Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:22 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,945,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well, that settles it.

Hitler WAS a christian. He declared himself one, as to many on this board.
You never know Herr Schickelgruber may have repented along with Eva while in the bunker in his last days.. God is the final judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Arq is one of a truly rare breed: an ethical atheist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is insulting, as most atheists are ethical.
Quote:
Hence the wink.

Arq will get the joke.
Apparently, I need to make it clear that I was joking in my initial post. I have said more than once on this board that I have a great deal of respect for the intellectual rigor, honesty and fair play displayed by the vast majority of atheists on this forum.

I'm sorry for any offense. It was inadvertent.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:25 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
For my part, no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You never know Herr Schickelgruber may have repented along with Eva while in the bunker in his last days.. God is the final judgement.
Yep, if Hitler really repented for what he had done (he was probably ok on the Jesus -belief side already) then probably he was saved when he pulled the trigger and now he and Eva are singing praises in the heavenly host while the likes of Voltaire, Payne, Einstein, Clemens, Lincoln and Ghandi all burn in Hell.

Gotta admit divine Justice makes human morality look a bit too simple.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:51 PM

33,553 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Apparently, I need to make it clear that I was joking in my initial post. I have said more than once on this board that I have a great deal of respect for the intellectual rigor, honesty and fair play displayed by the vast majority of atheists on this forum.

Sorry, I missed your wink....

Old 06-28-2014, 08:15 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,325,782 times
Quote:

Apology refused. How dare you insult atheists? This is atheist persecution, I dare say! Next thing you know, you'll ban nothing just so we can't worship it!

---><---

Old 06-29-2014, 06:56 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Apology refused. How dare you insult atheists? This is atheist persecution, I dare say! Next thing you know, you'll ban nothing just so we can't worship it!

---><---
Please,. please.... We do not worship 'Nothing'. We merely reverence the concept of an absence of anything, which isn't at all the same thing. How can we expect theists to take us seriously is we don't define our dogmas accurately?

Old 06-29-2014, 08:53 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,325,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Please,. please.... We do not worship 'Nothing'. We merely reverence the concept of an absence of anything, which isn't at all the same thing. How can we expect theists to take us seriously is we don't define our dogmas accurately?
Because your karma ran over my dogma?

Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 AM

472 posts, read 385,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Who cares? Everyone sins, and there are no degrees of sin. So why the focus on Hitler?
Yes...many on this forum are not Christians...are you saying they and Hitler have something in common?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:32 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Yes...many on this forum are not Christians...are you saying they and Hitler have something in common?

Old 06-29-2014, 01:08 PM

472 posts, read 385,788 times
Man sees things in mans ways, and God sees things in Gods ways.

God created man. Man is God property. God created man to serve him, according to Gods laws. God has the right to do what he wants with his property.
Many complain when God takes, or does not save the live of a person(s).
Whatever God does is always for good…never for bad. Those he puts in the grave he can bring back to life…which he will do. Some to life, and some to judgment.

Those who judge him, will be judged by him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality