Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 03:51 PM

16,744 posts, read 15,769,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I will once again call you a liar based on the statements you made regarding me. You have flat-out lied about what I said. I never said that homosexuals did not learn from their "death camp lessons".

My message? By stating that someone did not learn by being treated horribly that persecution is bad? That they are now persecuting others? You think God has a problem with me calling someone a hypocrite?
Here is the post you quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Gay Nazi? You use the word with such relish. You do know homosexuals were killed at the hand of the Reich along with their families. They were persecuted, and tortured ,and experimented on. They were beaten and starved.

You are not being persecuted, tortured, killed or starved. Your are not being experimented on either.

You are be held accountable for you discrimination against the LGBT community.
And, here is your reply. What you did say was: "Sadly, homosexuals didn't learn a darn thing from what the Nazis did to them."

Quote:
Ironic, isn't it? Now they're telling Christians and everyone else how to think, how to live, how to conduct business, etc. Sadly, homosexuals didn't learn a darn thing from what the Nazis did to them. I have no doubt in my mind that if allowed, Christians would be beaten and starved by the fascists.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:03 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,962,461 times
Father- who art in Heaven

Son- who died on the cross for our sins These three entities Equal 1 God

Holy Spirit- that dwells within us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 05:38 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,119,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post

Son- who died on the cross for our sins These three entities Equal 1 God
He died BECAUSE of our sins...

Old 05-07-2015, 07:18 PM

23,270 posts, read 10,561,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Does anyone else find it creepy that both Vizio and RonkonkomaNative think they know the mind of God?

Can't the whole "gay" debate be fought without invoking the authority of supernatural beings?
This forum is filled with people like that, I never saw so many god's and messiahs in one place.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:56 PM

28,139 posts, read 30,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Father- who art in Heaven
You say He's in Heaven, but is this really what you believe -- that the Father is actually "in Heaven"?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:51 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,108,011 times
Quote:

1800 years ago it was declared that anyone that does not believe the Trinity is a heretic. So, really...the historical Christian faith would not consider those groups to be Christians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The doctrine of Trinity came about in 325 A.D....
What was the take on Trinity prior to that time?

Old 05-07-2015, 09:11 PM

63,999 posts, read 40,305,851 times
Quote:
Does it make sense that there is a difference between those that associate with Christianity and those that actually adhere to the doctrines of Christianity?
That is only for God to decide, Vizio . . . not you or any other human.
Quote:
1800 years ago it was declared that anyone that does not believe the Trinity is a heretic. So, really...the historical Christian faith would not consider those groups to be Christians.
It makes zero difference to God whether or not we think someone is a Christian. God is the ONLY judge who matters. Try to understand that, Vizio. Only human vanity and hubris would motivate any other view.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:37 PM

22,670 posts, read 19,361,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is only for God to decide . . . not any other human. God is the ONLY judge who matters. Only human vanity and hubris would motivate any other view.
i like this.
for me language that is inclusive is so much more harmonious and peaceful and sincere

there is a world of difference between someone saying to me "we are all children of a loving Creator"
instead of being told I am "really" this or that religion

I know someone has my best interests at heart when their language is inclusive
whereas as soon as they say "and this is the only way" they have a human agenda

if people want to show respect to others, then here is a good litmus test....speak and post without ever mentioning the name of any religion or religious person. Just speak in plain simple language, heart to heart

word of difference

Old 05-07-2015, 09:41 PM

28,139 posts, read 30,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if people want to show respect to others, then here is a good litmus test....speak and post without ever mentioning the name of any religion or religious person. Just speak in plain simple language, heart to heart

word of difference
I'm going to rep you for this, but first I wanted to publicly state how awesome I think this particular statement actually is.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:28 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,962,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You say He's in Heaven, but is this really what you believe -- that the Father is actually "in Heaven"?

Where do you think he is, huh ? You do believe in God don't you ? I believe He is everywhere, how about you ? You have a problem with the Trinity, huh ? Don't you say your prayers at night ? Our Father who art in Heaven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality