Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:49 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times

Advertisements

I'm really hoping my old, slow brain did not perceive that one poster thinks bones cannot be dated.

If that were so, we've convicted many a murderer on the basis of forensic science incorrectly telling us how old those bones were!

P.S. My bones are dated and I'm able to tell it every morning when I get up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 11:49 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Nope, didn't work.

Like Bill O'Reilly, I am a simple man who asks simple questions and hopes to receive simple answers.
The simple answer is the the Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs because the writers did not know about them, but those who believe that it was written by people who did have to explain it in other ways, and that gets complicated.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:51 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
With most questions, it is possible to get answers that are simple, and answers that are accurate. Pick which one you prefer.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:37 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Yup, gathered up animals from ALL over the Earth and put them and their food, and water supply in a boat that was built how big?.
Noah was provided with the instructional movie ..
"Honey, I shrunk the kids"

Old 03-11-2015, 07:52 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The simple answer is the the Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs because the writers did not know about them
Yes, that is a very simple answer.

Unfortunately, it does not address the question I asked:

Quote:
What if a person says the bones are in the ground because her god Allah put them there?

Do you think your scientists can prove her wrong?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
With most questions, it is possible to get answers that are simple, and answers that are accurate. Pick which one you prefer.
Can't rep you, but yes. The simple answers may be loose and inaccurate to the point of being almost misleading, but the idea is to get the idea over. Then any subsequent questions can be tidied up later.

Simple. Rocks were laid down in sequence over millions of years. The fossils found in them also follow a sequence and thus they evolved over millions of years.

That is the simple evidence for evolution being true. If Genesis doesn't reflect that, it is wrong. The arguments about abiogenesis, the Cambrian explosion, feathered dinosaurs, transitional forms, human evolution, whether we see it happening now, where speciation and macro evolution are demarked, are not, as the anti -evolutionists fondly believe, questions that will bring the edifice of Darwinism crashing down, but are merely (at best) questions that we can't answer yet in a fact that has been simply proven to be true. At worst (as we have seen) they range from misunderstood to blatantly dishonest.

True, if you can prove that rocks are not old, you have a start (though you still have stratification of strata sometime hundreds of feet thick) but RATE failed to make a case against the dating of rocks. In fact they firmed it up, since fossil radiation events put to bed what was only a possible objection to Uniform rates of decay, which objection previously logically needed to be proved. It has now been shown false and rates of radiation decay proved to be constant. Thus the dating of rocks is correct and fossils are millions of years old and show an evolution over that time. This is proven, and all that needs to be done is get the message over that quibbles about abiogenesis are irrelevant, that God's involvement is neither denied nor relevant, and that the creationists are either ignorant or lying and as usual I am never sure which it is.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-11-2015 at 08:45 AM..

Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
The Great Architect of the Universe designed and created everything we experience. I think that most Jewish, Muslim and Christian faiths would agree on this point. The exact details of how the designing happened, how the creation happened, and how things fell into their specific locations, is all up for debate and conjecture.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:15 AM

After, that is, scientifically validated evidence has staked its claim. The unanswered question is then fair game for the religions to speculate about, but speculation is all that it is.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:14 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
I doubt dinosaurs had any interest in religion.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:52 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Yes, that is a very simple answer.

Unfortunately, it does not address the question I asked:
But the simple answer you requesedt is a totally meaningless answer.

It is only a word game and you well know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality