Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 04:32 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times

Advertisements

Documentary_hypothesis/Genesis

Yahwist:

21And YHWH God causeth a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he sleepeth, and He taketh one of his ribs, and closeth up flesh in its stead.
22And YHWH God buildeth up the rib which He hath taken out of the man into a woman, and bringeth her in unto the man;
23and the man saith, `This [is] the [proper] step! bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh!' for this it is called Woman, for from a man hath this been taken;
24therefore doth a man leave his father and his mother, and hath cleaved unto his wife, and they have become one flesh.
25And they are both of them naked, the man and his wife, and they are not ashamed of themselves.

8And they hear the sound of YHWH God walking up and down in the garden at the breeze of the day, and the man and his wife hide themselves from the face of YHWH God in the midst of the trees of the garden.
9And YHWH God calleth unto the man, and saith to him, `Where [art] thou?'
10and he saith, `Thy sound I have heard in the garden, and I am afraid, for I am naked, and I hide myself.'
11And He saith, `Who hath declared to thee that thou [art] naked? of the tree of which I have commanded thee not to eat, hast thou eaten?'
12and the man saith, `The woman whom Thou didst place with me -- she hath given to me of the tree -- and I do eat.'
13And YHWH God saith to the woman, `What [is] this thou hast done?' and the woman saith, `The sneaky snake snaked me and I did eat.'
14And YHWH God to the serpent, `That you did this:
Cursed Atha (Qayin) from all the behemah and from all living creatures of the field upon thy gushing you Lochos, and little ones thou eat, all day of thy life; and hostility I set between you and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;
he hurt thee -- first, and Atha you hurt him -- last.'

19by the sweat of thy face thou dost eat bread
until thy (re)turning to the Rhadimah that [which] from her you took.
That little one (Atha) and all little one you (re)turn.'
20And the man calleth his wife's name Eve: for she hath been mother of all living.
21And YHWH God doth make to the man and to his wife coats of skin, and doth clothe them.
22And YHWH God saith, `Lo, the man became as one of Us to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take indeed of the tree of the living ones, and eat and live to eternity,' --
23YHWH God sendeth him forth from the garden of Eden to serve the Adamah which he take from name;

Last edited by granpa; 06-25-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 04:33 PM

Elohist:

27And God created the Adam in His shadow; in the shadow of God He prepared him, a male and a female He created them.
28And God blesseth them, and God saith to them, `Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over every living thing that is creeping upon the earth.'
29And God saith, `Lo, I have given to you every herb sowing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which [is] the fruit of a tree sowing seed, to you it is for food;

31And the serpent (named "Good and Evil") hath been crafty above every beast of the field which YHWH God hath made, and he saith unto the woman, `Is it true that God hath said, Ye do not eat of every tree of the garden?'
2And the woman saith unto the serpent, `Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we do eat,
3and of the fruit of the tree (of the living ones) which [is] in the middle of the garden God hath said,
Ye shall eat of it not, ye shall die.'
4And the serpent saith unto the woman,
Ye shall eat it, not ye shall die-die,
5for God doth know that in the day of your eating of it -- your eyes have been opened, and ye be like God.'
6Knowing good and evil, the woman seeth that the tree [is] good for food, and that it [is] pleasant to the eyes, and the tree is desirable to make [one] wise, and she taketh of its fruit and eateth, and giveth also to her husband with her, and he doth eat;
7and the eyes of them both are opened, and they know that they [are] naked, and they sew fig-leaves, and make to themselves girdles.

16Unto the woman He said, `Multiplying I multiply thy sorrow and thy conception, in sorrow dost thou bear children, and toward thy husband [is] thy desire, and he doth rule over thee.'
17And to the man He said, `Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy wife, and dost eat of the tree concerning which I have charged thee, saying,
Thou dost not eat of it. Curse you the Rhadimah in your crossing
in sorrow thou dost eat of it all days of thy life,
18and thorn and bramble it doth bring forth to thee, and thou hast eaten the herb of the field;

24and he expelled the Rhadim and causeth to dwell from before to garden Eden the cherubs
and flame the sword the spinning round to keep the way of the tree of living ones

Last edited by granpa; 06-25-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 04:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Is there a point?

Old 06-25-2015, 04:59 PM

ask God. He wrote it

Old 06-26-2015, 06:47 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
ask God. He wrote it
Thinking of starting a new denomination, based on your findings?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:28 AM

689 posts, read 494,929 times
Quote:
ask God. He wrote it
GARBAGE! It is a purely human production!

Old 06-26-2015, 08:52 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
ask God. He wrote it
You're the one copying/pasting, and editing the text. I was just curious what you intended to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality