Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times

Advertisements

.... or course racism is pretty much illegal and politically incorrect, so do an end run around the racism and ...............

It is reborn as pure ignorance and hatred wearing the cloak of 'what god intended'...............

Quote:
Jodie Brunstetter, the wife of state Sen. Peter Brunstetter (R), has found herself embroiled in controversy after suggesting that her husband’s role in writing the bill — which passed the Republican-controlled general assembly last fall — was racially motivated.
According to the alternative Yes! Weekly, which picked up the remarks from freelance journalist and activist Chad Nance, Jodie Brunstetter told a poll worker in Winston-Salem, N.C. Monday that the reason her husband “wrote Amendment 1 was because the Caucasian race is diminishing and we need to uh, reproduce.”
Wife of North Carolina’s Amendment One sponsor says husband motivated by race | TPM2012

These "christians" make me want to go vomit, for they are ignorant, hateful, and beyond disgusting and they wallow in their ignorance born hated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
.... or course racism is pretty much illegal and politically incorrect, so do an end run around the racism and ...............

It is reborn as pure ignorance and hatred wearing the cloak of 'what god intended'...............

Wife of North Carolina’s Amendment One sponsor says husband motivated by race | TPM2012

These "christians" make me want to go vomit, for they are ignorant, hateful, and beyond disgusting and they wallow in their ignorance born hated.
A leaflet for the London Mayoral election came through my letter -box. The candidate for the repackaged British Nazis has a number of endorsements from various 'Errngg....we should send them all back' pensioners, but also from some smirking Vicar who said that he supported the British Nationalists because of the Muslim threat to the Christian dominance of the Uk. They won't be getting my vote.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 PM

All while crowing that they have the moral high ground

The more attention I pay to theists, the more I am convinced that many are really only disgusting to the core hate filled willfully ignorant buffoons.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 05-02-2012 at 08:10 PM..

Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Ah, I live in NC and have had the displeasure of hearing all about this one as well...How embarassing,Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-03-2012 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: insulting

Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

First off, I read that blog article and this is all very fishy. There has been no evidence brought forth to confirm the specific wording, context or tone of that quote. Secondly, if a black politician said that about the black race, you wouldn't have a problem with it. Why is the term "Caucasion" so offensive to you? Does every race have the right to preserve itself but the Caucasion one?

Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
First off, I read that blog article and this is all very fishy. There has been no evidence brought forth to confirm the specific wording, context or tone of that quote. Secondly, if a black politician said that about the black race, you wouldn't have a problem with it. Why is the term "Caucasion" so offensive to you? Does every race have the right to preserve itself but the Caucasion one?
I don't get my boxers in a bunch over a 'term' but the concept it represents.

The gay bashing by christians is just an out growth of the racism which has been pretty much outlawed and made a politically incorrect position, and gender bias that also existed a century ago, but now also pretty much outlawed and made a politically incorrect position, but still alive and well in fundamentalists religions.

The fundy's are going to hate, be it gender, race, sexual preferences, religion, or even the sect of a religion. I have witnessed a pentacostal preacher tell all baptists they are going to hell for being baptists (at a funeral no less). Fundy religions are hate based, and they will fine a reason to hate.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:47 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
They are not all bigots...This is something I have never seen before...

Christian Group Shows Up To Chicago Gay Pride Holding Apologetic Signs | Practikel

Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
=Asheville Native;24137156]
The gay bashing by christians is just an out growth of the racism
Lol Homosexuality is not a race. And being against the act of homosexuality, thinking the act is a sin as Scripture makes clear, is not bigotry. We are suppose to "hate the sin, not the sinner." We are called to love and accept all sinners (straight people who have sex out of wedlock being sinners too) and preach the truth to them, without compromise.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Thumbs down What a tired cliche ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Lol Homosexuality is not a race. And being against the act of homosexuality, thinking the act is a sin as Scripture makes clear, is not bigotry. We are suppose to "hate the sin, not the sinner." We are called to love and accept all sinners (straight people who have sex out of wedlock being sinners too) and preach the truth to them, without compromise.
Oh, brother. What a bunch of BS.

"Hate the sin, not the sinner ..."

That's like saying: 'I don't hate Jews ... it's Judaism I hate ...' or 'I don't hate Liberals ... it's Liberalism I hate ...'

Well listen to what I have to say: I hate bigotry and I hate bigots as well.

I am going to preach a little TRUTH to some of you out there - we live in a secular society with a Constitution that establishes no official religion, so keep your religious views to yourself and try to be tolerant and respectful to others. I will not try to force my beliefs on you and please don't try to force yours on me.

Okay?

Capiche?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oh, brother. What a bunch of BS.

"Hate the sin, not the sinner ..."

That's like saying: 'I don't hate Jews ... it's Judaism I hate ...' or 'I don't hate Liberals ... it's Liberalism I hate ...'

Well listen to what I have to say: I hate bigotry and I hate bigots as well.

I am going to preach a little TRUTH to some of you out there - we live in a secular society with a Constitution that establishes no official religion, so keep your religious views to yourself and try to be tolerant and respectful to others. I will not try to force my beliefs on you and please don't try to force yours on me.

Okay?

Capiche?
Funny, I do hate Liberalism!! But....being against the act of homosexuality, but not hating a homosexual person, is not bigotry. I understand that homosexuality is not a choice, but acting on it, the act of homosexual sex, is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality