Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 03:48 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,999,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Obviously it didn't occur to you that it was the way your life was being lived by such shallow,temporary and superficial relationships, not to mention drinking too much, etc was what was so unsatisfying.
The same could be said for any heterosexual person.
Changing the "lifestyle", as you put it, is understandable but that could be done without giving up who and what you are and the chance for the kind of sincere and loving (and sexual) relationship that other gay people have found.
I have done that and attended gay churches, I also have been part of gay organisations that where you can meet guys that are looking for relationships.

Yet God is far more important than considering finding a boyfriend. The temporary pleasures of life are just temporary, far greater things things are in store for me for the next life to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 06:56 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,018,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Is that you Franklin Graham? I will remind you again. You do not get to define my faith. I see how the enemy works. He is small and mean, and unable to open his arms wide to embrace others. It is easy to spot the enemy. Good heavens. No wonder God did not use sperm to create Jesus.
You just admitted that you are demon possessed. The statement I made wasn't even directed at you, but you made it about you because you already know the truth.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:15 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,632,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
You just admitted that you are demon possessed. The statement I made wasn't even directed at you, but you made it about you because you already know the truth.
Was this your aha moment? ahahahahaha I am amused, Grasshopper.

I simply point out to you ,as often as possible, the fact that God did not use sperm to create Jesus. You often prove the wisdom of that fact. I just like to reinforce it.

Again, the enemy is small, and mean, and stingy with God's love. One of us opens our arms, and the other does not. It is that simple.

It pleases me to answer your statements to others. I am here to point out your deficits. Grasshopper.

You do not define my faith, or speak for me to others. I will not allow this. I will stand and speak, every time.

Get behind me ,Grasshopper. I see our work is not done.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:57 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,675,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I have done that and attended gay churches, I also have been part of gay organisations that where you can meet guys that are looking for relationships.

Yet God is far more important than considering finding a boyfriend. The temporary pleasures of life are just temporary, far greater things things are in store for me for the next life to come.
It's is nice to believe that god has greater things in store for you in the next life, however while you are living on earth I'd suggest you see a therapist to discuss your addictions, and negative feelings you have about yourself and homosexuals in general. One would be foolishly myopic to believe that Biblical scripture can solve all problems. Please speak with nonjudgmental, mental health worker.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,640,073 times
Quote:
I already been to gay Christian churches yet they are not really Christian. What is missing is the geunine repentance of all your sins before Jesus Christ. In addition there is a rejection of much of the bible and the Bible is God word, and the Bible does not state that.

Timothy 3:16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

In addition as a Christian we are to keep the Lords commandments:

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. Rev. 22:14-15
well, nobody is innocent, nobody. And when I cast that stone and bust that head open in the sand, I know but not for the grace of god there go I.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:46 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,262,694 times
Quote:
Plus there were other reasons I was not happy with the gay lifestyle. Yes there was good, but there were ugly and not so nice and it was superficial and at times pretentious. An example is so many gays would judge much more on your looks rather that your personality. There were other reasons as well.
We are you from? I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and I am uglier than sin! I don't even have to dress up for Halloween, and I try to stay away from children and small animals. I seem to frighten them too much! I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a slingshot, she's afraid to get her fingers too close to me!

That being said I have tons of friends, and been with my partner for 18 years. But the most important thing really is what makes you happy, and what makes you feel good inside. If you have found that with your church I am very glad for you.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:41 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,999,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
We are you from? I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and I am uglier than sin! I don't even have to dress up for Halloween, and I try to stay away from children and small animals. I seem to frighten them too much! I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a slingshot, she's afraid to get her fingers too close to me!

That being said I have tons of friends, and been with my partner for 18 years. But the most important thing really is what makes you happy, and what makes you feel good inside. If you have found that with your church I am very glad for you.
I have never seen you but I would never call you ugly. Each person is unique and part of God creation.

I live in Australia. I did have a lot of gay friends when I was out and in the gay lifestyle. Yet today it is a different story. Going to church does not make you a Christian, yet it can really help you in your Christian walk. My church does allow gay people to visit there. People from all walks of life and backgrounds go there every week.

I love my church of course and I much rather go there than hang out at a bar on a Sunday.

For me what is most important in life is my relationship with Jesus and that is more important than attending a church.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:35 AM

750 posts, read 645,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Let me get this straight. Your gay but you do not 1) sleep with men and 2) do not masterbate?

Not sure if srs.
OP still waiting on this reply......

Old 03-27-2015, 08:38 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
OP still waiting on this reply......
He made the answer to your first question quite plain.

I wouldn't reply to the other one either. It's none of your business.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:43 AM

750 posts, read 645,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He made the answer to your first question quite plain.

I wouldn't reply to the other one either. It's none of your business.
Gonna be darn near impossible to be a Christian / Saved if you jerk off your entire life.

So unfortunately it is applicable in this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality