Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:12 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A perfect, and sad, example of what I was talking about.
Your example (and I've seen it repeated with friends) is what makes me want to shake the Bible-thumpers and those who are so quick to condemn non-believers to hell and say THIS is what we are supposed to be doing! THIS is the person who is showing us love. THIS is the person we can learn from.
Good for you, Poppy.
(I'd rather have you next to me in time of need than 1,000 believers who sit in church. Honest truth.)
It has always been the "fruits" by which we know those who truly believe in God (even if they deny it), DewDropInn.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
So, if only faith is required, why are you not Buddhist, or Hindu, or any of the other thousands of religions. They all have faith.
Because I believe in Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and God the Father as the one true God.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Because I believe in Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and God the Father as the one true God.
Why?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:16 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
In my business, I remember when this one was first published.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/he...anted=all&_r=0

This one was from the American Heart Journal 7 years ago.
I trust this article because if I suddenly developed chest pain, I would seek out a qualified cardiologist, not a prayer book.

No prayer does nothing but perhaps make a few people feel better or become more hopeful. In the end, these people though are perhaps more disappointed than they would have been had they not begged in the first place.

Perhaps some people, out of desperation, turn this wishful thinking into prayer, as they have no other hope.

Once we observed a client of ours who seemed to be deteriorating more quickly than normal. I remarked to a coworker that it was inevitable, because , as I said, "Even God cannot cure Alzheimer's Disease." She just laughed and said "You are right."

Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Why?

Because of the very personal one on one relationship I have with Him.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
In my business, I remember when this one was first published.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/he...anted=all&_r=0

This one was from the American Heart Journal 7 years ago.
I trust this article because if I suddenly developed chest pain, I would seek out a qualified cardiologist, not a prayer book.

No prayer does nothing but perhaps make a few people feel better or become more hopeful. In the end, these people though are perhaps more disappointed than they would have been had they not begged in the first place.

Perhaps some people, out of desperation, turn this wishful thinking into prayer, as they have no other hope.

Once we observed a client of ours who seemed to be deteriorating more quickly than normal. I remarked to a coworker that it was inevitable, because , as I said, "Even God cannot cure Alzheimer's Disease." She just laughed and said "You are right."
Again, so many misunderstand what prayer is really all about

Old 04-01-2013, 04:42 PM

140 posts, read 132,838 times
Quote:
Then why don't you make a world-wide tour of Childrens' Hospitals and have your god cure all of the children there of leukemia and other cancers and other diseases? Unless, of course, you have other things to use your spiritual capital on. Yes, I'm calling your bluff. I await to hear the news on the national news.
(chuckle) Jesus said : YOU will always have the poor & sick and lame. so pray tell how am I supposed to change what He said as FACT?

That is rather a bizarre presumption. Why not pray that all evil be removed @ once. Then when it doesn't happen you can assert that God refuses to answer prayer! That would make a good argument for someone of your intellect. God please kill me now! Opps it didn't happen therefore: God does not exist.

Come let us reason Together saith the Lord - Go reason with Him & tell me what happens!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,550,968 times
Quote:

Yep, works for me.

Hard to be swayed by all of skeptics when you are experiencing the power of God on a daily basis.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
(chuckle) Jesus said : YOU will always have the poor & sick and lame. so pray tell how am I supposed to change what He said as FACT?

That is rather a bizarre presumption. Why not pray that all evil be removed @ once. Then when it doesn't happen you can assert that God refuses to answer prayer! That would make a good argument for someone of your intellect. God please kill me now! Opps it didn't happen therefore: God does not exist.

Come let us reason Together saith the Lord - Go reason with Him & tell me what happens!
There would be plenty of sick and lame if you only used your power of prayer to heal the children. If this is too difficult for your god, then just pick out one hospital and cure all of its children. Or, if that is still outside of his realm, maybe just two or three children out of a single hospital.

I suspect you'll hedge on this as well. As I suspected, it seems your claims and the claims about your god are bogus.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:

How do you know this is a god you're having a relationship with, and not simply a voice in your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality