Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:12 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
As I said, believe what you want, but even you have to admit that the bible got most of how the universe works wrong.
And why must I admit that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
But who created those atoms? Or space stuff?

Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
As I said, believe what you want, but even you have to admit that the bible got most of how the universe works wrong.
Really? Please share. Quotes from the Bible would definitly help.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And why must I admit that?
Well, you have a brain and are capable of thinking aren't you? So do you actually believe that a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories is non fiction?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Really? Please share. Quotes from the Bible would definitly help.
How about the entire book of Genesis, for starters.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
But who created those atoms? Or space stuff?
No one. Why does it need to be created?

Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Well, you have a brain and are capable of thinking aren't you? So do you actually believe that a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories is non fiction?
Because I have a brain and am capable of thinking I can understand how these things are true.

If you work on the voice box of some birds, like starlings, you can get them to talk. Of course you know about Parrots, and many other birds that can talk, right?

Are you saying that the God Who brought all the universe into existence that it is too hard for Him to turn a stick into a snake? Simple quantum physics on an incredible level.

Do you think it is too hard for Him who fed about 15,000 on a couple fish and a few loaves of bread could not feed a couple million every day? Just because God used physics we are not apprised of yet does not mean it can't be done and surely does not mean it is fiction.

Are you saying Satan is not powerful enough to talk to someone through a snake?

Old 07-03-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Because I have a brain and am capable of thinking I can understand how these things are true.

If you work on the voice box of some birds, like starlings, you can get them to talk. Of course you know about Parrots, and many other birds that can talk, right?

Are you saying that the God Who brought all the universe into existence that it is too hard for Him to turn a stick into a snake? Simple quantum physics on an incredible level.

Do you think it is too hard for Him who fed about 15,000 on a couple fish and a few loaves of bread could not feed a couple million every day? Just because God used physics we are not apprised of yet does not mean it can't be done and surely does not mean it is fiction.

Are you saying Satan is not powerful enough to talk to someone through a snake?
What I'm saying is that the entire concept of god and everything it includes is nothing more than man made fantasies that only the gullible could possibly believe....No stick snakes, talking donkeys, water walking, water to wine, or any of those other impossible things have ever happened, and never will.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
What I'm saying is that the entire concept of god and everything it includes is nothing more than man made fantasies that only the gullible could possibly believe....No stick snakes, talking donkeys, water walking, water to wine, or any of those other impossible things have ever happened, and never will.
But that's just it, the entire concept of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and everything inclusive is factual and historical as recorded by eye-witnesses. It has nothing to do with gullibleness. It has to do with believability. To me God is believable. I have no reason to believe He would lie to me. A God that can create the entire universe can surely open the voice of a donkey. He knows quantum physics much better than we and can have people walk on water. He can make people walk through walls, disappear and re-appear in another town instantly. Just because you don't see it does not mean it is not reality. Did you know that you can move two atoms at completely different ends of the universe and what happens to one that is tied to the other causes instantly to react as if there were no distance? When you can explain that physics to me you can explain to me whey people can't walk on water.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 PM

But the problem is god didn't create anything, let alone the universe...You have only your parents and the gleam in your father's eye to thank for your creation.
I'm familiar with spooky action at a distance, as Einstein called it...He couldn't explain it, so what makes you think I can?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality