Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 12:19 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,753,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Why do you think that might be, jeff...?

Trout!!! Must I trot out those psychological studies again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 01:38 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,398,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Nation-wide health reports collected from the US CDC reveal that those practicing homosexuality have disproportionately high statistics of
-STDs
-HIV/AIDS and
-Mental Illness
Except despite you going from thread to thread lying about this, that is not what the statistics show at all. And I have entirely decimated every attempt by Jeff on this thread to pedal the same lies you are giving us.

The biggest note is that the statistics that have been quoted (at least Jeff cited them, you just mention them and run) do not actually refer to "practicing homosexuals" at all but a very specific subset of homosexuals known to already suffer from STD conditions.

Further despite multiple hit and run posts that you have made across this entire forum you have never once offered a citation related to the "mental illness" claims you make. Ever.

Quote:
2) Doctors warn of medical risks of anal sex: anal fissures, anal cancer, colon rupture and bacterial infection.
Anal sex is not homosexuality. They are entirely different things. We have already, multiple times, acknowledged on this thread that Anal Sex has enough risk factors to promote engaging with it safely, knowledgeable, and never promiscuously. So please do try to keep up.

Quote:
3) Children who have been raised by homosexual parents are speaking out against SSM because they suffered in various ways - especially in being denied a mother or father.
No. They are not. At all. You are simply lying.

What IS happening is that a tiny tiny handful of children have suffered at the hands of BAD PARENTS who just happened to be homosexual. And you are cherry picking those cases to feed them into your anti homosexual agenda and propaganda. But for every child of the... what..... 5.... that you have found we can find 10,000 more who have suffered just as badly at the hands of their bad heterosexual parents.

So your screed here has nothing at all to do with homosexuality. You are just twisting it to feed that narrative of hate.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Christians did mind their own business until gays starting bullying and demanding that they service their unholy unions.
Nothing of the sort has ever happened and you have been called on this numerous times. What HAS happened is that Laws that everyone has to follow were established, those laws are prosecuted on numerous subjects every month, and you have merely cherry picked the applications of that law related to homosexuality and constructed around it the most flimsy and transparent of "We are being persecuted as Christians" narratives that I have ever seen.

Quote:
No one should have to be forced or punished for not wanting to support something they are strongly against.
And no one is. They are being prosecuted from breaking anti discrimination laws that every business has to follow. It is you and you alone demanding legal exemption from the law based on religion and you whine incessantly when such exemptions are not granted.

The law is for everyone. You can have your faith and your religion on your OWN time. In public time however, you are not granted legal immunity based on what religious club house you have personally signed up for.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:23 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,685,988 times
Quote:
Maybe that's because I have over a dozen ppl responding at once to me. Ever think of that?
When you have over a dozen people disagreeing with you at once, you might want to rethink your stance. Ever think of that?

Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 AM

10,104 posts, read 5,773,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Except despite you going from thread to thread lying about this, that is not what the statistics show at all. And I have entirely decimated every attempt by Jeff on this thread to pedal the same lies you are giving us.

The biggest note is that the statistics that have been quoted (at least Jeff cited them, you just mention them and run) do not actually refer to "practicing homosexuals" at all but a very specific subset of homosexuals known to already suffer from STD conditions.
Decimated? All you did was dance around the topic and never clearly gave me a specific explanation as to how gay men are contracting HIV at an alarming rate if anal sex has nothing to do with it. You ignore link after link that practically screams at you that it is GAY MEN not heterosexuals who are the most affected by this disease. Promiscuity and anal sex are the reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

Anal sex is not homosexuality. They are entirely different things. We have already, multiple times, acknowledged on this thread that Anal Sex has enough risk factors to promote engaging with it safely, knowledgeable, and never promiscuously. So please do try to keep up.

But gay men are promiscuous. Education won't solve the problem. They know the risks yet do it anyways. Because sin is at the heart of homosexuality.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,268,858 times
Quote:
Decimated? All you did was dance around the topic and never clearly gave me a specific explanation as to how gay men are contracting HIV at an alarming rate if anal sex has nothing to do with it. You ignore link after link that practically screams at you that it is GAY MEN not heterosexuals who are the most affected by this disease. Promiscuity and anal sex are the reasons.

But gay men are promiscuous. Education won't solve the problem. They know the risks yet do it anyways. Because sin is at the heart of homosexuality.
No, SOME men and women are promiscuous. Gay, straight, doesn't matter some PEOPLE are promiscuous. Some are in long term monogamous relationships. Some are celibate. Some are waiting for marriage.

And if you want to base peoples rights based on HIV/AIDS rates, then only lesbians should have rights, since we have the LOWEST rates of HIV/AIDS transmission.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:04 AM

18,534 posts, read 9,229,594 times
That's the problem with the "gays/lesbians spread STDs" argument. Regular sex also spreads STDs. Jeff has a double standard, and it's been pointed out to him over and over. But he will continue to "ignore and repeat," which is the MO of Vizio and Eusebius as well.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Except that is all a lie from you. Firstly I have given many reasons for the rate of STDs in the Gay Community, including but not limited to explanations of why it is not as high as you claim it to be. I have not danced around anything, rather I have clarified the distortions and misrepresentations you have engaged in. And I have ignored not a single link, but opened every one of them and analysed them openly on this thread for you.

So no, not one thing you just said there is true. At all.

Quote:
Not remotely as much as you want to pretend they are, and few studies have shown it to be so. The few studies that did show it turned out to be horrifically biased. They pretended, for example, to be studying gay men as a whole. But they were not, they sourced ALL their gay men from known cruising locations where the promiscuous ones hang out.

As I said earlier in this thread, that it like pretending to do a study on the drinking habits of Americans, but source all your subjects for the study from the Early Ale House down the local Docks. It is not accurate. It is not useful. And above all it is NOT honest.

You are required, by your narrative, to pretend they are all having Anal Sex, yet studies do not bear this out and show it to be a minority practice.

You are required, by your narrative, to pretend they are all promiscuous, yet studies also do not bear this out.

By all means campaign to raise awareness of the dangers of promiscuity and unsafe anal sex. I do it too, so we would be brothers in arms at that one.

But your agenda to pretend those things are 1:1 synonymous with homosexuality when they are not.... and every attempt by you to pretend they are has been.... yes.... decimated..... is simply getting you nowhere except inundated with users replying to highlight your errors and biases.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:08 AM

26,122 posts, read 22,317,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well, they do make money off all this. Creating an enemy that needs to be fought. And of course, that requires a lot of propaganda (see Family Research Council). When I was in 7th grade, I went to some fundamentalist Bible camp and they told all the boys that if another boy ever touched our privates, we were to beat him. So we were literally being told that gay men were to be beaten!
I think being young, you misunderstood the intent. Sexual abuse is a very serious problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
If some man touched my privates, that's sexual assault.

Yes, he would get beaten.

If some man touched my daughter's privates without her explicit consent, that is sexual assault. He may get beaten.

If Joey and Stewie are over 18 and consensually touch each others privates, it's none of anyone else's business.

Context is important.
Exactly. When we talking about children being touched, whether by other children or adults, that is a major issue.

Quote:
She rants regularly about the horrors of anal sex.

Curious, I reckon.
Facts About Youth – Male Homosexual Behavior

Quote:
Christians did mind their own business until gays starting bullying and demanding that they service their unholy unions.
Bakers face $135,000 fine for refusing to make cake for gay wedding | Fox News
Exclusive: Florist who refuses to do gay wedding speaks out | Fox News
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gle...-weddings.html
Gov
Farm owners fined for saying no to lesbian wedding - Religion News Service
Quote:
And the business owners demanded their rights of religious freedom which is #1 in the Constitution. No one should have to be forced or punished for not wanting to support something they are strongly against.
Gay Persecution of Christians: The Latest Evidence - Crisis Magazine

Should I continue on with more examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Can't stay away from the homosexual threads long, eh? They certainly fascinate you more than guns and violence, more than hunger and poverty, and more than healthcare for all or orphaned children having parents who care for them.

Yes, your priorities are quite those of the modern Christian of the last 35 years. It's just that they haven't a single thing to do with following Christ.

"You foolish ones, did not He who made the outside make the inside also? But give that which is WITHIN as charity, and then all things are clean for you."
Luke 11:41-42

If you don't have anything within to give--then you spend time pointing fingers at groups of people of whom you are absolutely ignorant.

Then again, to be charitable myself, perhaps it's that latent tendency that is psychologically driving you.
Stay away from the homosexual threads at C-D? Well, first, everyone is entitled to their opinion. SO many threads looking to be about something else are really, "Just another gay thread" promoting the agenda: The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
You don't create these threads, but you have to most responses 137 so far, just in this thread about homosexuals.
What should he be thinking about? And, any intelligent human being here knows that trying to say that someone is a latent homosexual is nothing more than trying to get them not to post. All the ploys get really old. Ah, and the buzz words, "hate", "hater" and "homophobe", really, get some new material.

Quote:
Why do you think that might be, jeff...?

I think he wishes to express his opinion on homosexuality. And, that is wrong because? I think there are many who share his thoughts, myself being one. With all the "hate" expressed toward people that believe that shoving homosexuality down people throats and trying to keep it in the press that we will be desensitized to it, it is surprising that anyone still posts but I am seeing more posts where people are standing up and saying that we are tired of it. Do what you want but leave us alone.

CDC ? Fact Sheet - Gay and Bisexual Men ? Gender ? Risk ? HIV/AIDS and Search Results - Mayo Clinic

I believe the "hate", "depression" and "paranoia" come from within. It is hard to go against what you feel in your heart is the right thing to be doing even if it feels good to the physical you.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:04 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,685,988 times
Quote:

If you are going to make the sweeping generalization that "gay men are promiscuous" I will tell you that men in general are promiscuous, heterosexual men are just as promiscuous as gay men, if not more due to the number of women available to them.

How is "sin at the heart of homosexuality" when monogamous gay couples are asking for same sex marriage? Marriage will discourage promiscuity. Jeff, it seems anyone who doesn't agree with Christian doctrine is a sinner, why so many posts about a small population of gay people?

When it comes to sinners, you really should be casting a wider net, starting with but not limited to adulterers looking to remarry. Wouldn't it be just as sinful to bake a wedding cake for an adulterer's second, or third wedding? Why does the sin of adultery get a pass?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality