Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,284,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, it's like people are actually serious that single celled amoebas had the capacity to formulate all the millions of animals from dinosaurs to dogs and chimps and humans and even all plant life on earth without even an ounce of proof.
There's plenty of proof.

Some people just refuse to acknowledge it. They're too frightened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 04:40 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,017,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
One day, two days, 1 year, 100 years, 1000 years, 4000 years. Regardless, it couldn't happen without some devastating geological effects. Even Noah and his EXTENDED family would be killed had this happened after the flood.

Nye vs Ham - The Aftermath - YouTube
The guy in the video is transferring our ignorance as to how to build an ark the size Noah built to Noah. He doesn't know Noah's expertise especially with God giving him wisdom to do that which God told him to do.

You have no verifiable PROOF that if it took 4,000 years for the plates to move apart to where the continents presently are would have devastating geological effects. First of all you would have to duplicate by actual experience what would take place. You can't therefore it is only taking a stab in the dark.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:41 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,088,502 times
Quote:
Yes, it's like people are actually serious that single celled amoebas had the capacity to formulate all the millions of animals from dinosaurs to dogs and chimps and humans and even all plant life on earth without even an ounce of proof.
The LUCA wouldn't have been an amoeba, and through the process of replication and accumulated change it could easily create the different populations we see around us, explaining our similarities and differences.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There's plenty of proof.

Some people just refuse to acknowledge it. They're too frightened.
Sorry but comics are not proof.

I'm not frightened at all. So why say it?

Old 03-25-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Millions of animals to feed on that boat. Wonder where they kept all that food.
Prove there were millions of animals on the ark.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
So Noah's sons forgot all about Noah, and made up different ancestries from non-existent/dead empires? Then also after the flood the all shared a language that didn't natually change with migration and localization, but instead by a magical curse. Also spirit entities such as the Enemy/Prosecutor were malevolently used by a benevolent Magical First Ancestor to establish the false religions/histories of the world but not when establishing Jewish religious propaganda then replacing it with a Christianity that the pagans would buy?

I strongly know that it is ostensively just the way it is that you are completely wrong about history matching your preferred religious propaganda.
But I'm not wrong. Did I say Noah's sons forgot all about Noah? Did you know Noah's sons had children after the flood? Problems started right after the flood with Ham. Ham was cursed. Ham and his four sons founded South West Asia, Africa and Egypt, which of course is in Africa. Why should he stick with Noah's understanding especially after being cursed? I provide historical evidence for this in the link below.

I know you don't want to read this The sixteen grandsons of Noah - creation.com but it talks about historic evidence of Noah's sons down to 16 grandsons of Noah and the spreading out over the earth.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,284,769 times
Quote:
Sorry but comics are not proof.

I'm not frightened at all. So why say it?
Because I believe it to be true.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:41 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,518,236 times
Quote:
Prove there were millions of animals on the ark.
It should be obvious that I don't think the story of the Ark is literally true. I'm sure they were trying to make some point with it, but it's hard to imagine what it might be. Maybe to force conformity with church doctrine, but maybe it was just the Star Wars of it's day.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,709,348 times
Quote:
The guy in the video is transferring our ignorance as to how to build an ark the size Noah built to Noah. He doesn't know Noah's expertise especially with God giving him wisdom to do that which God told him to do.

You have no verifiable PROOF that if it took 4,000 years for the plates to move apart to where the continents presently are would have devastating geological effects. First of all you would have to duplicate by actual experience what would take place. You can't therefore it is only taking a stab in the dark.
Before I waste my time proving the effects of tectonic plate movements, I want to know that,if it contradicts your Bible story, you will not dismiss it out of hand but will take it under consideration and possibly accept it.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It should be obvious that I don't think the story of the Ark is literally true. I'm sure they were trying to make some point with it, but it's hard to imagine what it might be. Maybe to force conformity with church doctrine, but maybe it was just the Star Wars of it's day.
Just so we know you were just throwing out a number that there were "millions of animals on the ark".

You are sure they were trying to make a point with it just like you were sure there were millions of animals on the ark.

Maybe? . . . maybe? How about "maybe not"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality