Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 12:07 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,741,327 times

Advertisements

I met this guy in April 2013. As soon as I saw him, I was instantly drawn to him and it felt like "love at first sight". I had never felt that way before (I'm 24 not 12). I even told myself he was the one!

We talked and clicked instantly. We would talk to each other all the time. Then we met and sparks flew but unfortunately, he never followed through with another date because he was "busy". I then told him it was best to stop talking.

Fast forward, V-Day 2014, he sent me a heartfelt apology and asked for another shot. The entire time we didn't speak all I could think of was him! It almost became an unhealthy obsession. Anyway, we went on two dates. We had heavy makeout sessions but it didn't lead to sex because I declined. He stopped talking to me afterwards.

Now the problem is that a year later, I'm still not over him. I still think of him obsessively and nobody compares. I've been praying God to help me move on but each time I pray the feelings come stronger afterwards. I feel trapped. It's never happened to me before as I'm not a sentimental person by any means.

I've tried going out and having fun, dating other people, moving cities for a while, created a busy schedule .. nope, nothing worked.

Is this a soul tie?

Serious answers only. If you don't believe in this stuff, please refrain from responding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Sounds more like a heavy-duty crush. I think a "soul tie" is mutual. He obviously does not feel the same way about you. I think you should accept that and work harder at moving on emotionally.

Good luck.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
We had heavy makeout sessions but it didn't lead to sex because I declined. He stopped talking to me afterwards.
You had two dates. He wanted to have sex. You said "No". And he dropped you. Think about that. How can the guy who dropped you because you wouldn't sleep with him be a soul tie?

Sorry, IMHO he wasn't your soul mate. But he was a guy who did you a very big favor by showing you, on the second date, what type of guy he was. Learn and move on. p.s. Guys who are interested and want a relationship aren't "busy". They're changing their schedule so they can be with you.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-31-2014 at 01:56 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
I agree with the 2 before....it's a crush. I've never heard the phrase "soul tie", but I wouldn't think this sounds like that. If God wants you to be together--you will be. I'd take a step back and try to get your mind off of him. Dew had a great statement above -- if he's into you he won't be "busy". I rearranged my whole life when I met my wife and did everything I could to be around her.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I agree with the 2 before....it's a crush. I've never heard the phrase "soul tie", but I wouldn't think this sounds like that. If God wants you to be together--you will be. I'd take a step back and try not to be so preoccupied with him.
OP: Take this as a sign from the Universe: TroutDude, Vizio and I are all in agreement. That rarely happens.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-31-2014 at 02:09 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 02:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OP: Take this as a sign from the Universe. TroutDude, Vizio and I are all in agreement.
Ha!

I'm checking on the moon's colour tonight.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:15 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,529,517 times
Quote:
Fast forward, V-Day 2014, he sent me a heartfelt apology and asked for another shot. The entire time we didn't speak all I could think of was him! It almost became an unhealthy obsession. Anyway, we went on two dates. We had heavy makeout sessions but it didn't lead to sex because I declined. He stopped talking to me afterwards.
Since he never called after you declined sex I would say he's not the one.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:21 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Default Is this an "ungodly" soul tie?

Soul ties are uniformly one-sided . . . as this one clearly is. They have nothing to do with soul mates. There are things in your character and needs that are appealed to by this person . . . they are not necessarily positive or good. The likelihood of a lasting relationship is slim to none. Try to learn what there is about this person that could possibly appeal to you and why . . . and then move on.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:12 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,741,327 times
A soul tie is not a soulmate people! It's not about him being the one. It's an unhealthy attachment to someone. For those of you who are not religious, I guess you probably never heard of this.

If you do not know what a soul tie is, please refrain from responding. This is in no way shape or form assimilated to a soulmate, it's very different.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
A soul tie is not a soulmate people! It's not about him being the one. It's an unhealthy attachment to someone. For those of you who are not religious, I guess you probably never heard of this.

If you do not know what a soul tie is, please refrain from responding. This is in no way shape or form assimilated to a soulmate, it's very different.
Perhaps it's helpful to define your terms. I personally was trying to be helpful, and was serious in my response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality