Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When you hear the word choice, I think of abortion
Yes..I'm pre- programed but don't know it. 0 0%
No..there are many pressing issues Christians need to adress. 3 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:19 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,658,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The prime focus on abortion now days is not being used for safety but for pleasure/irrisponsibility.
Women not using usual birth control methods and prostitutes on a regular basis by their own confession use abortion as their chosen form of birth control.
The fact is God does not approve of premarrital sex to begin with .
So setting faith aside , the other problem is that fact it is legalized murder, no matter how you spin it. And it serves the agenda of the powers that be, to reduce te popuation to begin with . The sandy shootings are a phoney staged event ,real enough but to fit the agenda to further NATO's agenda 21.
They don't care about babies or children it is just a tool to play the public and feed on their greed for self and personal pleasure, leading them iin a path of self distruction.
Liberals can't see it, and won't see it, because they believe their agenda is so noble .
But the result of all this has been breaking down the country, not making it stronger. Seeking pleasure ,not accountability .
Demanding quality of their products and every one elses labor, but not of their own life style. it's called hypocracy folks.
Big business are leaving this country because of the lieing and curruption of this government , and with them the jobs go as well , so the hard working conservitive is with out a job to pay the taxes to provide the free services the liberals have learned to depend on . Is that simple enough for you ?
Quoting from a dictionary definition, murder is "the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder) and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder)."

Since abortion is legal, calling it murder is always wrong. My view is that the use of that term indicates that the poster is trying to elicit emotions instead of thoughtful reasoning.

I have no idea why the Sandy Hook shootings were brought into a discussion about whether God is pro-choice.

Stating that "Liberals can't see it" indicates to me that you are trying to bring politics into the Religion forum.

I have no idea how you plan to connect big business, lying, government corruption, and exporting to God's view of abortion.

I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain that "hard working conservative" is an oxymoron. I am certain that this comment does not belong in a religion forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,737 times
Default My comments have been in responce to you BUT MY THREAD IS ABOUT THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I would be hard pressed to agree with much of anything Rev Wright had to say.

And actually, I'm not quite sure what it is you are trying to say with this thread. You started out asking if God is pro-choice, but your comments since are kind of all over the place.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE...IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO IMPROVE LIFE........BUT A MOB IS A DEMOCRATIC ORGANIZATION....WE LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC-REPUBLIC ...IT evolved and was founded by wise and ambitious men , the likes we have not seen since.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 AM

THis thread is not about ABORTION it is about choice.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:27 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Maybe we should keep in mind that when abortion is banned more people die. Woman just attempt it anyway, mother and child die. The numbers of death are higher. This is why it's legal. If its death your worried about, pro choice actually saves lives. Just FYI. If it's morality regarding a certain faith then carry on.
The coat hanger myth is just that...a myth. Few woman attempt to have an abortion on their own or through back alley providers. There is this idea that millions of woman were dying all over the place before legal abortion was introduced is not true. There are more woman these days who get sick or die from legal abortions than there were from the back alley variety. There are simply a 1000 times as many abortions taking place as there were back in the day.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Default We are talking about Choices.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
IS THERE A REASON.? IS IT LIKE FREE WILL? LIKE....if two people disagree but defend the other persons right to choose....kinda of like FREEDOM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Maybe we should keep in mind that when abortion is banned more people die. Woman just attempt it anyway, mother and child die. The numbers of death are higher. This is why it's legal. If its death your worried about, pro choice actually saves lives. Just FYI. If it's morality regarding a certain faith then carry on.
Thanks for the post . The Law of the land is the result of many choices.........

Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM

Default They are natures way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
One could argue that miscarriages also don't need to happen, but that God allows this to happen.
....mankind has a choice ....nature does not have this feature...only through it's creatures.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 AM

588 posts, read 796,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
....mankind has a choice ....nature does not have this feature...only through it's creatures.
Who controls nature? Christians pray regularly asking God to control an aspect of nature.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 AM

ABORTION WAS NEVER THE THREAD....CHOICE ....but most people don't know what CHOICE is. Sorry I disturbed you.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,043,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Since abortion is legal, calling it murder is always wrong. My view is that the use of that term indicates that the poster is trying to elicit emotions instead of thoughtful reasoning.
I think that's why it's been qualified as "legalized" murder - I thought that was self-apparant. "Killing", "slaying", "destroying", - are those better synonomous terms that remove the legal aspect? One of the major issues in the debate is that many see what was once termed "murder" legalized, and therefore not "murder" technically, but still "murder" save for the ruling several decades ago. Semantics!

As for appealing to emotion, I think both sides are guilty of that. They both appeal to the listeners emotions with various methods. If emotion were not involved, not many people would get upset over the issue ha ha!

Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Can I have a choice and discriminate through that choice what or who I like and approve of or not approve of? NO! I am limited by political correctness on to what "choice" I have and if it meets with the approval of the herd. I have no choice..neither do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality