Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:34 PM

54 posts, read 112,504 times

Advertisements

I have never wrote good in posts, and am so sorry, as it looks like I wrote in your box..please help on where to write.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly750 View Post
at 100 yrs old, one of the customers said to me, god wants us to have nice things, he wants us to ask him for wisdom. God is not a pushy God, He wants you to ask him for things you need( always in jesus name) he wants us to love him, but Gave us the right to choose.The bible will tell you how to overcome all things, We are here for a short time, its like we are in training(will we pass the test?) It speaks in one verse that a day will come** when all will fall to the ground, and their teeth will grind in the presense of God** I am new at this , and the prophosys in the bible are in progress right now. I am scared, cause I am scared to die, But is says if we ask for forgivness of our sins, in Jesus name, He will remember them no more, to be cast out and forgotton.he gave satan power only untill the end, actually Satan was one off Gods beautiful angels, but now comes to steal, kill, and cheat us . He actuallyloves our misery. Sorry I just kept typing, I ask God every morning o use me , speak through me[, and guide me to make good choices. Oh, I could go on all night. I just buried both my mom and dad. God helps me through. They left, and never thought I could live withou them, but since their death, I am growing, and feeling like I will be okay, I know I will.. Always pray in the name of jesus, for he is our messanger, and most all my prayers come, in time, with faith and hope. The ones that dont is because it might mess up the plan, he has for me. God loves the meek, and loves when(as it says in the bible) he wants us to go in a quiet place, like a closet, and just talk like its a friend..he craves that from us..thanks for reading, I am not such aa good typer. Oh he also can give us messages in our dreams** I hope its readable, what would make my pc tripple leters/ nighty night0uote=Miss Blue;2200494]I have said it before on this forum that many people think God is a "sugar daddy" who sits on his throne and hands out whatever his spoiled children ask..He blessed us with the minds we have to figure out and solve problems..Imo we should be spending more time using out tools to solve our problems than whinning that God doesn't listen..We should try thanking God for the blessings we do have, and we have many that we are not aware of.
[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly750 View Post
I have never wrote good in posts, and am so sorry, as it looks like I wrote in your box..please help on where to write.

philly, I am not sure where you feel you posted incorrectly. Your post was beautiful and heartfelt.

May you find peace.

<><

Old 04-18-2009, 12:41 PM

300 posts, read 735,199 times
If your prayer is unanswered, it may be because you may be missing some kind of a ritual required for this kind of a prayer. For example, if I pray for a bottle of beer, there will be void and anguish till I finally resort to the ritual of pilgrimage to the fridge and fetching for the bottle opener. Then, behold, my prayers answered! (gulp-gulp)

Old 04-18-2009, 04:55 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
If your prayer is unanswered, it may be because you may be missing some kind of a ritual required for this kind of a prayer. For example, if I pray for a bottle of beer, there will be void and anguish till I finally resort to the ritual of pilgrimage to the fridge and fetching for the bottle opener. Then, behold, my prayers answered! (gulp-gulp)
This is--glub, glub--true. Sometimes asking for something just isn't sufficient.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:41 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
This is--glub, glub--true. Sometimes asking for something just isn't sufficient.

amazing, isn't it? trying something else then?

YouTube - The Soul Searchers "We The People"

Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
I am really starting to doubt that prayers are answered at all. Does God only answer the prayers of a select few?
What a let down!
well just go right to the source and ask god for signs that he exist and he might answear you!!!! it's worked for me.

always looking for signs.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:25 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
DOES PRAYER CHANGE THINGS?

They say that prayer changes things, but does it REALLY change anything?
Oh yes! It really does!

Does prayer change your present situation or sudden circumstances?
No, not always, but it does change the way you look at those events.

Does prayer change your financial future?
No, not always, but it does change who you look to for meeting your
daily needs.

Does prayer change shattered hearts or broken bodies?
No, not always, but it will change your source of strength and comfort.

Does prayer change your wants and desires?
No, not always, but it will change your wants into what God desires!

Does prayer change how you view the world?
No, not always, but it will change whose eyes you see the world through.

Does prayer change your regrets from the past?
No, not always, but it will change your hopes for the future!

Does prayer change the people around you?
No, not always, but it will change you - the problem isn't always in
others.

Does prayer change your life in ways you can't explain?
Oh, yes, always! And it will change you from the inside out!

So does prayer REALLY change ANYTHING?
Yes! It REALLY does change EVERYTHING!

-- Author Unknown
That was deep.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:42 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,875 times
I realized this is an old opening post. What are you praying for? What are you asking for? You can DM me if you want.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:59 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,970 times
Ah well, you know, it's that sermon on the mount thing...

"Ask and ye shall recieve"
"Smite the Egyptians?"
"Thou shalt not tempt the lord"
(But hey... you said "ask"...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality