Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 10:03 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Again, HaSatan works for HaShem...
HaShew! I think I'm getting a cold.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:13 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
HaShew! I think I'm getting a cold.
HaSatan bless you!

Old 07-03-2014, 06:53 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
I believe a person is more likely to come face tot face with either the Judaic or Islamic concept of Satan (Shaytan / HaSatan) than they will with the Christian concept.

In the Islamic concept every Human has the ability to be a shaytan and probably will be one at some time in his/her life.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:51 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I believe a person is more likely to come face tot face with either the Judaic or Islamic concept of Satan (Shaytan / HaSatan) than they will with the Christian concept.
In the Islamic concept every Human has the ability to be a shaytan and probably will be one at some time in his/her life.
WE DO all have that internal Serpent in the reptilian portion of our brain, Wood.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:59 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Rush Limbaugh showed up?

Old 07-03-2014, 06:21 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
WE DO all have that internal Serpent in the reptilian portion of our brain, Wood.
Do you have any idea how ridiculous this looks to a non-believer.

A flippin' cartoon. The best is a cartoon?

I don't mean to be insulting, but really, do you know how this reflects on you and others with similar beliefs?

Old 07-03-2014, 07:11 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Do you have any idea how ridiculous this looks to a non-believer.
A flippin' cartoon. The best is a cartoon?
I don't mean to be insulting, but really, do you know how this reflects on you and others with similar beliefs?
You clearly do not understand the picture at all. It is no cartoon . . . though the artwork is mine. First it contains an actual photograph of the human brain . . . to highlight the various systems in simplistic fashion . . . to parallel the Eden myth to enhance understanding of what was really going on. The Serpent is actually the reptilian part of our brain and is responsible for all our motivations and autonomic functions along with the entire limbic system. It has no cognitive function so its drive generation is entirely indiscriminate. It will cause us to seek survival, and pleasure and avoid pain, period. It also cannot distinguish between reality and our imagination . . . so we can stimulate it into generating drives strictly using our imagination. Regardless HOW it receives the stimulation (reality or our imagination) it always gives consistent but indiscriminate answers. Our Big brain (Cerebrum) has to distinguish for it and decide which of the drives to actually respond to.

I have added a new thread to explain this more fully:http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...l-factory.html

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-03-2014 at 07:40 PM..

Old 07-04-2014, 05:10 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times
Quote:
You clearly do not understand the picture at all. It is no cartoon
Yes. It is. A cartoon. In a mass of shapes it is easy to find the shape you -want- to find. People find faces in the rocks of mars for example. All your cartoon is doing is adding just enough highlights to an image to attempt to lead the observers mind to the image -you- want them to see. It is a common parlour trick used by many charlatans. It is nothing new.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:05 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Yes. It is. A cartoon. In a mass of shapes it is easy to find the shape you -want- to find. People find faces in the rocks of mars for example. All your cartoon is doing is adding just enough highlights to an image to attempt to lead the observers mind to the image -you- want them to see. It is a common parlour trick used by many charlatans. It is nothing new.
I have to agree. It is like someone seeing the face of Jesus on a piece of toast and then going on to construct some Faith -based fantasy around it.

At least I now understand why Mystic seems unable to be able to allow repeated pwnage to percolate through the faith -carapace. Faith really has closed his mind.

P.s Look, I had a look at representations of the brain and the Thalamus does side on have a slight resemblance to a serpent - more particularly a cobra, but from other views, front on 3d, it was nothing like. And the Cerebellum needs the eye of faith to see it as a tree of any kind.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:58 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Perhaps it is intended to be an analogy, rather than an actual depiction?

Sort of like how electricity is sometimes shown. SEE HERE Copyright protected website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.