the right amount of religious talk in politics 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 04:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

This is one reason why I have nothing to do with politics. It's no place for religion NONE! I'm so tried of hearing how this person is that person believes in God, and God wants them to run for office, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Abortion- the law was changed to allow abortions.
It was also changed to allow alcohol consumption.

Quote:
Gay marriage- those in favor of gay marriage are the ones wanting to change the law, not the other way around.
As were those who wanted to end slavery, end segregation, give women the right to vote and legalize interracial marriage

Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
No the law was overturned by the courts to allow them. The only laws being passed are the one's on the right trying to restrict it. And those gay marriage advocates are working to change laws already passed with a religious nature.
Actually, laws were passed by legislatures allowing for same-sex marriage in several states:
Vermont
New Hampshire
Maine (subsequently overturned by referendum)
New York
Washington (not yet in effect -- faces a probable referendum)
Maryland (not yet in effect -- faces a probable referendum)

This isn't counting places like Massachusetts and Connecticut where the legislatures only passed such laws after being ordered to do so by a courts.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:56 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
A person who runs for president should not act like he's running for Pope.

That's when you know a line has been crossed.
You didn't answer the question.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
American politicians use religion because they know that most Americans are a bunch of ignorant, gullible chumps. Also, by using religion the politicians suggest that they are moral and chosen by god to lead.
A long time ago someone said that religion is useless, except to manipulate the masses.
European politicians keep religion out of their discussions.
Those "ignorant, gullible chumps" built the greatest country in history. We've done more in 200 years than anyone in history.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Those "ignorant, gullible chumps" built the greatest country in history. We've done more in 200 years than anyone in history.
Greatest country in the world? I would say that is debatable, because I believe mine is the greatest, and I'm sure many people in many countries will make the same claim...

Old 03-23-2012, 12:04 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Abortion- the law was changed to allow abortions.

Gay marriage- those in favor of gay marriage are the ones wanting to change the law, not the other way around.
False, NC and MN will have initiatives on the ballot this May to amend the state constitutions to include the bigotry of christian ignorance which today does not exist in these documents.

And what better time when, but during the republican primaries when the greatest number of ignorant bigots will be voting anyway.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:08 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
And in a few decades the ignorant bible thumping bigots have destroyed it. The fact that McCain and that total idiot from Wasilla got more than 50 votes total shows the gullible chumps are hard at it putting their ignorance to work.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:42 AM

3 posts, read 2,256 times
Thumbs up i voted their isnt enough

I voted simply what does Religion meen??It's One's beleif and that's to pratice as they want and usually what we grew up in.We all over in America for reason and our religion views shouldn't affect others ,unless you let them..No one is ever going to Change my mind and I'm notwanting others beleifs shoved down my throat and I don't want to do it to you. As a Christian I know Atheist want good morals.So I think we all should ask ourselves what we really offends us???If we are strong in our own beleifs then we have nothing to worry about,and unless we do but that has nothing to with my veiws on Politics.I'm 30 and all my adult life in Politics has been crazy so much division in our Country what happened to we are United.We need to stop looking at Religion as division and start embracing the qualitys we like,I don't have think like in order to like you,I usually go by honesty and how a person carrys themselves as a person that wishes for good or evil and what they work hard at to make America a better place then complaining and doing nothing.Those are more the real problems.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:48 AM

3 posts, read 2,256 times
Wow I'm a Bible Thumper I guess you could say and that's a bit Harsh for not even knowing all of us .That statement is harsh and is no more better then you saying All our problems happened because of a black Person as president,this is truly insulting,how I voted is exactly why I feel the way I do you judged People by Religion and not their own Morals,Obama is no less of a human being as I am for being a Bible Thumper.Why can't you take the blind folds off.We all live in One Country but yet so divided because we can't stand what Santorum beleives ,we should be more concerned of all the cuts "itt has already been associated with that hurt Americans and not by Santorum being a radical,Every President and founder had a religion and its time we study what the word meens......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality