Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:31 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times

Advertisements

Creation says God created Man and all of Creation Good and that by Man's sin through Adam, Decay, Suffering, and Death came into the world.

Evolution says Man created God and that by randomness and DEATH, Man came into the world.

"Theistic" Evolutionists still make the same assertion that through randomness and DEATH Man came into the world. The "god" of theistic evolution used a process that is inefficient and torturous as many millions of years and many accidents were needed to finally get it right.

Nevermind that we never observe this supernatural creative "force" speculated in theistic evolution today. What we observe is the Law of Entropy, which is exactly what we would expect to observe in the Biblical model of Creation.

So this post is just trying to point something many seem to miss. There are only TWO world views really in which all others derive from

1) Creation (By Man DEATH comes into the World)
2) Evolution (By death MAN comes into the World)

They are two opposite world views entirely... one says we are devolving and need redemption through God's anointed Messiah Jesus for Salvation. The other says we are evolving and eventually will become perfect or "gods".

There are really only two religions in the World. One is truth and one is false. The Serpent said to Eve that in eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil their eyes would be opened and that they would be gods. The result... death.

We all have been given that choice as well. The good news is God has given us the tree of life to eat from. Jesus says if any man thirsts let them come to Him for Salvation. All that come to Him he will not cast out. We are either seen as forgiven and "in Christ" the Passover lamb sacrifice or not. According to the Word, Salvation is a gift demonstrating God's goodness and love toward us. It is freely given to the humble, repentant heart coming to Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 06:42 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,939,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Creation says God created Man and all of Creation Good and that by Man's sin through Adam, Decay, Suffering, and Death came into the world.

Evolution says Man created God and that by randomness and DEATH, Man came into the world.

"Theistic" Evolutionists still make the same assertion that through randomness and DEATH Man came into the world. The "god" of theistic evolution used a process that is inefficient and torturous as many millions of years and many accidents were needed to finally get it right.

Nevermind that we never observe this supernatural creative "force" speculated in theistic evolution today. What we observe is the Law of Entropy, which is exactly what we would expect to observe in the Biblical model of Creation.

So this post is just trying to point something many seem to miss. There are only TWO world views really in which all others derive from

They are two opposite world views entirely... one says we are devolving and need redemption through God's anointed Messiah Jesus for Salvation. The other says we are evolving and eventually will become perfect or "gods".

There are really only two religions in the World. One is truth and one is false. The Serpent said to Eve that in eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil their eyes would be opened and that they would be gods. The result... death.

We all have been given that choice as well. The good news is God has given us the tree of life to eat from. Jesus says if any man thirsts let them come to Him for Salvation. All that come to Him he will not cast out.
The theory of evolution states that man came into the world through a series of beneficial genetic mutations and remains in the world by adapting to out-compete other species for the same resources.

There's nothing within the theory of evolution that suggests "man will become perfect". There's never a "perfect" organism, only those more fit than others.

There really is a world outside theology, you know.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
pronoun: what
asking for information specifying something
asking for repetition of something not heard or confirmation of something not understood.

adverb: how
in what way or manner; by what means; "how does it work?"
used to ask about the condition or quality of something.

"creationism" tries to describe a "how" in terms of a what.
"evolution" is quite content to be thought of as a "how"
(even if that drives the fans of creationism nuts).
Attached Thumbnails
Creation and Evolution are diametrically opposed and opposite of one another-fig-3-1-continuum-agnostic.jpg  

Last edited by MrRational; 09-23-2013 at 07:06 PM..

Old 09-23-2013, 07:03 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
True

Quote:
False....... Evolution science has nothing to say about god.

Quote:
Correct, it took million of years for humans to evolve, and it was neither all random nor all accidental.
Quote:
Contrary to what you think, there is no Law of Entropy which states that order must always decrease.

Quote:

I have no idea what you mean by "by death man comes into the world"?...Please elaborate.

Quote:
Evolution does not say we will become perfect...Not at all.

Quote:
There was no serpent so this in nonsense.

Quote:
We all have been given that choice as well. The good news is God has given us the tree of life to eat from. Jesus says if any man thirsts let them come to Him for Salvation. All that come to Him he will not cast out. We are either seen as forgiven and "in Christ" the Passover lamb sacrifice or not. According to the Word, Salvation is a gift demonstrating God's goodness and love toward us. It is freely given to the humble, repentant heart coming to Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins.
This is just so much bible babble, all mythical I'm afraid.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:22 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:

Another one spouting Biblical information. But, considering the "Biblical time-line" is inaccurate, how many other things were forgotten by the time the Bible was actually written? From 5,000 BC and before, to about 1,200 BC when the first written form of the Bible first came into existence, how much information was lost?

"I am as I was" certainly did have a sense of humor when to told the ancient Hebrews to find out who he is. It's a challenge to go back and find out just who he is, and they never did. So, he's still "I am as I was".

And, from what I've learned about "I am as I was", he certainly seems to enjoy using natural events to do his handy-work on this earth. From the parting of the waters, to the great flood of Utanapistim, to creation. Or, perhaps, creation came about using evolution to do his handy-work. Your Bible says "7 days", but the ancient texts say "7 periods of time". A 24 hour day was not specified in the ancient texts. And, what happened to God's wife? As late as 800 BC, it seems that God had a wife named Asharah. Somewhere between 800 BC and 600 BC, he got as divorce? Go back to the ancient texts, the ones that preceded the Ancient Hebrews, and you may realize that the information had been handed down from one generation to the next via "word-of-mouth" until it was written down. There's a whole lot missing from the Bible, that can still be read in the ancient texts, up to and including the flood. Back when God chose the king instead of having it follow the bloodline.

I could go on, but I won't. I'd be wasting time, I'm sure.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Another Fundie putting God in a box and telling him what he can and can't do with his creation. Gets tiring.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Not worth my time. The OP is so off base it's ridiculous.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

I believe in a Creator and in evolution. I see no contradiction. But the Creator I sense exists, has nothing - well, at least very little - in common with the biblical god(s). There is too much rhythm, too much order, and just enough synchronicity in the universe for me to believe there is no underlying cause.

But the Creator I believe in manifests him/her/itself in the trees, the grass, the sand, rocks, animals, the moon, the wind, the cosmos, and life itself. Impersonal for the most part, yet ever-present and somehow comforting.

Others, of course, experience her/him/it differently.

No matter. It's the experience that counts. Experience that leads one to truth.

And Genesis, while containing some truths, is in no way, really true.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:08 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
I would retitle this thread: "Fundamentalism and Intelligent Thought are Diametrically opposed and opposite... and never the twain shall meet"...

Old 09-23-2013, 08:19 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I would retitle this thread: "Fundamentalism and Intelligent Thought are Diametrically opposed and opposite... and never the twain shall meet"...
I'd title it: legal weed, see what you're missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality