Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He's God, so....yes.
Who does Jesus hate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 03:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Who does Jesus hate?
For starters, hated Esau. He loved Jacob.

Romans 9:13 "As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."" The chapter also discusses the fact that some are shown mercy, some are not.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
For starters, hated Esau. He loved Jacob.

Romans 9:13 "As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."" The chapter also discusses the fact that some are shown mercy, some are not.
To me, that's further evidence that Jesus was just a man. Gods are above such petty, human emotions.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
To me, that's further evidence that Jesus was just a man. Gods are above such petty, human emotions.
Yet, the verse states that God hated Esau, and loved Jacob. No disrespect, but your opinion of what God should be like isn't very relevant.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yet, the verse states that God hated Esau, and loved Jacob. No disrespect, but your opinion of what God should be like isn't very relevant.
It's extremely relevant to me.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
It's extremely relevant to me.
but only you. You don't get to decide who God is....except in your mind. And that has no bearing on actual truth.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
but only you. You don't get to decide who God is....except in your mind. And that has no bearing on actual truth.
That's what YOU think.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:28 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,314 times
If God said: I am so sorry that you have to go to hell.

He didn't. It is more like "I am so sorry you chose to go to hell". Why do people always want to blame others for their own actions. I know, "If he is God, he can make us......" If he makes us then we didn't choose. If he makes us and we didn't choose we are like dumb animals with no free will. We have the choice. If we don't choose correctly then that's our fault.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
God isn't going to save all men. The Bible clearly says that. Do you realize that God hates some people?
God doesn't hate people. The Bible was written by men and by the way they perceived things.

Quote:
He's God, so....yes.
Jesus isn't God. Hate is a very strong word today and maybe not so much when the Bible was written. Also keep in mind that the Bible was translated and if you ever tried to translate a story, it isn't a word for word thing.

Quote:
And, right, Jesus was just a man, a son of God just as all of us are.

Quote:
His opinion would be just as valid as those who wrote the stories in the Bible. Each man decides for themselves or are led by someone else to believe what is said.

Quote:
We each define God and that is our truth and that is only that counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
If God said: I am so sorry that you have to go to hell.

He didn't. It is more like "I am so sorry you chose to go to hell". Why do people always want to blame others for their own actions. I know, "If he is God, he can make us......" If he makes us then we didn't choose. If he makes us and we didn't choose we are like dumb animals with no free will. We have the choice. If we don't choose correctly then that's our fault.
Personal responsibility. You know, people used to have that and it was taught by the parents to the children. God gives people a choice. How disappointed He must be these days.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
No disrespect, I would say yours is too. Do you hate your mother and father ? Well do ya ?

If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality