Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM

81 posts, read 128,191 times

Advertisements

Before I ask the question I have to set it up:
1. Young children are being slaughtered in Syria
2. Many young kids died in the Tsunami in Japan
3. Thousands of very young children were sent directly to the gas chambers upon arrival at Auschwitz
4. etc
5. etc

The so called "God" didn't help there did he !!!
Now we have this Christian lady who is pretty wealthy I would say. She is cooking food and her God "made" her more spaghetti when she prayed for it. Please watch the clip below:

God Miraculously Made A Pair Of Cindy Jacobs Shoes Last For Years - YouTube

If you Christians on this forum don't see the craziness, hypocrisy, gullibility in this I seriously have to question your mental stability...
She is even the the leader of a popular Christan congregation:
Generals International | Generals.org

I did tweet her with the same question as above (in 140 characters) about Syria and Japan and asked why God didn't help the young children but when she as a wealthy woman asked God for more spaghetti...she actually got it...I haven't gotten a response back though...I don't expect it either...
By the way, these stupid miracles are pretty common among Christians (in the deep red neck south) and there are many miracles like this that wealthy christian ladies and people like her have gotten from God...Insane huh....
This is pure 100% insanity. To bad she as a Christan can't see it but I will say that I'm not surprised for one second.
Any comments or feedback...

Now do you understand just a little bit more (just a little) why I am an Atheist...

Last edited by johnsweeting; 04-05-2013 at 02:23 PM..

Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
It's makes the supernatural, and various religions more likely to be true if it actually happened. The more things that pop up for no reason, breaking the laws of physics, the more likely other things would be to pop up for no reason, breaking the laws of physics (such as staffs changing into snakes and talking burning bushes, and Dictator Xenu and company, and Yggdrasill)

But she's unwise if she believes anyone would believe her if she didn't get it on tape. Some might say it'd be morally wrong to believe her if she didn't get it on tape.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
It's makes the supernatural, and various religions more likely to be true if it actually happened. The more things that pop up for no reason, breaking the laws of physics, the more likely other things would be to pop up for no reason, breaking the laws of physics (such as staffs changing into snakes and talking burning bushes, and Dictator Xenu and company, and Yggdrasill)

But she's unwise if she believes anyone would believe her if she didn't get it on tape. Some might say it'd be morally wrong to believe her if she didn't get it on tape.
This is religion (all of them, not just Christianity) in a nutshell...

Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
She is crazy, but I have a feeling she'd be crazy no matter what religion she was, or even if she was non-religious.

I mean, praying over spaghetti. Really.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:14 PM

694 posts, read 745,541 times
Well, I got to say that she has the right idea, but she comes across as nuts! Believe me, even being a Christian, I know that there are a lot of weird Christians out there. As far as "praying over spaghetti", The Bible says Pray without ceasing AND to take everything to the Lord. Those are separate, not one verse. True Christians know that EVERYTHING depends upon the Lord, not just the big things. Have a wonderful day.

Charles Sands

Old 04-05-2013, 07:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Me sainted mother (were she Irish) would have said that lady had bats in her belfry.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:38 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsweeting View Post
Before I ask the question I have to set it up:
1. Young children are being slaughtered in Syria
2. Many young kids died in the Tsunami in Japan
3. Thousands of very young children were sent directly to the gas chambers upon arrival at Auschwitz
4. etc
5. etc

The so called "God" didn't help there did he !!!
Now we have this Christian lady who is pretty wealthy I would say. She is cooking food and her God "made" her more spaghetti when she prayed for it. Please watch the clip below:

God Miraculously Made A Pair Of Cindy Jacobs Shoes Last For Years - YouTube

If you Christians on this forum don't see the craziness, hypocrisy, gullibility in this I seriously have to question your mental stability...
She is even the the leader of a popular Christan congregation:
Generals International | Generals.org

I did tweet her with the same question as above (in 140 characters) about Syria and Japan and asked why God didn't help the young children but when she as a wealthy woman asked God for more spaghetti...she actually got it...I haven't gotten a response back though...I don't expect it either...
By the way, these stupid miracles are pretty common among Christians (in the deep red neck south) and there are many miracles like this that wealthy christian ladies and people like her have gotten from God...Insane huh....
This is pure 100% insanity. To bad she as a Christan can't see it but I will say that I'm not surprised for one second.
Any comments or feedback...

Now do you understand just a little bit more (just a little) why I am an Atheist...
Where did you learn that "stupid miracles are pretty common among Christians (in the deep red neck south)...? I'm a Christian in the South, and I'd love to check that out. I'm not inclined to call any miracle "stupid."

Cindy Jacobs was not wealthy when her children were young. That is what she is talking about in the video. I do not know her financial situation now, and you probably don't either. But who knows, one of these days some of us might need to know that God can do that.

There is a ministry in Mozambique that reports God multiplying food to feed orphans in that country. Check out Heidi and Rolland Baker at Iris Ministries.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:51 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
She is crazy, but I have a feeling she'd be crazy no matter what religion she was, or even if she was non-religious.

I mean, praying over spaghetti. Really.
Sadly, you might be right about this.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:56 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Where did you learn that "stupid miracles are pretty common among Christians (in the deep red neck south)...? I'm a Christian in the South, and I'd love to check that out. I'm not inclined to call any miracle "stupid."

Cindy Jacobs was not wealthy when her children were young. That is what she is talking about in the video. I do not know her financial situation now, and you probably don't either. But who knows, one of these days some of us might need to know that God can do that.

There is a ministry in Mozambique that reports God multiplying food to feed orphans in that country. Check out Heidi and Rolland Baker at Iris Ministries.
This is what John is talking about, these unverifiable miracles are not only unverified and unrepeatable under scientific conditions, but ridiculous and unnecessary. I'm sure the ministries in Mozambique talk about the also largely useless and also parlertrick-like miracles of ministries in Panama.

I mean, a god can multiply and feed a bunch of orphans once, or a god can end hunger all-together, or better yet, a god can stop hunger from ever having existed.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post

First of all I have to thank Cindy Jacobs because she did respond to my tweet which I never thought she would do so I thank her for that. She did respond the same way you put it that "she was not wealthy".
This is my entire point...People in much worse situations (young children dying in tsunami, Syria and the Holocaust etc) are not helped. I can give you news stories of child rapists who killed the young child after his rape so there are not just these big tragedies but smaller ones as well but no help from God. God helping with Spaghetti...yes...helping a young child to get rid of her rapist/murderer....no..

This discussion about "wealthy" is also pretty interesting. Just to make a comparison. Even if you are on food stamps in America you are much "wealthier" than the majority on this earth. I have been to many countries with my job (31 of them) including Pakistan and Bangladesh so I know what being poor is. Even though I don't know exactly the financial situation of Cindy at the time, I'm very positive it was much, much better than a big majority on this earth....please go to Karachi in Pakistan or many other places like it and you will know what I mean. I went to all these countries to help with setting up mobile phone systems for a multinational company.

By the way, after I went to several of these third world countries (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Algeria plus several others) my so called "problems" in my life were not any significant "problems" if you are catching my drift.....

You were also asking about "Where did you learn that "stupid miracles are pretty common among Christians (in the deep red neck south)". As an example do you want me to show you the several miracles done by Benny Hinn. I can provide that for you If you want...There are several others...

Lets take some of the biggest news stories of the last hundred years:
1. The 9/11 tragedy
2. Shooting of JFK
3. The moon landing

According to me (I know you will disagree)...these news stories above would shrink in comparison to either Cindy's getting more spaghetti or the multiplying of food to feed orphans in Mozambique.
Here you would actually have the hand of God actually doing some physical thing that can actually be seen. Fox news, CNN, ABC News, NBC News, ABC News, German news stations, Chinese news stations would report on it 24/7 for years. The entire world would change and people would see the world in a totally new way. I'm serious about this.

But, prepare yourself for a chock, in all cases nobody has a cell phone camera to actually record it or soem other way to actually verify it that would stand up to a review and then to have it actually confirmed. How surprising. And no, I don't take people's word for it that food was actually multiplying.
I looked up the stats and there are 1,5 billion smart phones around the world. These days people have the ability to record anything by just pressing a button. No physical miracle like the multiple of food has ever been recorded...never....and never will. Trust me on this one.
I will give anyone a 10,000 to 1 deal that any food miracle will never actually be recorded and seen as in the food actually "becoming" more after praying for it.

So if anyone wants to take the bet....If I'm correct (that this will never happen) you give me 1 dollar...If you are correct (food will multiply and it can be verified) I'll give you 10,000 dollars.

For example, 5 pounds of meat would turn to be 10 pounds of meat for the children in Mozambique or anything similar around the world that could actually be recorded and verified.

I can actually see the excuses in front of me right now why such a miracle will never be recorded:
1. These occasions are so rare so people don't have a cell phone up to record it (even though there are billions of smart phones out there)
2. God knows that you are recording and therefore will not perform any miracles. (God doesn't want to be seen for some strange reason)
3. Please make up some more excuses here

Yes, I do call these miracles "stupid" when I look around the world. Please go to Karachi in Pakistan for one week and see how they live. After coming home please look at the "multiplying of Spaghetti" video again for a "wealthy" person and then lets have a discussion and see what you think.

For which date should I book a round trip ticket for you an me to Karachi, Pakistan

Last edited by johnsweeting; 04-06-2013 at 03:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality