Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:01 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You can believe whatever you want. However, the reality is that pedophilia has to do with availability and control. If you didn't believe that, why didn't you question it when Ronk told you that before? She knows a lot more about this issue than either you or I, so I defer to her judgement.

BTW, nothing in anything I posted in this thread even hinted that I think sexual preference is not hard-wired. You know it is not a choice, whether you admit it or not. You know that because you never sat down and made a decision to be a heterosexual after giving all the options equal and careful consideration.
You're certainly entitled to your opinions. I've never suggested otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 06:58 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm sorry. I don't believe that a man that likes pre-teen and teen boys is not gay. Perhaps you're willing to buy that, but I'm not.
How about a 40 year old man who likes 14 year old girls? What is he?

There are people - men and women, straight and gay, who are "into" teenagers. That does not make them pedophiles, because pedophiles are specifically interested in pre-pubescent children. But I'm sure you already know that and it's been explained to you before. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

Anyway, there are 14 year old girls being sold off to men in their 20s, 30s, and up as child brides in arranged marriages. Happens every day, all over the world. Are those men pedophiles? Would you consider a straight man who likes looking at teenage girls a pedophile? A sexual deviant? A normal, red-blooded male? I'm curious to hear your answers.

Regardless, people who prey on children will find a way to get involved with children (that is, until they're caught) - teachers, coaches, pastors, youth pastors, after school care givers, babysitters, what have you. Religion has nothing to do with it, heterosexuality/homosexuality has nothing to do with it, and you know it.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

There are people - men and women, straight and gay, who are "into" teenagers. That does not make them pedophiles, because pedophiles are specifically interested in pre-pubescent children. But I'm sure you already know that and it's been explained to you before. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

Anyway, there are 14 year old girls being sold off to men in their 20s, 30s, and up as child brides in arranged marriages. Happens every day, all over the world. Are those men pedophiles? Would you consider a straight man who likes looking at teenage girls a pedophile? A sexual deviant? A normal, red-blooded male? I'm curious to hear your answers.

Regardless, people who prey on children will find a way to get involved with children (that is, until they're caught) - teachers, coaches, pastors, youth pastors, after school care givers, babysitters, what have you. Religion has nothing to do with it, heterosexuality/homosexuality has nothing to do with it, and you know it.
But he does his best to ignore what he knows.

And he does it well.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Do you really see no difference between a man being attracted to a 13 year old girl or a 13 year old boy? Or a 4 year old boy and a 13 year old girl?
Homosexuality.

Pedophilia.

Not the same. Should not be lumped together to demonize the gay community.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:20 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:

Still waiting, Vizio.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Still waiting, Vizio.
The line forms on the left.

Viz has a knack for ignoring whatever his go-to-god-guru, Matt "The Oil" Slick, doesn't have a pre-scripted answer for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality