Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NON44NON View Post
Why so Many Religions?

This Question may come to our minds

If there is only one God, then why are there so many religions?

All religions originated with Allah and then people began to add or take away from the teachings so as to take control over each other

God Allah - Why So Many Religions?
PEOPLE create religions. God has nothing to do with it. It all has to do with deception and gaining control of others. So the persons in control of the religion can fain speaking for God..and threaten others into submission ---once this is done..The controllers of religion can live like gods on earth and have slaves..

Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by june 7th; 04-19-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 10:50 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
it's like baskin robbins...so many flavors, can't pick just one!

Old 04-07-2012, 03:03 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God is Love and Love is not religion. Religion is a creation of man, therefore, not necessary. When we live one another, we are doing God's will. See, no religion is involved.
Amen!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:17 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NON44NON View Post
[b]If there is only one God, then why are there so many religions?
Because there are so many people, and each has their own path to God. God isn't in the religion, God is what we connect to when we embark on the path.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:14 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I am reading these great posts and many of the threads here. part of the issue would be that we cannot agree on a concept or definition of "god" ir "gods" because each person must make that interpretation for himself, then yes various interpretations and later religions may occur.
But Poll the forum, put about 15 different definitions and or concepts of god and ask everyone which they believe to be closest to their beliefs, and I will wager an Ikea dark chocolate bar that each one gets at least one vote. Because we have no common definition of what "god" is but we sure have many many people who will say, in the most unenlightened tradition, "My definition should apply to everyone else" oh wait...that IS religions !!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 AM

20 posts, read 26,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Only because some uneducated priest told you that. People don't need religion to get along with one another and respect one another, religion doesn't do that. The only thing religion does is cause division among the people, it makes people hate one another, not care, or respect one another. Religion is the biggest divider of men.
Religion is not needed for them who are not believe that they are nothing but like another animals originated from monkey (their ex-father). But religion is needed for them who thinks themselves to be the best of all creations of the creator.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 AM

40 posts, read 36,700 times
Since there is no god it's kind of like a field day picking and choosing whatever you want to see in a god. Then you start a religion based on those beliefs.
First there needs to be a god to unify beliefs and since there is none they are out of luck. Different religious groups have something to fight about and kill each other over. hehehe

Old 04-14-2012, 04:46 PM

238 posts, read 270,616 times
Scripture reveals the disasterous situation …
sin ==> spiritual death ==> separation from God ==> spiritual blindness/deafness.

This means that all humans are born "spiritual idiots".

In the OT, God was so upset with His chosen people that He said ...
He would NOT heal them of their spiritual idiocy, but disperse them all over the world (until later).

Does anyone believe these Israelites were spiritually blind and deaf, but other peoples were not?

Since I enjoy smorgasborgs, buffets, etc. I can understand how easy it is to choose something of one's liking.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM

40 posts, read 36,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
Scripture reveals the disasterous situation …
sin ==> spiritual death ==> separation from God ==> spiritual blindness/deafness.

This means that all humans are born "spiritual idiots".

In the OT, God was so upset with His chosen people that He said ...
He would NOT heal them of their spiritual idiocy, but disperse them all over the world (until later).

Does anyone believe these Israelites were spiritually blind and deaf, but other peoples were not?

Since I enjoy smorgasborgs, buffets, etc. I can understand how easy it is to choose something of one's liking.
Scripture reveals that someone wrote a good book that has millions bowing to nonsense. It reveals the idiocy of those that follow blindly.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 PM

238 posts, read 270,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
Scripture reveals that someone wrote a good book that has millions bowing to nonsense.
It reveals the idiocy of those that follow blindly.
I am sincerely sorry, but you are just flat-out wrong. It is not blind faith at all.

I have had many many spiritual experiences, and not one has ever stood against what the Bible says,
i.e. they all line up (agree) with the Bible.

Then there is the Holy Spirit who is inside born-again Christians.
The Bible says He is there to lead them and guide them into "all truth", and that's what He does.
So, God Himself confirms to the Christian that he/she should believe the Bible.

So, personally, I have a double confirmation of the Bible being true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality