Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 03:23 PM

779 posts, read 483,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh no you just used some friendly terms like this:

"What could possibly go wrong with living your life by following ancient laws written by anonymous authors in dead languages by ignorant, racist, sexist, superstitious goat herding barbarians who believed that everything they couldn't explain in the world was magic?"

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds a tad bit disrespectful and angry. Well millions have lived their lives by the Word of God and will testify to power and blessing of being born again.
It's true jeff. These are the people that wrote your book to live by. I'm not angry at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 03:25 PM

I must be god too I just saved my post

Old 05-12-2015, 03:27 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
It's true jeff. These are the people that wrote your book to live by. I'm not angry at all.
You could have simply said you don't believe in Bible. No need to post four extremely disrespectful adjectives to rip the Bible apart. The rhetoric is telling.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:28 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
I don't need convincing. If nothing else, your responses have only served to strengthen my faith and prove the Bible. Good job on that.

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

Matthew 10:22
You are not hated. You are making unsubstantiated claims in public, and some people are pointing that out. Which, in your twisted way of thinking, only proves your unsubstantiated claims.

You are a victim of a sophisticated, self-reinforcing belief system with built-in defenses. I was too until a few years ago.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
I don't need convincing. If nothing else, your responses have only served to strengthen my faith and prove the Bible. Good job on that.

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

Matthew 10:22
Ahhhh... the hair shirt of fundamentalism. They love to use Jesus so they can feel better about their discrimination and prejudice. They tell the LGBT community they are sinners who should be ashamed and back in the closet. Then, when they get push-back (including push back from gay Christians) they say, "You hate us 'cause we follow Jesus!"

Fundamentalists, who won't follow Jesus' command to "love one another", have this odd idea he's OK with the way they treat the LGBT community. Which is, as is evidenced by this thread, not in any way Christian.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
You could have simply said you don't believe in Bible. No need to post four extremely disrespectful adjectives to rip the Bible apart. The rhetoric is telling.
The rhetoric was supposed to be telling. This is the origin of your beliefs. Not the pie in the sky sugar coating. Did I rip the bible apart? Not a very strong book then.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
The rhetoric was supposed to be telling. This is the origin of your beliefs. Not the pie in the sky sugar coating. Did I rip the bible apart? Not a very strong book then.
Oh the Bible has survived just fine for thousands of years despite haters like you who want to destroy it. You only ripped it apart in your mind.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ahhhh... the hair shirt of fundamentalism. They love to use Jesus so they can feel better about their discrimination and prejudice. They tell the LGBT community they are sinners who should be ashamed and back in the closet. Then, when they get push-back (including push back from gay Christians) they say, "You hate us 'cause we follow Jesus!"

Fundamentalists, who won't follow Jesus' command to "love one another", have this odd idea he's OK with the way they treat the LGBT community. Which is, as is evidenced by this thread, not in any way Christian.

Homosexuality is a sexual sin. The Bible says we are to flee from sexually immorality. I wouldn't give a thumbs up and say nothing if I had a neighbor who engaged in necrophilia in public view either.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You are not hated. You are making unsubstantiated claims in public, and some people are pointing that out. Which, in your twisted way of thinking, only proves your unsubstantiated claims.

You are a victim of a sophisticated, self-reinforcing belief system with built-in defenses. I was too until a few years ago.
Great, then atheists should have no problem conducting a friendly mockery free respectful discussion even though we disagree, right?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Oh the Bible has survived just fine for thousands of years despite haters like you who want to destroy it. You only ripped it apart in your mind.
Funny I wasn't the one saying I ripped it apart.

Like I said before I don't hate it or want to destroy it. (but whatever fits your narrative)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality