Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 11:21 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,151,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
True Christians do not hate gays. We are to love one another. Jesus after all hanged out with the outcasts of society.

No one is perfect. Yet we are all born of sin. Only Jesus is the true hope of the world and he loves everyone.
Good for you on your choice.

Because one chooses not to engage in conduct that appears natural or is widely accepted does not mean a person inhibits their full potential or growth. People can lead rich and satisfying lives having a strong belief system and love for God.

According to the apostle Paul some of the earliest Christians were gay but they chose a different path as did others of various backgrounds.

You are correct about true Christians. True Christians do not hate others. Sin is sin whether it's committed by a heterosexual or homosexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 12:41 AM

30,904 posts, read 37,005,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
In the last 10 years it seems to me that Christians are waging a war with the gays.
Um, no. It goes back far longer than 10 years. In times past it was so repressed in society at large, they didn't really even have to bring it up.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,399,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
OP I disagree with the title of your thread, "I am much more of a Christian than a Gay person." You weren't born Christian, you were born gay. You can choose your religion, you can't choose your sexual orientation. Best of luck with your self-imposed restrictions. Not too long ago, it was common place for gay men to join the priesthood, and take vow of celibacy... well you know the results. You can't pray away the gay, as we learned through the failed Exodus International Program. I find it disturbing that you have to deny your authenticity in order to gain your god's love, and find acceptance in a rigid Christian community, but to each his own. Again, best of luck to you.
I need to correct you on one thing. The majority of men who sexually abuse young boys are actually heterosexual men with an attraction to women. This sort of sexual abuse against young boys is more opportunistic. Some men may be true pedophiles with no attraction to adults. There are many studies on this over the past 60 years. The results of the independent John Jay College of Criminal Justice investigation into sexual abuse in the Catholic Church also showed that.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:46 AM

Quote:
I don't think I can fully answer if I was born gay but we are born of sin. Everyone of us. Not all people that call themselves Christian or everyone in the very church I go to do not see homosexuality as a sin. Yet all sins including looking at lust with someone who you are not married to is a sin.

I see a bulk of these responses here are against my stance and with it the bible verse of entering the narrow gate is true:

Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
I don't think that was meant to mean 'narrow-minded'.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Do you understand what decision he made?
A rather sad one in my opinion. But it's his choice to make that decision, even if it's based on indoctrination.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Good for you on your choice.

Because one chooses not to engage in conduct that appears natural or is widely accepted does not mean a person inhibits their full potential or growth. People can lead rich and satisfying lives having a strong belief system and love for God.

According to the apostle Paul some of the earliest Christians were gay but they chose a different path as did others of various backgrounds.

You are correct about true Christians. True Christians do not hate others. Sin is sin whether it's committed by a heterosexual or homosexual.
But Paul never wrote of gay people at all, so where are getting that idea from? A poor interpretation of 1 Romans or 1 Cor 6:9?

Old 03-23-2015, 02:09 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,990,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I applaud you in your honesty and boldness. It certainly is not easy doing what you are doing. Just know that we all as believers wrestle against sin of all kinds. Your battle, although different, is still the same as all your other brethren. I think the scripture you have quoted here with Paul was the first one that came to mind reading your original post. Perhaps your calling maybe to focus on ministry. Everyone isn't called to be married. Some are called to devote their life to ministry. Although I don't know if that is what God has for you, that is something that I hope you consider.
I have a calling to be in the ministry. It will happen soon:

Ephesians 4:11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:12 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,990,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I don't think that was meant to mean 'narrow-minded'.
Of course I would not be liked by many due to my choice and it is written in scripture:
John 15:18-19"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you

Old 03-23-2015, 07:04 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times
Quote:
I am much more of a Christian than a Gay person. The Lord has created me and every one of us. He knew before we were born. Even though I was a sinner I gave my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my saviour and best friend.

I never choose to be gay, but I can choose to act out or not of my desires. With that I do choose to be obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Lord Jesus has given me new desires and even though I not attracted to women, the temptation I used to have a hold of my in regards to homosexual desires is not big now as the past. Yes I get tempted but it not to the point of where I really fall. The Lord does provide a way out.

Even though the world is increasing becoming accepting of homosexuality and sees nothing wrong with it, plus more and more churches are allowing gay marriages, the Lord is the same God has not changed, and intentions of God for marriage and sexuality is the same today as they were in the past.
then go start your own gay Christian church. Paul may care, Jesus doesn't. I don't want ya around my bars but Jesus don't care if yaz drink with him. so open you a bar while you are at it.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:25 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,659,213 times
Quote:
I have a calling to be in the ministry. It will happen soon:

Ephesians 4:11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers.
Let me guess, you are a recent covert? You've bitten by the religious bug. Right now this dogma seems new and exciting, but once the novelty fades hopefully you'll realize you are a good person with no need to impose archaic rules on yourself or other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality