Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,473,281 times

Advertisements

I kind of like this guy

Former Evangelical Minister Has a New Message: Jesus Hearts Darwin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 04:32 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,391,276 times
I like him too.
And I have known a few people like him. I have worked with some devoutly religious physical anthropologists (I doubt there are many - it's a field that would be impossible to excel in without a firm understanding of evolution) who have added evolution into their worldview.
They all believe that God created the earth through the evolution.
They also were all for evolution being a required topic in public schools - and some wanted intelligent design to be taught too!
Fascinating.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 PM

5 posts, read 11,589 times
I'd place the Evolutionary Evangelist near the top of the Christian evolutionary scale.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:05 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,797,449 times
This one sentence says it all: "I still value the same concepts, but interpret them in a radically different way." <emphasis mine>

He's a compromiser on the word of God. It doesn't surprise me or shock me. There's plenty of people like him. He's the sort of "religious expert" evolutionists point to when they say folks like me (biblical creationist) are out of step and backward and unintelligent and whatever other derogatory arrow they sling at us. Just because there are Christians willing to compromise on the word of God doesn't make evolution any more true or creationism any less true, IMO.

The only truth I'm concerned most about is the word of God. And what it teaches clearly contradicts current evolutionary thinking. But, Mr. Dowd exposes himself by admitting he interprets God's word differently. That saddens me.

But, I see he has the love of the Lord... especially how he insults creationists by inferring we're still living in the 1st century and are uninformed scientifically. Yep, he's a real charmer that one.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:16 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,473,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
This one sentence says it all: "I still value the same concepts, but interpret them in a radically different way." <emphasis mine>

He's a compromiser on the word of God. It doesn't surprise me or shock me. There's plenty of people like him. .
I think what you really mean to say mams is that he is a compromiser on your beliefs. Ask almost any Muslim and they will tell you that a Christian is compromising the word of God. Vice versa as well.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,540,934 times
Quote:
He's a compromiser on the word of God.
He comprimises your interpretation of the word of God.

Big difference.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 PM

103 posts, read 92,568 times
Quote:
Interesting.. that's exactly what you say Creation Scientists do with evolution, paleontology and geology. I guess it works both ways eh?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:12 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,586,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I think what you really mean to say mams is that he is a compromiser on your beliefs. Ask almost any Muslim and they will tell you that a Christian is compromising the word of God. Vice versa as well.
How can a Muslim know that a Christian is compromising the word of God? Explain that one.. When it comes down to it, some people don't want any sense of right and wrong in their lives, so when the bible says something, everyone tries to discount it as false and misleading. Call me a crazy but what we're seeing is just the beginning of what Jesus said in the scriptures regarding the endtimes.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:26 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,391,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
How can a Muslim know that a Christian is compromising the word of God? Explain that one...
Can anything be more self-evident?
I can't speak for Muslims, but you can answer the question yourself by reversing the 2 terms: How can a Christian know that a Muslim is compromising the word of God?
Maybe you don't believe that Muslims are doing that. But if you do, then you have your answer.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:52 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,279,246 times
Quote:

He's a compromiser on the word of God. It doesn't surprise me or shock me. There's plenty of people like him. He's the sort of "religious expert" evolutionists point to when they say folks like me (biblical creationist) are out of step and backward and unintelligent and whatever other derogatory arrow they sling at us. Just because there are Christians willing to compromise on the word of God doesn't make evolution any more true or creationism any less true, IMO.

The only truth I'm concerned most about is the word of God. And what it teaches clearly contradicts current evolutionary thinking. But, Mr. Dowd exposes himself by admitting he interprets God's word differently. That saddens me.

But, I see he has the love of the Lord... especially how he insults creationists by inferring we're still living in the 1st century and are uninformed scientifically. Yep, he's a real charmer that one.
Great post, mams! It's sad what happens when you try to mix unbelief with belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Call me a crazy but what we're seeing is just the beginning of what Jesus said in the scriptures regarding the endtimes.
I agree! (they can call me crazy, too!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality