Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
yes, cd forum is a type of drug addiction that i must beat.
ha ha ha!!! now, I bet couple of people on this thread can relate to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 10:51 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,647,040 times
thanks max's mama (i was going to post earlier "ahem, can we please get back to the all important subject of me me me!!!") but i think this thread is done because there are no answers to my question. but i appreciate anyone who gave it a shot.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:53 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Jmho..Prayers are being answered while WE roll up our sleeves and step in to find shelters for the homeless, when WE step in to hand a food basket to the hungry, when WE step in to protect a woman from an abusive husband, when WE offer to sponsor a child in a third world country, when WE give our time to repair a home for the people who can't afford the repairs, when WE volunteer our time and expertise to the many charitible organizations..Expect no miracles except the beauty you see in the thankfulness of the people you help for no reason other than your love and compassion. ..Praise God for his blessings that have made it possible you to be ableto answer other peoples prayers..the people you helped have had a prayer answered, or may have been sent a miracle...Our prayers for ourselves or loved ones are answered, mostly not as we expect or as we wished for, but in ways you may never understand..

Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
thanks max's mama (i was going to post earlier "ahem, can we please get back to the all important subject of me me me!!!") but i think this thread is done because there are no answers to my question. but i appreciate anyone who gave it a shot.
yep, I think it's very hard to answer your question, since we are not the ones answering prayers. Perhaps you can ask God this question and you might see the sign one day that would be the answer to your question.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:03 AM

751 posts, read 1,179,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Jmho..Prayers are being answered while WE roll up our sleeves and step in to find shelters for the homeless, when WE step in to hand a food basket to the hungry, when WE step in to protect a woman from an abusive husband, when WE offer to sponsor a child in a third world country, when WE give our time to repair a home for the people who can't afford the repairs, when WE volunteer our time and expertise to the many charitible organizations..Expect no miracles except the beauty you see in the thankfulness of the people you help for no reason other than your love and compassion. ..Praise God for his blessings that have made it possible you to be ableto answer other peoples prayers..the people you helped have had a prayer answered, or may have been sent a miracle...Our prayers for ourselves or loved ones are answered, mostly not as we expect or as we wished for, but in ways you may never understand..
Blue, great posts! Actually, that is exactly what the Bible says, the idea is that God will bless those who give to the less fortunate and God will never allow those who give to go without. Last week, I donated some toys to a toy drive and although it was a good deed, I thought to myself, What If I gave 10 times more you know? Anyways, not that I don't believe in his Word but I definitely need to strengthen my faith.

But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

—Matthew 6:3-4

I can't even describe how TRUE this verse is..amazing!

Old 12-09-2007, 11:08 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Quote:
Nicole, I am sorry that my last post was off topic as to your op..I did give my thoughts for you on an earlier post..We do tend to drift from the op a lot of times in this forum and I apologize for my part..The thing is, IMO, a lot of times even though we drift from the op we may say something that encourages or answers another question that is on someones mind...I do wish you all the best and pray that you will find your answers and your peace with God..

Old 12-09-2007, 11:15 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,647,040 times
i dont mind. really.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:24 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
--And once again, all I can add, is that I love the beauty of Blue!

Thank you...

Old 12-09-2007, 11:56 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,238 times
Psalms 37
says for us to do this:
Delight yourselves in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart
Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him and He will bring it to pass
it doesn't get any plainer than this, and this is not even cracking open the rest of the promises He has made in the Bible, and they are true. I'm a living witness
"Word Up"

Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Right, if a loved one if dying of cancer, just take action. Put on your doctor scrubs and make it happen.
So I take it you believe that if you pray for your friend dying of cancer, he will get better, or maybe its if your friend has enough people praying for him OR maybe its if the RIGHT people are praying for him? Which is it?

What about the person through no fault of their own has no one to pray for him, does he somehow deserve to NOT live because he doesn't have enough people to pray for him or the RIGHT people to pray for him?

When I saw do something about it, I mean in the case of someone with health problems, get treatment, get it early. Don't sit around and wait for something too happen. Do you know how many people end up alot worse off because they don't take care of themselves, don't get the health screenings they should so the cancer can be detected early and dealt with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality