Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 01:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Prayers for any worldview? Including atheism?
I imagine if an atheist requested a prayer, some folks here would be happy to oblige.

(I just don't reckon many atheists would request one.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 01:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I imagine if an atheist requested a prayer, some folks here would be happy to oblige.

(I just don't reckon many atheists would request one.)
It's been my experience that atheists will sometimes ask for good thoughts. I am always happy to oblige.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:09 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
may peace and loving kindness fill the heart of every life stream
may all discord, evil, and deception dissolve back into its native nothingness, get thee hence, be thou dissolved
Creator of all life, spread over us Your canopy of peace
surround, guard, and protect that which is good in every nation, that which is good in every heart

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-28-2015 at 09:35 PM..

Old 10-18-2015, 04:51 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
may peace and kindness fill to overflowing the heart of every life stream
may all dishonesty, discord, deception, wickedness, oppression dissolve back into nothingness, get thee hence, be thou dissolved
remove every destructive etheric record from the atmosphere of the Earth, remove all war activity
surround, guard, and protect that which is good in every nation, that which is good in every heart
Creator of all life, spread over us Your canopy of peace

Old 10-23-2015, 10:10 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
I am thinking of the Mexican communities about experience the largest hurricane in history. Wow.

I am sending light, and energy, love and prayers.. It is a helpless moment until the clean up.

I wish there were a prayer smiley guy.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am thinking of the Mexican communities about experience the largest hurricane in history. Wow.

I am sending light, and energy, love and prayers.. It is a helpless moment until the clean up.

I'll join you on that. It's very worrying. Dios te bendiga, Mexico.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:51 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'll join you on that. It's very worrying. Dios te bendiga, Mexico.
Glad it seems headed for the smaller towns and they have been evacuated.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:50 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:

I concur with you here, I am from Florida and experienced a few in my lifetime, prayers to Mexico especially coastal Mexico, may the damage be minimal and that no one is harmed.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:49 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
This thread is for anyone who would like to post a prayer request. Because this is a religion forum anyone from any worldview may post legitimate requests here.
I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA
Seems to me that ' God has a legitimate prayer request ' as written at Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come.
Should we all be praying to God that invitation for Jesus to come ?_______
Come and undo all the wrongs here on earth - Isaiah 11:3-9; Isaiah chapter 35; Matthew 25:31-32

Old 11-13-2015, 09:58 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Oh Creator, whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to all the world, hear me, I am small and weak. I need your strength and wisdom. Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset. Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice. Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people. Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother but to fight my greatest enemy-myself.
Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality