Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2015, 02:58 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You have been shown multiple times , and have it readily available at your fingertips through numerous sites that teach evolutionary biology. If I thought for one second that you were serious in actually considering what is presented to you I might bother linking a few of the better and simpler sites for you, but I know that would be a waste of time , since you do not have the courage to consider the information presented.

Aside from that, I realize you are a waste of time in general. Im not sure whether you are truly the most obtuse and unknowledgeable creationist I have ever met , supplanting the previous winner from an origins of life forum that actually shuts down today , or if you are a Poe doing a brilliant job of mocking creationism and its hapless and dull witted adherents. Im sort of betting on the latter , based on my belief that no self respecting adult trying to have a serious exchange of ideas would continually make himself look like a slow witted 6 yr old trying to respond to the barbs of his playmates, but who simply cant think of anything original to say himself , so he apes their barbs verbatim back at them , as you continually do in this thread .

Either way, dull witted creationist or deeply committed Poe , you or your fake persona are simply a waste of good time for anyone wanting an honest and intelligent discussion of any issue.

Have a nice life.
And there you have it folks. wallflash was asked to provide proof humans evolved from simpler forms and his proof? His proof:
"You have been shown multiple times , and have it readily available at your fingertips through numerous sites that teach evolutionary biology."

Then the name calling: "obtuse, unknowlegeable, Poe, a slow witted 6 year old, dull witted creationist or Poe, fake persona."

You can tell when someone is backed into a corner. They strike out at the one trying to help them.

You have no proof humans evolved from simpler life forms. You only have cartoons and say-so from people who espouse your faith-based belief in evolution.

I did what wallflash suggested and did another GOOGLE search on "Did humans evolve from single cell" and found this from National Geographic entitled:

All Species Evolved From Single Cell, Study Finds

But look what they start with:

"All life on Earth evolved from a single-celled organism that lived roughly 3.5 billion years ago, a new study seems to confirm."

Notice the catch word "seems? And what is the proof? Just a bunch of number crunching statistical mumbo jumbo. And yet this writer has the temerity to condemn creationism by saying "the independent origin of humans is an absolutely horrible hypothesis," based on his number crunching. But evolution is just an hypothesis. I would counter that evolution from a single cell to human is an absolutely horrible hypothesis.

Within the article it is written: "(As of publication time, requests for interviews with several creationist scientists had been either declined or unanswered.)" They are probably too embarrassed this guy would come to the conclusions he has.

There's your proof folks. Would you trust an article that supposedly PROVES evolution when it begins with "seems"? I wouldn't. Your evolution is faith-based.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 03:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Walk across my swimming pool.
I have walked across lakes before so your swimming pool should be no problem . . . as long as it's frozen.

These two farmers were bored and so built an ice skating rink in the middle of their field.
A shepherd came along with a bunch of sheep but the sheep would not walk across the frozen rink.
So they watched that shepherd grab each sheep and pull it across the ice.
The one farmer remarked to the other, "Look at that. I believe that guy is trying to pull the fleece over our ice."

Old 10-31-2015, 04:12 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And there you have it folks. wallflash was asked to provide proof humans evolved from simpler forms and his proof? His proof:
"You have been shown multiple times , and have it readily available at your fingertips through numerous sites that teach evolutionary biology."

Then the name calling: "obtuse, unknowlegeable, Poe, a slow witted 6 year old, dull witted creationist or Poe, fake persona."

You can tell when someone is backed into a corner. They strike out at the one trying to help them.

You have no proof humans evolved from simpler life forms. You only have cartoons and say-so from people who espouse your faith-based belief in evolution.

I did what wallflash suggested and did another GOOGLE search on "Did humans evolve from single cell" and found this from National Geographic entitled:

"All life on Earth evolved from a single-celled organism that lived roughly 3.5 billion years ago, a new study seems to confirm."

Notice the catch word "seems? And what is the proof? Just a bunch of number crunching statistical mumbo jumbo. And yet this writer has the temerity to condemn creationism by saying "the independent origin of humans is an absolutely horrible hypothesis," based on his number crunching. But evolution is just an hypothesis. I would counter that evolution from a single cell to human is an absolutely horrible hypothesis.

Within the article it is written: "(As of publication time, requests for interviews with several creationist scientists had been either declined or unanswered.)" They are probably too embarrassed this guy would come to the conclusions he has.

There's your proof folks. Would you trust an article that supposedly PROVES evolution when it begins with "seems"? I wouldn't. Your evolution is faith-based.
LOL..."seems" is a lot more than you have.....By the way there is no such thing as proof in science only evidence...Proof is for alcohol and math.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:02 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:

So puzzle me this; When I ask you to provide proof or evidence to support your assertian that we are fools you come up with some obtuse mumbo jumbo that makes you look the fool but when wallflash gets you in a corner you come out with a clever and deflecting dance as in the above. Don't you like me?

wallflash is right isn't he? You are just playing a game here. You are no more a creationist than we are!

And you are doing more than we are in making creationist look wrong. Very clever!

Last edited by 303Guy; 10-31-2015 at 05:26 PM..

Old 10-31-2015, 05:14 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
So puzzle me this; When I ask you to provide proof or evidence to support your assertian that we are fools you come up with some obtuse mumbo jumbo that makes you look the fool but when wallfish gets you in a corner you come out with a clever and deflecting dance as in the above. Don't you like me?

wallfish is right isn't he? You are just playing a game here. You are no more a creationist than we are!

And you are doing more than we are in making creationist look wrong. Very clever!

Of course he is. You really think a grown man trying to post seriously apes what others say as much as Eusie does?

He just errs and lays the stupid bit on too thick at times.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:27 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Sorry, I got your handle wrong! I've corrected it now.

You have to give Eusie credit. He keeps us on our toes and keeps the threads going.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:21 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Sorry, I got your handle wrong! I've corrected it now.

You have to give Eusie credit. He keeps us on our toes and keeps the threads going.

He is good for some laughs .

Old 10-31-2015, 06:58 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
In the case of the evolutionist it most definitely is faith based.
It's clear you have no intelligence with respect to how a Scientific Theory becomes a Theory. It does not become a Theory based on faith.

It's impossible uphold a Theory simply with faith.

Faith is a belief not based on proof or evidence. This is what you are doing with your religion. Nonsensical faith.
Quote:
Neither you nor any scientist has any evidence humans evolved from simpler organisms.
It's already been proven.

However, the Theory of Evolution does encompass ideas and evidence regarding life's origins (e.g., whether or not it happened near a deep-sea vent, which organic molecules came first, etc.), but this is not the central focus of evolutionary theory. Most of evolutionary biology deals with how life changed after its origin. Regardless of how life started, afterwards it branched and diversified, and most studies of evolution are focused on those processes.

Perhaps you should look at the phylogenetic trees of human evolution.
Quote:
Obviously your ideology has taken a nasty hit or you wouldn't be barking so loudly.
Taken a nasty hit? What are you talking about?

Evolutionary theory is not in crisis; scientists accept evolution as the best explanation for life's diversity because of the multiple lines of evidence supporting it, its broad power to explain biological phenomena, and its ability to make accurate predictions in a wide variety of situations. Scientists do not debate whether evolution took place, but they do debate many details of how evolution occurred and occurs in different circumstances. Anti-evolutionists may hear the debates about how evolution occurs and misinterpret them as debates about whether evolution occurs. Evolution is sound science and is treated accordingly by scientists and scholars worldwide.

We have learned a lot about evolution since Darwin's time. Today, we understand the genetic basis for the inheritance of traits, we can date many events in the fossil record to within a few hundred thousand years, and we can study how evolution has shaped development at a molecular level. These advances — ones that Darwin likely could not have imagined — have expanded evolutionary theory and made it much more powerful; however, they have not overturned the basic principles of evolution by natural selection and common ancestry that Darwin and Wallace laid out, but have simply added to them. It's important to keep in mind that elaboration, modification, and expansion of scientific theories is a normal part of the process of science.

For more on about evolutionary misconceptions you really should look over this link: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolib...ptions_faq.php

The only one who has been parking up the ignorance tree for the past several days is you...its not helping your case.

Last edited by Matadora; 10-31-2015 at 07:50 PM..

Old 10-31-2015, 07:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
The FODI is especially impenetrable when dealing with the dishonest.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:57 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Eusebius I have a genuine question that has just occurred to me.
Do you understand was a fossil is?

If so what is your explanation for them?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality