Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 04:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
A slippery slope argument that's been brought up a thousand times. Vizio, I'm going to ask you a question, which you'll probably ignore:

Have you suffered, in any physical way, because two random women halfway across the country were allowed to get married yesterday?
I've responded with the same response every time this question has been asked: How is that a relevant question? You would not be harmed if a man wanted to marry his daughter. Should that be allowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 04:04 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I do not fear your god-n-the-tiny-box..

My GOD of love can beat up your god-n-the-tiny-box.

My God says:

I have shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
What does it mean to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly (Micah 6:8)? So, is that small portion of the Bible the entire basis of your faith? In the explanation, "living with a sense of right and wrong". That's sort of open to interpretation in a big way.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:22 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If you'd like to start a thread on slavery, go ahead. Why hijack this one?

I thought it was relavent. I posted that other are also not in the Bible. Not an attempt to hijack a thread. But I will remember not to do so next time and to remind you as well next time you post something I donot think is relavent.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:34 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Seeing as this is not in the Christianity section, marriage could also be between gods such as Fredya and Odin.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:44 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What does it mean to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly (Micah 6:8)? So, is that small portion of the Bible the entire basis of your faith? In the explanation, "living with a sense of right and wrong". That's sort of open to interpretation in a big way.
The two greatest commandments are also part of that foundation.

And just how do you interpret it? I thought god's word was CLEAR and never confusing?

Old 07-22-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
If you'd like to start a thread on slavery, go ahead. Why hijack this one?
Because Exodus 21:7-10 states a man can sell his daughter into servitude, and the buyer can give that woman to his son and that the woman is now to be treated as his own daughter..so god seems to think buying a woman and giving her to your son as a wife is just peachy keen..

Old 07-23-2015, 11:50 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
I've responded with the same response every time this question has been asked: How is that a relevant question? You would not be harmed if a man wanted to marry his daughter. Should that be allowed?
It's a relevant question because you continually act as though you are personally injured because of same-sex marriage.

To address your question:

There are proven genetic dangers connected to inbreeding.

There are none -- none at all -- with same-sex marriage.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Having sex with your daughter is okay with God, so many he will let you marry your daughter? If God says no to marriage, He is more than likely OK with grandchildren?

Old 07-24-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Having sex with your daughter is okay with God, so many he will let you marry your daughter?
No. It isn't. Scripture explicitly condemns such things.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
It's a relevant question because you continually act as though you are personally injured because of same-sex marriage.
I've never argued that it causes me personal harm.
Quote:
To address your question:

There are proven genetic dangers connected to inbreeding.

There are none -- none at all -- with same-sex marriage.
So? There are specific health issues related to gay sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality