Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times

Advertisements

How do they figure into Christianity & God etc.

Did God create them?

Did Moses put them on the ark?

Is there any mention of them in the bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default the ancient world according to kaykay...

1) If they existed, then God created them IMHO.

2) We don't know.

3) Not specifically.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
JMHO on dinosaurs..Yes there were dinosaurs, because science has proven that, and we have bones, and fossils. I do not believe in the 24/6 theory of creation, there was no time when the creation was occurring.. IMO our sense of time began with the fall of man. It took millions of years, IMO for each of Gods days to occurr..I believe the dinosaurs possibly were probably extinct or almost before man appeared..

Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
I agree with KayKay and Blue: there is simply so much we don't know about dinosaurs. Some opinions of mine (I could be wrong): I do think God created them...a LONG time ago....like millions of years. I think the majority of them were extinct by the time of Noahs Ark...so I don't believe any were on the Ark. Are they mentioned in the Bible? Check these out: Job 40:15-19, and Job 41:1-34. While these do not specifically say "dinosaur", it is hard to imagine they are describing anything else...

Bud

Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
Arrow My beliefs on this subject....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
How do they figure into Christianity & God etc.

Did God create them?
Well, they figure into things because we have fossils of them. So because we have fossils, we know they existed. They were definately created by God, more than likely on day 6 of creation week with other land animals.

Quote:
Did Moses put them on the ark?
Really, it would have been Noah who put the animals on the Ark. And more than likely, yes, he did.

Quote:
Is there any mention of them in the bible?
There are the descriptions of "behemoth" in Job 40:15-19 and "leviathan" in Job 41:1. Others try to make out the animal described as a behemoth as an elephant or hippo, but I disagree with that. You won't find the actual word "dinosaur" in the bible because the word dinosaur wasn't coined until the 1800's.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:52 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
There are a lot of animals that the bible doesn't mention, like kangaroos and wombats, are you also asking about them in regards to Christianity and God?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I agree with KayKay and Blue: there is simply so much we don't know about dinosaurs. Some opinions of mine (I could be wrong): I do think God created them...a LONG time ago....like millions of years. I think the majority of them were extinct by the time of Noahs Ark...so I don't believe any were on the Ark. Are they mentioned in the Bible? Check these out: Job 40:15-19, and Job 41:1-34. While these do not specifically say "dinosaur", it is hard to imagine they are describing anything else...

Bud
Could it be an elephant?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Right I do understand you won't find the word dinosaur in the bible. I guess what I was saying is..

God created heavens and earth.. then Adam and Eve... etc etc..

We know that dinosaurs date back millions and millions of years.. I guess I just don't understand how they fit into the picture.

I wouldn't classify kangaroos and wombats as being nearly as significant as a dinosaur.. Just my opinion though.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:22 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,751 times
Yes, dinosaurs existed with man. They were used for such things as bulldozers and cranes. Terodactyls were used as airplanes, mammoths were used for plumbing and birds with long beaks were used for playing records. Also back then, everyone's surname was derived from stone (ie- Flintstone, Slate, Rubble, etc).

Old 09-06-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
Yes, dinosaurs existed with man. They were used for such things as bulldozers and cranes. Terodactyls were used as airplanes, mammoths were used for plumbing and birds with long beaks were used for playing records. Also back then, everyone's surname was derived from stone (ie- Flintstone, Slate, Rubble, etc).
weird.. I'd be Thirstystone. has a nice ring to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality