Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So Mickiel, do you believe in creationism or evolution? Could horses have evolved from primordial fish?

Did God create different kinds of animals separately? Or did all animals have a common biological animal ancestor?

I believe in both. Horses didnot evolve from fish, God created them seperately. God created all animals seperately, and only specfic animals evolve; but the evolution is contained within their species, not evolving into another species; with a few exceptions like pupi to butterfly. God is the only common ancestor.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:05 PM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I believe in both. Horses didnot evolve from fish, God created them seperately. God created all animals seperately, and only specfic animals evolve; but the evolution is contained within their species, not evolving into another species; with a few exceptions like pupi to butterfly. God is the only common ancestor.
That's creationism, Mickiel. All this time you said you accepted evolution. But it's clear now that you don't believe in the science of evolution as it's been known for over 150 years.

Basically, your views on the issue are that of an old earth creationist.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
That's creationism, Mickiel. All this time you said you accepted evolution. But it's clear now that you don't believe in the science of evolution as it's been known for over 150 years.

Basically, your views on the issue are that of an old earth creationist.

I believe in both, you simply cannot see my answer, and your creating your version of my beliefs. I believe God created primordal man, and evolved him through many stages; I do not accept the version of evolution that excludes creation, or has one species evolving complettely into another different species.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,824,559 times
Quote:
I answered those questions, you just either didnot see it or accept it. I mean, I don't really know whatelse to say other than what I have stated before; for some resaon unknown to me, certain posters here simply cannot see my answers. Again, God is the common ancestor, all things in reality are a making of his mind. His awesome mind is the common trace; from his thinking, was born all things in reality.
No, you didn't answer those questions. I saw what you wrote but like I said, you answered a question I didn't ask. And then you continued in a different direction into an discussion on Archaeology. I have seen your answers, but they are more philosophical and theological rhetoric just like what you wrote above. Maybe you wish to be cryptic.

Here they are - as remedial as I can.

Question #1: Are you ok with a God that specially creates all living things to look exactly as if they actually descended from other preexisting yet distinct populations of other living things? You know, descent with modification - Common ancestry.

I am just asking if you are OK with that. Either you are OK with that or you are not. I was just wondering.

Question #2 If so, for what purpose.

After you answer those straight forward question, we can discuss the implications.

Last edited by PanTerra; 05-09-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I do not accept the version of evolution that excludes creation, or has one species evolving complettely into another different species.
But are you perfectly fine with a God that created these species to look, in every feasible way, (morphologically, genetically, etc.) exactly as if that is what happened? Question #1 above.

What purpose would that serve? Sure there is a reason for God to create with appearance of common ancestry from other species. Question #2 above.

This is what I was asking many posts ago when I wrote:

Quote:
If it is not as it appears, then one would have to wonder for what purpose would it serve. Why would we have a creator who gives his people theological doctrines supposedly based on the special creation of all living things in pretty much their current form, but then voluntarily submits his creative will to [look exactly as if he followed] the precise physical constraints of the evolutionary process without even the slightest pretense of fiat. Would you be ok with that?

Last edited by PanTerra; 05-09-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
No, you didn't answer those questions. I saw what you wrote but like I said, you answered a question I didn't ask. And then you continued in a different direction into an discussion on Archaeology. I have seen your answers, but they are more philosophical and theological rhetoric just like what you wrote above. Maybe you wish to be cryptic.

Here they are - as remedial as I can.

Question #1: Are you ok with a God that specially creates all living things to look exactly as if they actually descended from other preexisting yet distinct populations of other living things? You know, descent with modification - Common ancestry.

I am just asking if you are OK with that. Either you are OK with that or you are not. I was just wondering.

Question #2 If so, for what purpose.

After you answer those straight forward question, we can discuss the implications.

I am okay with all that God has done. And I disagree with any species looking exactly like another, there are always distinctions. And we probally cannot discuss the implications, because you are not seeing my answers. I see yours, but I quess mine are somehow hidden from you. ???

Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I am okay with all that God has done. And I disagree with any species looking exactly like another, there are always distinctions. And we probally cannot discuss the implications, because you are not seeing my answers. I see yours, but I quess mine are somehow hidden from you. ???
Look and read, I did not say they looked like each other, I wrote that creatures looked exactly as if they were descended with modification from other species. Good grief! Are you OK with God creating them to look that way, if that is not how he actually did it? Is sounds as if you are fine with God creating with an inherent deception to make it look like they evolved from other species. If you are perfectly ok with that, then on to question #2. What purpose would that serve? What purpose would creating with this deception be?

Last edited by PanTerra; 05-09-2012 at 03:01 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
I believe in both, you simply cannot see my answer, and your creating your version of my beliefs. I believe God created primordal man, and evolved him through many stages; I do not accept the version of evolution that excludes creation, or has one species evolving complettely into another different species.
I can see your answer exactly. Evolutionary change that occurs within species is called microevolution. Evolutionary change that results in one species changing to another species is called macroevolution. You believe in microevolution, but not macroevolution.

That's exactly the position of creationism.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Look and read, I did not say they looked like each other, I wrote that creatures looked exactly as if they were descended with modification from other species. Good grief! Are you OK with God creating them to look that way, if that is not how he actually did it? Is sounds as if you are fine with God creating with an inherent deception to make it look like they evolved from other species. If you are perfectly ok with that, then on to question #2. What purpose would that serve? What purpose would creating with this deception be?

I don't see a deception.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I can see your answer exactly. Evolutionary change that occurs within species is called microevolution. Evolutionary change that results in one species changing to another species is called macroevolution. You believe in microevolution, but not macroevolution.

That's exactly the position of creationism.

No its not, but I am a creationist, I have not denied that. I accept that primordal man evolved , but not from ape to man, simply man to further evolved man stages. And I differ with creationist in many areas as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.