Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 11:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And I will not stay silent and allow your position to destroy the right of freedom of religion in favor of an immoral lifestyle. All I see is one sided activism. Your side acts like gay rights should trump everyone else almost to the extent that we should all bow down and worship homosexuality. They are heroes to be congratulated by the POTUS! I'm not the only one who feels like the world has gone bonkers in the last few years. Even the justices admitted that this ruling is setting the stage for a battle between Christianity and homosexuality.

You got your civil rights now. That should be the end of it. So will you just be quiet and leave Christians alone now? I sincerely doubt it. This ruling will only empower those to attack Christians even more feriously.

Poor jeff and his fellow fundavangelists. Beset on all sides by truth, justice and equality.

Tsk, tsk. Poor, poor dears. However will they cope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 11:17 AM

939 posts, read 795,730 times
Not if it's a church that is interested in Gods Holy standards. If it's a church (like many of them) that wants to compromise to the worlds standards, then allow it!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:20 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
And I will not stay silent and allow your position to destroy the right of freedom of religion in favor of an immoral lifestyle. All I see is one sided activism. Your side acts like gay rights should trump everyone else almost to the extent that we should all bow down and worship homosexuality. They are heroes to be congratulated by the POTUS! I'm not the only one who feels like the world has gone bonkers in the last few years. Even the justices admitted that this ruling is setting the stage for a battle between Christianity and homosexuality.

You got your civil rights now. That should be the end of it. So will you just be quiet and leave Christians alone now? I sincerely doubt it. This ruling will only empower those to attack Christians even more feriously.
A very wise man from the 19th century had this to say about Christianity, his father was a Methodist minister.

Christians tell me that they love their enemies, and yet all I ask is, not that they love their enemies, not that they love their friends even, but that they treat those who differ from them, with simple fairness. We do not wish to be forgiven, but we wish Christians to so act that we will not have to forgive them.

maybe it's time for Christian fundamentalists to heed these words and start acting like real Christians

Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
That thudding sound you hear is ptsum's sensible post bouncing off Christian fundashields.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
I'm not the only one who feels like the world has gone bonkers in the last few years.
True. The Duggars agree with you.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:40 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:

Jeff

Are these the kind of Christians the gays should ignore?

'Kill All Gays' Pastor Steven Anderson Compares Gay People To Ax Murderers, Hitler - VIDEO - Towleroad

Christian proposes bill which makes it legal to murder gay people | Metro News

How American Evangelism Triggered the Murder of Gays Overseas | Alternet

Christian Right Leader Lauds Uganda Dictator as 'Kill the Gays' Bill Is Revived | Alternet

Failed Christian shoe promoter makes anti-gay first-person shooter | Ars Technica

Addicting Info – “Christian” Pastor At Mega-Chruch Calls On Gays To Be “Put To Death”

California Attorney General asks judge to halt 'Kill gays' ballot initiative | Christian News on Christian Today

Is it OK for Christians to advocate for the outlawing or even the murdering of gays but not for gays to be able to ask for their own church to recognize them, or for people to not be able to discriminate against them. Now in Texas they are making it OK for public servants to refuse service to citizins of Texas due to religious beliefs.

Calling for the dealth of gays is religious freedom, saying that this is not a correct thing to do is considered hate speech and anti Christian.

If you want for each and every single homosexual person to be responsible for the words of any one homosexual person then you should take responsibilty for what the people mentioned in the links have to say.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:41 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
A very wise man from the 19th century had this to say about Christianity, his father was a Methodist minister.

Christians tell me that they love their enemies, and yet all I ask is, not that they love their enemies, not that they love their friends even, but that they treat those who differ from them, with simple fairness. We do not wish to be forgiven, but we wish Christians to so act that we will not have to forgive them.

maybe it's time for Christian fundamentalists to heed these words and start acting like real Christians
Is it truly love and fairness to stand idlely by while someone walks off a cliff? A good friend warns you when you are doing something wrong even if it offends you. The problem with your position is you refuse to seperate hate the sin, love the sinner. I think this article does a good job of showing the balance:

First we have:

Quote:

Five Things Jesus Says to the Gay Community:

1. I love you.
Amidst the protest signs, yelling crowds and political referendums, the simple message of Jesus’ love for you is often drowned out. Never doubt that Jesus loves you more than you could ever know.

Jesus doesn’t just love a future version of you; He loves you exactly as you are right now. Jesus’ love for you has no prerequisites or requirements.

Even if you hate Him, Jesus loves you and wants what is best for you.

Love is at the core of everything Jesus taught. Unfortunately, His message of love has been conveniently left out by many who would rather make a point than make a difference (John 3:16; 1 John 4:8-10; Romans 5:8; Psalm 86:15).
But we also have this:

Quote:

4. I want more for you.

God created marriage and sex for your enjoyment. Sex was created for one man and one woman within the covenant of marriage, and it has been that way from the beginning. Anything else is sin.

Sin is not a fun word or a comfortable topic, but Jesus will not stop bringing it to our attention because we will miss out on life with Him if sin is left unaddressed. You may think Jesus is trying to take the one thing you enjoy or spoil your fun, but that is not the case. The reason He clearly defined marriage and sex in the Bible is because He wants what is best for you.

Ignore the political arguments, the protestors and the yelling. Jesus wants you to trust Him.

Trust that He has good things in store for you. Trust that He wants what is best for you. Before you decide that what you feel is right, decide if you trust Him (Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 3:17-21; 1 Timothy 2:4).
5 Things Jesus Says to the Gay Community

Old 06-29-2015, 11:43 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
True. The Duggars agree with you.
Probably so since they are a Godly family.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:48 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:

My faith does not allow discrimination. It is simple. Believe what you will. Your beliefs will not interfere with the civil rights of your brothers and sisters the community.

There has never been an expectation for us to worship homosexuality. There is an expectation of respecting their rights even though you disagree with them.

My side is always on the side of the poor, the marginalized, and suppressed. Your brothers and sisters of the LGTBQ community were granted some of their civil rights. I will be fighting for the remainder. This was just a start.

There was a time when we approved of separate but equal laws. Women were not allowed to vote. Women were not allowed to own property. Interracial marriage was against the law. Blacks had to sit at the back of the bus. It is hard to imagine in this day and age.

There is no reason for me to be quiet about anything. Why should I? Because you do not approve? Jeff, I have never needed your approval. I just needed to move you aside so others can gain the same rights you and I enjoy.

My faith does not allow silence on these matters. Civil rights and fighting for the poor and marginalized has been, and continues to be a lifelong mission. That, and cake.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Probably so since they are a Godly family.
Godly families hide child molestation in their house?

So glad I'm not part of a "Godly family"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality