Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Let's substitute the word "Bigfoot" for the word "God," and "Disbeliever in Bigfoot" for "Atheist."

If Bigfoot were not real, then there would be no disbelief in Bigfoot; No Disbeliever in Bigfoot! Why have a Disbeliever in Bigfoot if Bigfoot were not real? Disbelief in Bigfoot is the belief that Bigfoot does not exist; why even have that if Bigfoot were not real at all? If Bigfoot were not real, then Disbelief in Bigfoot would not be real.

Mickiel, I'm going to admit that there was a time I would have agreed with the thinking you are using in this thread. Those days are behind me now. After decades of turning my brain and logic off, I got to the point where I realized that any god who gave me a brain that is able to use logic, would not want me to consistently ignore all that is logical.

Now tell me, does the Bigfoot paragraph seem logical at all to you?

Your attempt to equate God with myths is unstable reasoning in my view; God is not a myth. Without God, there would be no belief or disbelief. Bigfoot has not received millions of worshippers, God has. Bigfoot has no credible archaeology, God has. Bigfoot has not been debated amoung scientist and scholars, God has. Bigfoot has never had a best seller about him amoungst the worlds best book selling list, God has for over 400 years running; Bigfoot has no churchs or buildings built in his name, God has. Politicians do not seek to be aligned with Big foot in order to get elected, they seek to be aligned with God to get ellected.

There is no comparison between God and myths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
There are Pagans on this forum, why do you think their gods aren't real, yet your god is real?

I don't own God, and I don't know him. Not only do I exclude all pagan gods, but I exclude every god that was conceived by man, there is no god on earth thats real.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Your attempt to equate God with myths is unstable reasoning in my view; God is not a myth. Without God, there would be no belief or disbelief. Bigfoot has not received millions of worshippers, God has. Bigfoot has no credible archaeology, God has. Bigfoot has not been debated amoung scientist and scholars, God has. Bigfoot has never had a best seller about him amoungst the worlds best book selling list, God has for over 400 years running; Bigfoot has no churchs or buildings built in his name, God has. Politicians do not seek to be aligned with Big foot in order to get elected, they seek to be aligned with God to get ellected.

There is no comparison between God and myths.
In the paragraph I quoted, there was nothing said about millions of worshippers, archaeology, best sellers, etc. I was using ONLY the paragraph that you used, the one that started "If God were not real, there would no atheism."

Please Please Please take a class in logic or debate. Let's stick with that ONE statement that you wrote: "If God were not real, there would be no atheism."

**IF** that were a logically true statement, then ANYTHING could be substituted for the words God and atheism. YOU are the one who is trying to prove that a lack of belief in something PROVES that that thing exists. If you want to prove that God exists by using archaelogy and the Bible and other things, fine, do that. But don't make a point-blank statement that "If God were not real, there would be no atheism," then turn around and tell me that I cannot use your same logic (or lack thereof) when I say "If Bigfoot were not real, there would be no Disbelievers in Bigfoot." Logic mandates that if YOUR statement is true, then any statement using the same logic MUST also be true.

And clearly, my statement is false. As is yours. I'm not saying this disproves God. I'm saying there is a fallacy in your thinking. I am saying that a thing/God/creature can exist, and still there may be people who disbelieve in said thing/God/creature. Disbelief in something can NEVER prove it's existance. That is ludicrous.

I'm trying to help you, really I am. Please study up on logic so you don't look quite so foolish.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
In the paragraph I quoted, there was nothing said about millions of worshippers, archaeology, best sellers, etc. I was using ONLY the paragraph that you used, the one that started "If God were not real, there would no atheism."

Please Please Please take a class in logic or debate. Let's stick with that ONE statement that you wrote: "If God were not real, there would be no atheism."

**IF** that were a logically true statement, then ANYTHING could be substituted for the words God and atheism. YOU are the one who is trying to prove that a lack of belief in something PROVES that that thing exists. If you want to prove that God exists by using archaelogy and the Bible and other things, fine, do that. But don't make a point-blank statement that "If God were not real, there would be no atheism," then turn around and tell me that I cannot use your same logic (or lack thereof) when I say "If Bigfoot were not real, there would be no Disbelievers in Bigfoot." Logic mandates that if YOUR statement is true, then any statement using the same logic MUST also be true.

And clearly, my statement is false. As is yours. I'm not saying this disproves God. I'm saying there is a fallacy in your thinking. I am saying that a thing/God/creature can exist, and still there may be people who disbelieve in said thing/God/creature. Disbelief in something can NEVER prove it's existance. That is ludicrous.

I'm trying to help you, really I am. Please study up on logic so you don't look quite so foolish.

I don't mind looking foolish in your eyes, and I cannot be helped by the blindness of another; how can you help me to not see God, when I see him everywhere; Thank you, but no thank you, my logic and reasoning is suitable enough for me. If God were not real, I wouldnot exist and I would have no logic or reason and no consciousness; I have all three, thus all three are absolute logical proofs that God is real. And lack of belief ( or unbelief or Atheism) are sturdy proofs of God; your lack of belief in God, is a proof of God itself, because God said that he would blind the eyes of men to him and harden their hearts.

Lack of belief in God, is stunning proof that he exist!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Here you go folks: stunning absolute proof(s)!

Quote:
Quote:

√ I don't own God, and I don't know him.
Quote:

I see him everywhere;

√ If God were not real, I would not exist and I would have no logic or reason and no consciousness; I have all three, thus all three are absolute logical proofs that God is real.

√ lack of belief ( or unbelief or Atheism) are sturdy proofs of God;

√ your lack of belief in God, is a proof of God itself, because God said that he would blind the eyes of men to him and harden their hearts.

√ Lack of belief in God, is stunning proof that he exist!
These statements... wow. I've come to come logical conclusions about you, Mickiel.

How's about you, kayanne? (Note: A short summary comment will probably do here...)

Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
These statements... wow. I've come to come logical conclusions about you, Mickiel.

How's about you, kayanne? (Note: A short summary comment will probably do here...)
I've given up. I'm convinced we're dealing with a jokester here.

Oh what the heck, one more just for fun:
Lack of belief in mermaids, is stunning proof that they exist!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:

Of course it is. everybody knows Mermaids live in water. If we did not have Mermaids there would be no need for water. The fact we have water is solid proof Mermaids exist. Besides, Millions perhaps billions of people do not believe in mermaids, that cinches the Argument.

Oddly, I agree with the OP, but I believe his arguments can only be considered proof to a person who already has reason to believe God(swt) exists.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:21 AM

132 posts, read 120,768 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel

√ I don't own God, and I don't know him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel

I see him everywhere;

√ If God were not real, I would not exist and I would have no logic or reason and no consciousness; I have all three, thus all three are absolute logical proofs that God is real.

√ lack of belief ( or unbelief or Atheism) are sturdy proofs of God;

√ your lack of belief in God, is a proof of God itself, because God said that he would blind the eyes of men to him and harden their hearts.

√ Lack of belief in God, is stunning proof that he exist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

oooooh!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:

Again you enlist the method of myths to try and decline the reality of God to be equated to a myth; there is no comparrison. Let me explain why the lack of belief in God, is absolute proof of God. In Romans 11:32 it states that God has " Shut up all in disobedience", that he might ( Later on) show mercy to them all. This is proof as to " Why" so many humans are just selfish, arrogant, unbelieving, unlawful and uncaring; because God has decreed that this be so, and it is so! Atheist are Atheist, because God wanted them to be that way. Why? So that he could release them later and complettely forgive their unbelief.

Humanity is locked into sin, and there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it. I see this occuring throughout human history and now; and God is behind it all; Stunning evidence of his uncanny and misunderstood power.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM

132 posts, read 120,768 times
Quote:
God has " Shut up all in disobedience", that he might ( Later on) show mercy to them all. This is proof as to " Why" so many humans are just selfish, arrogant, unbelieving, unlawful and uncaring; because God has decreed that this be so, and it is so! Atheist are Atheist, because God wanted them to be that way. Why? So that he could release them later and complettely forgive their unbelief.

Lack of belief is proof of God because God made it possible

Rainbows are proof of leprechauns because leprechauns manipulate light particles through rain.

A.. ma... zing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality