Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,259,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not the one whining about it. I simply pointed out that it's not intellectually honest to make the statement that we hate people simply because we disagree over whether or not marriage should be redefined. We don't hate gay people, nor are we suggesting that gay people should be denied any basic rights.
Can you show me where I claimed you or anyone else "hated" me or anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 10:55 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,246,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Funny, but the highest court in the land thinks differently.

And I am over it, I'm getting MARRIED on the 31st.
And the fact that we disagree over whether or not that is a valid marriage does not mean that we hate you.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
And the fact that we disagree over whether or not that is a valid marriage does not mean that we hate you.
Again, I don't care if you think it is valid or not, I only care what the STATE says in regard to the validity, the churches opinion doesn't matter. And I never claimed that you or anyone else hates me.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Can you show me where I claimed you or anyone else "hated" me or anyone else?
You suggested that we want to deny you basic human rights. We don't. We just deny what those basic human rights are.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:58 AM

18,524 posts, read 9,215,011 times
Quote:
I'm not the one whining about it. I simply pointed out that it's not intellectually honest to make the statement that we hate people simply because we disagree over whether or not marriage should be redefined. We don't hate gay people, nor are we suggesting that gay people should be denied any basic rights.
The Supreme Court disagrees. Sorry.

If you're going to live under this roof (the USA) you will abide by the rules, whether you like them or not.

Yikes, I sound like my father.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:00 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Whether or not you consider marriage a basic right is irrelevant. Gay people have never been restricted from marrying any more than anyone else.

The above "logic" - according to Matt "The Oil" Slick.

Viz and the Slickster have ALWAYS allowed gays to marry someone of the opposite sex whom they do not love and are not attracted to!

Out of the goodness of their shriveled little fundamentalist hearts!

Knobs.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
You suggested that we want to deny you basic human rights. We don't. We just deny what those basic human rights are.
And I didn't say anything about hate, I said that it is not loving, respectful nor kind to deny equal rights to American citizens. YOU were the one that brought up hate.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And I didn't say anything about hate, I said that it is not loving, respectful nor kind to deny equal rights to American citizens. YOU were the one that brought up hate.
Whatever. You are the one that is changing the narrative to suggest that it's not loving, respectful or kind to deny what you say are basic human rights.

The question is what those basic human rights are. If we disagree about them it's not that we don't love you, respect you, or want to treat you worse than anyone else.

If I decided I have a basic human right to a $70,000 4x4 pickup with 35" tires in my driveway and you disagreed, does that mean I can suggest you're unloving, disrepectful, or wan tto deny me rights?

Old 12-10-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Whatever. You are the one that is changing the narrative to suggest that it's not loving, respectful or kind to deny what you say are basic human rights.

The question is what those basic human rights are. If we disagree about them it's not that we don't love you, respect you, or want to treat you worse than anyone else.

If I decided I have a basic human right to a $70,000 4x4 pickup with 35" tires in my driveway and you disagreed, does that mean I can suggest you're unloving, disrepectful, or wan tto deny me rights?
What are you reading? I don't think it is my post. I was discussing equal rights, as in equal protection of the laws, not basic human rights.
If you want to discuss your own made up narrative, please stop quoting my posts to do so. If you want to discuss what I ACTUALLY posted, then do so and not what you imagine they say.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
What are you reading? I don't think it is my post. I was discussing equal rights, as in equal protection of the laws, not basic human rights.
If you want to discuss your own made up narrative, please stop quoting my posts to do so. If you want to discuss what I ACTUALLY posted, then do so and not what you imagine they say.
Post # 34 on this thread:

Quote:
Since when?
I don't think it is respect nor kindness to deny others equal rights, among so many other things that some "Christians" do on a daily basis.

As we've said...when YOU decide what the rights are and we disagree with them, it's not unloving or disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality