Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 01:30 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They can't because it proves Evolution (Macro Evolution) is impossible, and they can't admit it.
Please define Macro evolution for us. It's clear that you don't know what it means, and I would bet that you won't admit it.

Hint:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 01:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They can't because it proves Evolution (Macro Evolution) is impossible, and they can't admit it. Their only science is micro evolution which is within the Biblical boundaries of Kinds that can reproduce among themselves. Nothing has ever crossed that line except in the minds of those who believe in Evolution.
Yea, I know. But some will just post a chart showing 3.8 billion years = macroevolution as if that proves anything

Old 11-19-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yea, I know. But some will just post a chart showing 3.8 billion years = macroevolution as if that proves anything
And some will just sit behind a screen and be intellectually lazy and just toss out ignorant statements, trying to pass them off as fact.

Sure as if that proves anything.

Did you miss the word Hint:? I gave him a hint in order for him to realize how misinformed he is. If he is interested in learning how misinformed he is then he can look up the hint all on his own big grown up self. We are not in grade school.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:56 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
And some will just sit behind a screen and be intellectually lazy and just toss out ignorant statements, trying to pass them off as fact.

Sure as if that proves anything.

Did you miss the word Hint:? I gave him a hint in order for him to realize how misinformed he is. If he is interested in learning how misinformed he is then he can look up the hint all on his own big grown up self. We are not in grade school.
I'm against being intellectually lazy and against tossing out ignorant statements trying to pass them off as fact. I wish you were the same as me.

The real problem is that people are too lazy. They take the word of scientists by faith that what they say about evolution is fact. If they weren't so lazy they would eschew evolution, they would see the marvelous complexity of DNA and would be forced to say "An Intelligent Designer did this!"

Old 11-19-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I'm against being intellectually lazy and against tossing out ignorant statements trying to pass them off as fact.
Now you are the King of Denial.

You have proven to be the most intellectually lazy person on this thread as well as the Master of tossing out ignorant misinformed statements. The evidence does not lie.
Quote:
The real problem is that people are too lazy. They take the word of scientists by faith that what they say about evolution is fact. If they weren't so lazy they would eschew evolution, they would see the marvelous complexity of DNA and would be forced to say "An Intelligent Designer did this!"
No one just takes the word of scientists especially those who are educated in science. We understand science vs. just taking the word. Evidence does not lie.

People like you are intellectually lazy...you just take the word of creationists as faith. That's about as intellectually lazy as it gets.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:30 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
If they weren't so lazy they would eschew evolution, they would see the marvelous complexity of DNA and would be forced to say "An Intelligent Designer did this!"
I'm almost on the floor laughing.

Yeah, looking at something complex and saying "God did it" takes so much more intellectual effort than figuring out how it actually works.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:34 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
I'm against being intellectually lazy and against tossing out ignorant statements trying to pass them off as fact. I wish you were the same as me.

Right now the EVIDENCE is for evolution. If you wish to "prove" God "walked" in a garden, that Adam and Eve were visited by a "talking" snake, and that the Garden was "shut up" with an angel guarding the entrance--then produce evidence for God walking as other than Jesus Christ (who was born and developed the way all humans do), show us the skeletal remains of a snake with a larynx, and gives us the geographic location of where the Garden is located and protected by a sword wielding cherubim. Or are THOSE descriptions meant only figuratively? If not, why hasn't the "Garden" been located?

Until then EVIDENCE points toward evolution as the means God used to populate the earth with everything.

The snake idea is interesting in that in Hebrew the word comes from a root meaning “to practice divination.” As a noun this root is translated “enchantment” and in its verb form, “enchanter.” Only a fool doesn't see the spiritual meaning of using a snake rather than a "roaring" lion to confront the pair of Edenites.

Quote:
"No one, I think, can doubt that the statement that God walked in the afternoon in paradise, and that Adam lay hid under a tree is related figuratively in Scripture, that some mystical meaning may be indicated by it."
Origen of Alexandria 185-254 CE (De Prinicipiis, 4.1.16).

You should listen to Origen. He was probably the first Universalist.

Instead you've jumped into a religious coffin and are busy driving nails into the lid from the inside out.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Lest we forget: he believes a man lived for three (3) days inside a giant fish.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just extend your question to ask who could believe we would be required to believe things which are patently absurd and so detached from the reality we experience and know about just to prove our belief in God? What kind of a God would require that????
Yo, Eusebius! What could be more intellectually lazy than accepting patently absurd explanations as a sign of faith in God???
Quote:
Many who accept evolution say exactly that, Eusebius! Evolution theory says NOTHING about whether or not there is an Intelligent Designer. That is YOUR straw man. It simply describes HOW the design has been implemented. I really would like to know what kind of God you think would require us to believe absurdities as a sign of our belief in Him???? Why would He do such a thing???

Old 11-19-2015, 08:33 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Please define Macro evolution for us. It's clear that you don't know what it means, and I would bet that you won't admit it.

Hint:
Macro evolution is simply a change from one existing "kind" (A Kind is capable of self reproduction and at its limit becomes sterile). Evolution, as in Darwin's theory and it's modern counterparts, require a change from one Kind to another and the ability to reproduce the change. In other words a Wolf becoming a terrier is Micro evolution or changes within a Kind. Macro Evolution would be a fish becoming a mammal and the length of time is immaterial.

ALL DNA experiments show only Micro evolution can or has occurred.

Bet you cannot provide one testable, verifiable change beyond a Kind, as every tests while showing some improvement in one area, actually also shows an overall deterioration in the totality of the biological entity.

Please provide such a test not speculation based on a few fossils and requiring a few million years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality